Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed, but also excited at the prospect of new blood. The casting circus is always a fun (and maddening) time. I just hope we don't have to wait 5 years for it to start, lol. If they used Supergirl as a vehicle for introducing a new Supes, I would be happy.

Disappointed, but also excited at the prospect of new blood. The casting circus is always a fun (and maddening) time. I just hope we don't have to wait 5 years for it to start, lol. If they used Supergirl as a vehicle for introducing a new Supes, I would be happy.
Do you think this means he's definitely done playing Supes?

Screenrant had this little 'pearl of wisdom'...

:funny:
What a blistering observation! Well it will not affect his tenure as Superman at all...but it might.

I mean what other outcomes are there?! LOL :D

If I were to make a prediction, I'd say yeah he's done. To me it's not about he can do both Witcher and Superman. To me it's about the fact that Warner Bros is clearly in no hurry to set up a new Superman film or use Cavill again. They've moved on from Superman and Justice League, and Cavill is moving on with his career.

They are clearly in no hurry in locking up Man of Steel 2 or a Solo Superman film, which still has no release date, script or director.

What a blistering observation! Well it will not affect his tenure as Superman at all...but it might.

I mean what other outcomes are there?! LOL :D

Priceless, isn't it! :)

If I were to make a prediction, I'd say yeah he's done. To me it's not about he can do both Witcher and Superman. To me it's about the fact that Warner Bros is clearly in no hurry to set up a new Superman film or use Cavill again. They've moved on from Superman and Justice League, and Cavill is moving on with his career.

They are clearly in no hurry in locking up Man of Steel 2 or a Solo Superman film, which still has no release date, script or director.

I guess. Shame, I liked him. Oh well, it'll be interesting to see how they handle the recasting. Will they actually reboot, or just go from where they are? Also I guess this means things should start moving on the Supergirl movie :)

Was the expectation that Cavil wouldn't take on any other work until after MOS2?
Maybe he'll just need some more cgi hair removal to do both.

It's not about Cavill being able to do it, it's about WB clearly not wanting him to

I'm just confused why people are taking him being cast in a the Witcher as a sign regarding Superman. I understand how the contract negotiation puts it up in the air, but I don't see the significance of him doing another project.

Because nothing points to MoS2 actually happening and Cavill taking another role during prolonged MoS2 negotiations is not a good sign

Also there may be other issues with him WB probably doesn't wanna have to deal with

Seems like a safe bet Cavill is gone. He was okay in the role. He had a few moments, but never really shined IMO. The script did him no favors.

The franchise is in need of a desperate overhaul and moving on from Cavill seemed like a necessity if they are going to change the public perception of future films.

Sad thing is WB probably has no immediate plans for Superman. Could be a long long time before we see another film.

Hopefully the next actor and director is able to capture of magic of the character.

Seems like WB wanted to hedge their bets with the rumor of bringing back Cavill's Superman for cameos. In the past, they have shown no indication of aggressively pursuing MOS 2 for financial and creative reasons. I thought it might change with Hamada and new leadership but apparently it has not.

Sad thing is WB probably has no immediate plans for Superman. Could be a long long time before we see another film.
Very possibly. If Cavill is gone I wouldn't mind betting they won't be in any hurry at all to recast and instead will be actively pushing Supergirl as the DCEU flag-bearer.

Seems like a safe bet Cavill is gone. He was okay in the role. He had a few moments, but never really shined IMO. The script did him no favors.

The franchise is in need of a desperate overhaul and moving on from Cavill seemed like a necessity if they are going to change the public perception of future films.

Hopefully the next actor and director is able to capture of magic of the character.

If Cavill is gone, it will be with a lot of regret and "what could have been." That he never got to immediately be in MOS2 right after MOS, and all the debacle that happened with BvS and especially JL, so that he never fully got to explore the character. With JL, his run ended with a huge lack of consistency and an overall arc that was kind of...ruined, because of all that happened with JL. WB did the "course corrections" with JL, but at a price (i.e. the quality of that movie and the obvious sudden shift in tone and character.)

The next phase of Superman and his world, including Supergirl, feels like it's going to be lighter. But I hope that doesn't mean it will be insubstantial. I think WB see the appeal of a Tyler Hoechlin type of Superman, a lighter brighter character and world. I hope Superman is not just relegated to TV or streaming series either and his world is greatly explored on the big screen.

I also worry they are going to veer towards the insubstantial, that there will be little depth to the next Superman film.

Thoughts on the rest of the MOS cast in terms of keep vs recast in a MOS sequel?

I felt like the Daily Planet characters weren't to interesting in MOS. To top it off they never really featured much in either BVS or JL so I never got to attached to the Daily planet crew. I did enjoy Amy Adams and Diane Lane in their roles but also wouldn't feel that saddened if they where replaced.

Nobody in the MoS-verse, including Cavill, is irreplaceable. I say do a full reboot. Throw out the baggage and start anew.

Yep. Do that.

Although, I honestly wouldn’t mind if Superman was relegated to television as long the series was 1) legitimately good and 2) not on or connected to the CW in any substantial way. I think great things could be done with Superman on television. But, obviously, I’m not opposed to giving him another shot on film.

Nobody in the MoS-verse, including Cavill, is irreplaceable. I say do a full reboot. Throw out the baggage and start anew.

I don't mind seeing a new cast but there doesn't have to be another origin. They can just keep going.

They don't have to continue off of MoS, either. Just start with an established Superman with some established relationships and tell a new story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"