Mad Max: Fury Road - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That explains it, maybe those were entirelly droped or were just some of the various propositions by a certain artist.

No they were actually used. Some designs might of changed slightly given the false starts but the overall look is similar from some of the characters and vehicles. The great thing about these pieces is it not only gives as ideas as to how some characters are going to look, like Nathan Jones as Rictus Erectus, but also reveals other characters and locations we hadn't heard of and also further cements that the video game is an expansion on the Mad Max world as seen in Fury Road and an not a developer's original take on the IP as they've been fond of saying.

Peter Pound was one of the many conceptual artists involved but he also storyboarded the entire film like a wicked comic book which they stilled used when shooting in Namibia in 2012.

Damn. Warner Bros just made SHH delete most of my scoops in this thread. :csad:

did you writte something this week or the old ones?

For what its worth FURY ROAD is being screened tomorrow night in L.A and looks like WB are aiming for PG-13.

Slightly OT, although expected, the video game got delayed until 2015 too but it's pretty much a tie-in with the movie anyway so why not release with the movie?

wow you mean someone is actually going to see this movie?

A couple positive reactions:

Randy from AF Times:

This IS the kind of Mad Max II/The Road Warrior on steroids, go-big-or-go-home, bug-nuts crazy, toss-you-in-the-deep-end mythology and put-it-all-out-there-in-case-we-never-make-another-one Mad Max Fury Road.

This movie feels like thirty years of Miller holding in passion for a world that he built so long ago, exploding on the screen. You, remember the third act of The Road Warrior, the bad-ash truck chase that is still hailed as a masterpiece of filmmaking? You do? Good.
Because that’s what this whole movie pretty much is-and it works! A chase that goes long and deep into the heart of Miller’s post-apocalyptic world, trying to get out of the Wasteland. It opens up and hardly slows down.

Kevin West:

Just came from a year in advance screening of “Mad Max Fury Road”. Weird to not see Gibson as Max but Tom Hardy holds it down just fine. Great action sequences and amazing post apocalyptic vehicles and costuming with awesome makeup.

http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-impressions-from-tom-hardy-led-mad-max-fury-road-roll-in/

People I spoke to who attended loved it. They thought Hardy did a damn good job (more Road Warrior, not very talky but big presence on screen and lots of action) along with Theron and Hoult. Memorable villains and characters.

Practical, practical effects with minimal CGI so all the car chases, onboard vehicle skirmishes and the like were intense. Fantastic production design.

Music was mostly temp stuff and again it was a rough cut so the edit was a little choppy and as expected rough but it's still a year out. Really pushes the PG-13 rating to it's limit.

Test screening reactions:

+
http://thefilmstage.com/news/first-impressions-from-tom-hardy-led-mad-max-fury-road-roll-in/

-
@colliderfrosty: MAD MAX: FURY ROAD test screening was last night. Sorry to report, I didn't hear good things.

Also Tom Hardy can’t stop doing the Bane voice. So annoying.

Even if this person is legit, saw the movie and didn't like it, there's no way I believe he's doing the Bane voice in this movie. Like those people who claim Bale does the Batman voice in everything, hearing what's not there.

i only belive if some like it and some dont. when test screenings have only positive opinions i think they were payed.

I don't get why the bad place Hardy would be doing the Bane voice as Max.

Granted, Hardy does weird affectations in his roles sometimes, but that one makes no sense to me at all.

I was only told the voice was a deep, gruff sound. Hints of an accent that's possibly aussie but it was also hard to understand at times that'll hopefully be tweaked before release.

I guess that's a "Bane" voice. :funny:

Well Hardy is kind of gruff and not the clearest speaker in general. He mumbles and has a heavy English accent IRL.

Has Hardy ever done the Bane voice outside of Dark Knight Rises? Don't think he has.

Nope. Bane is so electronically enhanced and distorted that it's probably not even possible.

Ironic bit of trivia: Hardy's character in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was supposed to be Australian, but they made him English because apparently Hardy couldn't get the accent right.

He should do the bane voice in every movie from now on. Bane as Al Capone, Bane as Mad max, Bane as Elton John.

Well Hardy is kind of gruff and not the clearest speaker in general. He mumbles and has a heavy English accent IRL.

Yeah I think he just tweaked his voice even more and because it wasn't the final audio mix, Hardy suffered as a result and wasn't very clear when talking but that reader immediately associated it with Bane. lol

Last edited:
when someone says that he talked like Bane they dont mean the electronic voice. they mean the way Hardy talked. the way he pronounced words

Hardy has been using a simplified bane version all his life in movies. the problem is that some ''fans'' only watched Hardy in 2 movies. Inception and TDKR. and now they think he talks the same.

to explain what i mean listen to this and try to remember 2011.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR4hVwDhbIg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back