Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very informative and insightful, have you a background in film?

Nope, I'm just a movie- and comic book-aficionado/fan. :yay:

That's simply my take / opinion on adaptations. Too often fans get caught in what THEY dreamt of vs. what they get in a movie, and biases against filmmakers. The (in air quotes) rule "it's okay when a comic book writer does it, but HELL NO to a filmmaker trying something fresh and interesting" doesn't do it for me.

Agreed. I mean, Zod forbid a filmmaker tries to make something new that's based on pre-existing source material. MOS is nothing more than Zack Snyder/Christopher Nolan/David S. Goyer's interpretation of Superman.

Agreed. I mean, Zod forbid a filmmaker tries to make something new that's based on pre-existing source material. MOS is nothing more than Zack Snyder/Christopher Nolan/David S. Goyer's interpretation of Superman.

Which is just how it should be, since these are MOVIES (by the directors / writers) BASED on comic books. And aside from that, you wouldn't want comic book writers just keep telling the same stories over and over again, just with new and improved art, wouldn't you? Writers constantly add their own vision to these characters. That's how they last so many years: thanks to creative minds which keep these machines going.

I don't understand how some of you on here can watch the same movies so frequently so soon. I can watch my most beloved movies frequently but it has to be over time not 3 weeks. It just amazes me.

Part of the fun of seeing MOS multiple times, is vicariously experiencing it through the reaction of the other theater goers who perhaps are seeing it for the first time.

Part of the fun of seeing MOS multiple times, is vicariously experiencing it through the reaction of the other theater goers who perhaps are seeing it for the first time.

I'd add to that - being caught up in exams, I haven't had the chance to revisit Man of Steel after my first viewing. But the movie is SO much fun (and exciting), that I'd love to see it once again in theaters.

Last edited:
Man of steel is the only movie I know off that after every showing i've been too 4 total someone always claps or cheers...

That's what makes me keep going back as well. Every time I decide to buy a ticket, I try to get a good feel of the best crowds and times of that night. It's defiantly a certain high being a fan and glancing over to see other peoples faces JUST to see where they stand in the enjoyment or what not. It's a good time to know what's coming, experience it yourself again and flow with the crowd all over again.:word: Every time I try to go see it again, something comes up. That **** got to cut out because I'm dying to see this again. I defiantly want to take my parents for sure.

Back to the subject...Man of Steel WILL be making 700 million WW when it is all said and done.

Yup, the reaction of others really makes each viewing feel fresh...
the pieces of plywood that went to the theater both times I watched the dark knight rises didnt enhance that movie experience..

I may go watch MOS again soon just to enjoy the spectacle on the big screen again.

Yes 700 WW is looking good.

That's good. Really good.
tumblr_mp868hU9YH1r7nhixo3_250.gif

Considering that we had many believing that Superman was no longer a relevant character and that he was not popular anymore, the fact that his reboot film, after only 7 years since his disappointing return to the BIG Screen after 20 years then, is now close to getting 700 million, I'd say that it's a big success indeed.

Considering that we had many believing that Superman was no longer a relevant character and that he was not popular anymore, the fact that his reboot film, after only 7 years since his disappointing return to the BIG Screen after 20 years then, is now close to getting 700 million, I'd say that it's a big success indeed.

nah. can't be. this film has bad reviews and poor WOM.........:o

How many of you agree that lex shouldn't be in the sequel? I think they should do Braniac next and save lex for the finale but let him make many cameos in the next save darksied for justice league and The Light = vandel savage and lex and many more for the sequel

nope. Lex HAS to be in the sequel.

the way MOS ended.......it sets up perfectly for Lex.

Brainiac might give off a similar "alien invasion" vibe, which we just got in MOS.

The codex being stored in Superman, however, is a good setup for Brainiac down the road.

The way the events of MOS turned out, Lex is the perfect choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"