Man of Steel 2 News and Speculation - Part 1

Discussion in 'Upcoming Superman Solo Movie' started by Thread Manager, Mar 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom I got nothin'

Bingo.

I mean hell, you can just as easily revisit the "Last Kryptonian" angle through a Brainiac storyline. Don't even have to touch the origin.

TheVileOne and flickchick85 like this.
  2. herolee10 No More Miracles

3. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

If you're talking reboot, I would have an opening two minute scene of Jor-El and Lara putting him in the ship, Krypton explodes, shows flashes of the rest of his origin as part of the opening credit montage and then come out of the credits by telling an established Superman story.

Rijowhite likes this.
  4. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Or just something simple like....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Rijowhite likes this.
  5. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

The only one I really want to see replaced is Amy Adams. I like her generally as an actress but not as Lois Lane. Other than that, whilst there's no-one I want to see go there's really no-one that I think must stay either.

6. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Well if they're hellbent on keeping the cast, they can just replace Cavill with his Canadian doppelganger and hope no one notices, lol.

Replace 'em all or nobody, imo.

7. herolee10 No More Miracles

You have to admit, with all of the bad things that has happened to Superman's film franchise, you can't help but wonder if there really is some kind of cursed fro the character.lol

8. Ita-KalEl Registered

Even Spiderman seemed cursed after a failed reboot in less than 10 years.
    There is always space to relaunch a character, BUT the problem is that WB don't seem to care anymore about developing their comicbook franchises on the silver screen.
    I wouldn't bet a cent about a new Superman movie.

I think that it could be a good thing. IMO Superman should relaunch the cb genre in 5-10 years.

9. Willi Berg On The Run

The time after "Superman Returns" was a stressful time as a Superman fan and it was a relief when MOS was announced and made. I thought finally things were rolling for an ongoing Superman universe. Then it happened all over again.

[​IMG]

Rijowhite likes this.
  10. Aurakles Registered

The general audience doesn't really care about being given an origin. We didn't need flashbacks to explain how people had powers in the Incredibles. It's really only geeks like us that demand explanations and consistent continuity. Most people seem to be perfectly satisfied with "A wizard did it".

Milk Tray Guy likes this.
  11. Willi Berg On The Run

Also, if they are really wondering about where Superman came from they can just rent MOS lol.

Aurakles likes this.
  12. STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

You're definitely not going to do an origin film again and spend an hour for him to become Superman nor stop the action in the middle of the film to do flashbacks. I still would use the opening credit montage to scatter images of his origin. Not because we don't know how Superman came to be but as visual reinforcement of the new cast. If Jor-El were to appear later on, I think it helps having a quick image of him on Krypton. If you get a new Jonathan and Martha, then I think a quick image of them discovering Clark helps you immediately connect with the new cast and put the MOS cast and backstory in the rear-view mirror.

13. Milk Tray Guy 70s Man of Action

I think that if the Supergirl movie happens and catches on in a big way we won't see a new Superman for a while.

14. herolee10 No More Miracles

[​IMG]

So first Brandon and now Henry.

It's mind boggling on how we have yet to have a successful modern day superman franchise.

We are at two strikes right now. If the next actor that plays Superman isn't able to hit a homerun with the next reboot then I think Warner Bros should seriously consider calling it quits for now.

And that is assuming that we get a new superman film. Like others have said, if we get a Supergirl film that ends up being very successful then we aren't going to see Superman for a VERY LONG time folks.

15. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Brandon's our Lazenby. Henry's our Dalton. Guess we'll get a Brosnan next, which I'm ok with. :p

16. herolee10 No More Miracles

Forget Brosnan, I want our Superman version of Daniel Craig asap.:argh::yay:

17. flickchick85 Admin of Might

No no, see, first we need to get our "Traditional Fun Version That Reminds Everyone That They Actually Like The Character" Supes (Brosnan) before we get to our "Better Version of Serious/Gritty After First Failed Attempt" Supes (Craig). ;)

18. herolee10 No More Miracles

But that means then that we will get four superman films where one of them is great (i e. Goldeneye), the other one is alright (i.e. Tomorrow Never Dies), the third one is meh (i.e. The World is not Enough), and the final one being a disaster (i.e. Die Another Day). We already went through that during Christopher Reeve's tenure.

19. flickchick85 Admin of Might

So...you're saying we'd get a great one!

Rijowhite likes this.
  20. herolee10 No More Miracles

We have Tyler for that.:cwink:

21. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Tyler's TV, so his Bond equivalent is...Alias? :p

22. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

Sorry, who are you referring to?

23. Deck Rickard Dovahkiin

"Crazed eyes of a killer" - Jon Peters

24. TheVileOne Registered

Unlike Routh, Cavill did appear in three films. So technically, he got sequels.

25. unholyrevenger DC is Doomed by its fans

Not really. Superman doesn't have Successful Cinematic Superhero Qualities, and the qualities that he does have are what make him Superman and differentiate him from other heroes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.