Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am personally cautiously optimistic even still. But if it really does $300m domestically and $700m WW, I will be happy to have been wrong. Very, very happy.

At least we are done predicting $800m and up. :D

No, we are not.

Really? Even with the predictions now placing it somewhere between 650 and 700 million? No one is seriously doing that at this point.

I very much, and certainly, am.

$660 million ww is it's absolute basement. $850 is probably it's ceiling, and I say it's closer to its' ceiling then its' basement.

I very much, and certainly, am.

$660 million ww is it's absolute basement. $850 is probably it's ceiling, and I say it's closer to its' ceiling then its' basement.
I hope you are right and I guess we will see. Though that is pretty large prediction net. :D

Last edited:
He essentially has the over on $750M.

This movie is going to reach 700 mil. mark.

For the sequel I hope that some of the complaints from the fans and critics are addressed by WB.

tobias is delusional at the point he is acting like a 250 million doemstic intake within 3 weeks is some sort of failure and a 520 WW so far is not that impressive and even a projected 650-700 predicted run intake will still be meh lol

Except its only 18 days so that's all the more impressive in my book. Tobias though is clearly reading from a different book lol!

tobias is delusional at the point he is acting like a 250 million doemstic intake within 3 weeks is some sort of failure and a 520 WW so far is not that impressive and even a projected 650-700 predicted run intake will still be meh lol

Its weird to me that $1billion dollars minimum is the standard now. Especially for an origin. Aside from good story, screenplay, action, or acting (regardless if you think its good or bad) you need certain elements to go your way to get the billion dollar mark.

TDK had all the elements of being a great film. Crime fighter in Batman, Gotham PD, Commissioner Gordon, District Attorney Harvey Dent, and an unpredictable and deranged criminal/terrorist in the Joker. Along with beinga sequel coming off a strong origin.

TDKR was a good movie as well but its was riding the coat tails of TDK.

The Avengers took 4 year to build (5-6 years if you consider pre-production of Iron Man 1). And it had all those heroes in one movie. C'mon.

All other sequels didnt even come close aside from Iron Man 3. And IM3 is riding off the coat tails of Avengers.

I dont even know if MOS2 will hit the 1Billion mark. I dont know if Superman has the kind of elements that Batman has that made TDK so great.

Except its only 18 days so that's all the more impressive in my book. Tobias though is clearly reading from a different book lol!

I think that Tobias is saying that if the movie had a lighter tone, better plot structure, better editing and a better release date (I would even add a better marketing in Asia, which was lacking.) it would have earned even more.

Japan is going to be hard to see as having any impact on BO numbers...it doesn't get MOS until August 30th, and by then...piracy might've already killed it.

ending couldn't of been any better neck break,drone scene,montage of Jonathan watching young clark with that epic music,daily planet scene,welcome to the planet

honestly this had the best ending of nay super hero film especially an origin film

The movie was clearly in a rush to jump from one scene to next scene at breakneck speed. :oldrazz:

Some time was needed to allow some scenes to breathe.

I think that Tobias is saying that if the movie had a lighter tone, better plot structure, better editing and a better release date (I would even add a better marketing in Asia, which was lacking.) it would have earned even more.

Apart from the release date which most acknowledge was not optimum his other gripes are subjective and speaking subjectively they did not exist for me. The filmmakers' obviously didn't make the Movie that he hoped to see, but for me they did. Oh, and S:TM is my favorite movie of all time so using his arguement that MOS wasn't light enough in tone I should hate it. Back to BO #'s hopefully we get $7 million or so mon-weds, and about $18 million thurs-sun.

Last edited:
The movie was clearly in a rush to jump from one scene to next scene at breakneck speed. :oldrazz:

Some time was needed to allow some scenes to breathe.

The pace of the film was very fast. And yet people said the film dragged in the beginning.

But it was fast, but I think they wanted to deliver the action and really show off the power of Superman. But I didnt mind, I never really hold it against film makers how it went until then end because their is usually a purpose for the decisions they make earlier in the film.

For example, in Game of Thrones (season 3), it was very slow in the beginning of the season. Very serious, very grimm. But man does it pay off in the end.

In Superman Returns, I was patient with the film, I waited and waited and waited. Then the film was over. Credits rolled and I was like......That's it? I felt like nothing happened. Superman met Lex, got rid of the island.....Boom...Over.

The pace of the film was very fast. And yet people said the film dragged in the beginning.

But it was fast, but I think they wanted to deliver the action and really show off the power of Superman. But I didnt mind, I never really hold it against film makers how it went until then end because their is usually a purpose for the decisions they make earlier in the film.

For example, in Game of Thrones (season 3), it was very slow in the beginning of the season. Very serious, very grimm. But man does it pay off in the end.

In Superman Returns, I was patient with the film, I waited and waited and waited. Then the film was over. Credits rolled and I was like......That's it? I felt like nothing happened. Superman met Lex, got rid of the island.....Boom...Over.

I thought the same thing.

I think the bottom for MOS WW is $700 million and the ceiling $775-800 million.

When I watched it the 2nd time, i actually timed every event, from Krypton onwards... (the krypton scene was utterly great.. i wanted it to go on for another 30 mins or so)

There was a feeling of draginess after the Oil Rig? The reason? Because until the smallville scenes, it was more than an hour of 'documentary style' movie making... not that nothing is happening, scenes after scenes goes by, but you don't get emotionally attached to any of them.. so, in essense they drag...

If they had told the story better, then, no this show would not have a dragging middle...

ZOD has nothing on Darkseid. It would be a totally different fight and experience all around. Darkseid could use his minions like Granny Goodness. Seeing Darkseid on the big screen would be something special

Ah, his minions.. now you're talking.. I thought you mean one-on-one, which to me has zero difference in the fight...

Yeah, if it's Darkseid, with all his army, etc, then yes, that'll be great.. make it a trilogy, working up to Darkseid's final battle... army vs army.. the JLA leading Earth's army... now, that'll be epic indeed...

ending couldn't of been any better neck break,drone scene,montage of Jonathan watching young clark with that epic music,daily planet scene,welcome to the planet

honestly this had the best ending of nay super hero film especially an origin film

I loved the ending of BB, especially Batman's last words to Gordon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"