Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
The scenes that aren't even worthy of being deleted scenes or bloopers? :funny:

ending couldn't of been any better neck break,drone scene,montage of Jonathan watching young clark with that epic music,daily planet scene,welcome to the planet

honestly this had the best ending of nay super hero film especially an origin film
whats good with the ending is that i never missed a final flying scene. i like seeing superhero swinging,flying,.... but in MOS it just worked.

of course the title at the end didnt make sense. but thats what you get for copying Nolan. Batman Begins, TDK and TDKR all made sense with the title at the end. but in MOS it ends with Clark smiling.

this can't be right, can it ?

from Aussie site news.com.au

"The Superman reboot movie, Man of Steel, sits atop the Australian box office after a $9.4 million opening weekend."

"After two weeks of release internationally, Man of Steel has grossed a strong $567 million."

:huh:

I hope that number is right. :hehe:

But seriously, either that's wrong or the full estimates have been released. Probably the former.

Confused by the China numbers:

Highlights of Man of Steel’s holdovers include China ($11.9m for $46.5m to date),

It opened there after week 1 with about 26 million. How do they get a 44 million total if week two is 11.9 million? This was just the second weekend in China right?

Confused by the China numbers:

Highlights of Man of Steel’s holdovers include China ($11.9m for $46.5m to date),

It opened there after week 1 with about 26 million. How do they get a 44 million total if week two is 11.9 million? This was just the second weekend in China right?

$26m i believe was the opening weekend figure & that $11.9m was likely the 2nd weekend .. another $8m odd during the week days probably

$26m i believe was the opening weekend figure & that $11.9m was likely the 2nd weekend .. another $8m odd during the week days probably

That makes sense.

It still has 2 weeks to go so I am hoping it can hit 58/59/60 million total in China.

Japan is hard to say. Late openings hurt. SR made just 11 million there and it opened in August too I believe. MOS should do at least 11 million there then but the pirating and stuff may keep it from doing much more.

Considering how he harped on how badly Star Trek Into Darkness was tracking, that whole article and his stance is a big fat slice of hypocrisy. Suddenly with "Why do you care if it makes money anyway?" on the eve of a movie (and director) he loves that is increasingly looking like it will fail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bM1VU3JiCL4

it happened before it will happen again :woot:

I was reading about the shakeup at WB last week and the restructuring. 4 folks named to movie side to report to Tsujihara and same for TV side. A flattening of the corporate structure. The 4 replace Robinov who is out.

Good thing about last weeks shakeup is a new set of eyes and perhaps a more honest evaluation than Robinov might have given. I expect the new team will insist on fixes to the obvious flaws in MOS and will want to slow down the process instead of rushing ahead.

The only downer is if a sequel is set for 2016, as I expect, WB really does not have to announce anything until early 2014. I am hoping for some kind of fall 2013 announcement but with the corporate shake-up/restructuring it may not come that soon.

Last edited:
MU have hit 300M ww. With MU's legs (only fell 38% sat/sun), it might beat out MOS worldwide when it's all done... shucks!!!

I think it was mostly predicted to beat MOS WW. DM also.

Check out BOM's summer predictions. He nailed MOS at 290 million domestic and about 650 WW. His predictions for MU and DM are significantly higher.

MOS will likely be the #4 summer flick after IM3, MU and DM.

Considering how he harped on how badly Star Trek Into Darkness was tracking, that whole article and his stance is a big fat slice of hypocrisy. Suddenly with "Why do you care if it makes money anyway?" on the eve of a movie (and director) he loves that is increasingly looking like it will fail.
That's who he is. He can't help himself.

I hope by the end of this week MOS will be in the top 100 WW I'm predicting at least in the 80's

gotta love it.

I think it was mostly predicted to beat MOS WW. DM also.

Check out BOM's summer predictions. He nailed MOS at 290 million domestic and about 650 WW. His predictions for MU and DM are significantly higher.

MOS will likely be the #4 summer flick after IM3, MU and DM.

How about johnny Depp lone ranger? And hungry game 2?? Pacific rim is out???

So far the only OS total that seems disappointing is South Korea.

So far the only OS total that seems disappointing is South Korea.

Not really. Unfortunately it underperformed in Italy (but the marketing was weak) and Germany (where superhero movies never really did big cash, apart from very few exceptions).

The reason I bring up South Korea is that ASM earned 36 mill. Dark Knight Rises 41 mill. Iron Man 3 64 mill. Maybe it's not fair comparisons but still MOS opened there the same time as the US. 14 mill seems a little light but I don't know.

I was reading about the shakeup at WB last week and the restructuring. 4 folks named to movie side to report to Tsujihara and same for TV side. A flattening of the corporate structure. The 4 replace Robinov who is out.

Good thing about last weeks shakeup is a new set of eyes and perhaps a more honest evaluation than Robinov might have given. I expect the new team will insist on fixes to the obvious flaws in MOS and will want to slow down the process instead of rushing ahead.

The only downer is if a sequel is set for 2016, as I expect, WB really does not have to announce anything until early 2014. I am hoping for some kind of fall 2013 announcement but with the corporate shake-up/restructuring it may not come that soon.

We don't have a clue right now what the new team could do. I hope they're obsessed with quality, too, but they may be more focused on the dollar signs.

And, yes, they're going to evaluate what didn't work on MOS, but they're going to evaluate what's obviously gone right with the film, being that its the biggest Superman success in a long time. I also think, because of the success, we won't see an all new creative team or vision of the franchise, but mor of a revision with a fresh pair of eyes helping the existing team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"