Logan Logan - news & discussion - Part 5

I'm glad Fox is pushing for this film.

I think it's one of the greatest comic book movies ever made. Definitely the best CBM since The Dark Knight, at the very least.

It would be a serious crime if Deadpool could be nominated for something and Logan didn't.

Picked this up at NYCC this year:

PX8Lflt.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...:10:37_rrahman&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_tie
As Mangold looks to the future and a possible Laura movie, he touches on the success of Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman this summer and what that means for female-fronted films.

"Patty's success with that film only solidifies more for studios that there's less to fear with a female protagonist," says Mangold. "The more that keeps getting hit home, that ends up giving me more space turning around and going, 'Well here we are with a female protagonist. That's incredible. And what are we going to do with her?' And that's where we are with that [the Laura script] right now, dreaming."

Sounds like the X-23 film is coming sooner than expected, even though it's still in the planning stages. But good that Dafne Keen is still in the game, so people can put aside the conversations of getting a new Wolverine when we've already got one.

Sounds like the X-23 film is coming sooner than expected, even though it's still in the planning stages. But good that Dafne Keen is still in the game, so people can put aside the conversations of getting a new Wolverine when we've already got one.

She should take up the name Wolverine, but I can already hear fanboys crying.. lul

She should take up the name Wolverine, but I can already hear fanboys crying.. lul

She shouldn’t. It was a title earned by her in the books. Not really the case in the one film especially since that’s not how she knew him. They should establish her with her own identity before thinking of throwing Wolverine’s mantle on her and effectively making her a replacement

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...:10:37_rrahman&utm_term=hollywoodreporter_tie

As Mangold looks to the future and a possible Laura movie, he touches on the success of Patty Jenkins' Wonder Woman this summer and what that means for female-fronted films.

"Patty's success with that film only solidifies more for studios that there's less to fear with a female protagonist," says Mangold. "The more that keeps getting hit home, that ends up giving me more space turning around and going, 'Well here we are with a female protagonist. That's incredible. And what are we going to do with her?' And that's where we are with that [the Laura script] right now, dreaming."

Those are exciting words to hear from a director in the X-Men franchise. If Fox comes through, I can already see Rogue smashing stuff to save a damsel in distress (Gambit) and Emma Frost conflicting with Shadowcat or playing with people's heads.

Last edited:
Great news!

Would be cool to see Logan pick up some nominations. If not for best picture, at the very least Hugh and Stewart deserve some acting nominations

I'm glad Fox is pushing for this film.

I think it's one of the greatest comic book movies ever made. Definitely the best CBM since The Dark Knight, at the very least.

It's one of the most suited for Oscar type buzz at least.

Critics' Choice Awards

Best Supporting Actor – Patrick Stewart

Best Young Actor/Actress – Dafne Keen

Best Action Movie

Excellent. Is Stewart doing any promo rounds to help his momentum?

Him and Hugh have both done a healthy dose of interviews it seems. Stewart had a deadline interview about Logan and the X-Men recently. But this is Stewart's second nom - believe Detroit Critics also gave him a supporting actor nom.

And Mangold tweeted out the screenplay today on his Twitter handle, so that should be fun to go through.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"