Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, he is serious. Numbers don't lie. Why are you avoiding this?

BRAD PITT AT BOX OFFICE:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=bradpitt.htm&sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm

His highest movie brought in 186 million. Most recent highest -- 148 mil (Megamind). Only Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Oceans Eleven got in the 180 mil range, ALL his other movies are 148 mil and below.

TOM CRUISE AT BOX OFFICE:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=tomcruise.htm&sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm

His highest movie brought in 234 million. Most recent highest -- 209 mil (Mission Impossible).

WILL SMITH AT BOX OFFICE:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=willsmith.htm&sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm

His highest movie brought in 306 million. Most recent highest -- 227 mil ('I Am Legend').

Are you serious? will smith has never been more popular than brad............

Wwz will do 95-100 mu will do 98 million

At this point, I must ask.. are you in love with Brad? :cwink:

All the movies are oscar bait :doh:

Since when has Oscar Bait meant high grossing blockbusters?

Difference:

Brad Pitt is a better actor, but he is NOT a higher money puller.

THERE"S AN OBVIOUS DIFFERENCE.

At this point, I must ask.. are you in love with Brad? :cwink:

I think he's a troll or trying to instigate at this point. I mean, I'm posting stats and he's ignoring them.

Me saying it will make 'I Am Legend' isn't me saying it will flop or do badly. It will do good for what it is. And it would have been a definite success if not for budget over inflation.

Me saying 'I Am Legend' is me saying his highest grossing film and opening to date.

Exactly my point and yet brad made those oscar bait bankable.

You're talking two different things. Returns and box office growth. His returns have been strong, but that doesn't increase when the budget does.

I think he's a troll or trying to instigate at this point. I mean, I'm posting stats and he's ignoring them.

Me saying it will make 'I Am Legend' isn't me saying it will flop or do badly. It will do good for what it is. And it would have been a definite success if not for budget over inflation.

Not sure if he's a troll, but he sure loves his Brad...

TBH, I don't know of people today even cared that much about Brad anymore.. once upon a time, sure...

That's not to say he's not a good actor, he is.. and he's prob a good director too (we'll see with WWZ), but a 'draw' or 'famous actor' today, he's not.. not even close,...

Why does MOS need to be number one more than one weekend? It's obvious that it's not going to be number one next weekend but whocares when it's making money? I sure don't. Yes MU and WWZ are going to hurt it, duh we knew that from the beginning.
Absolutely.
It is bizarre that MOS is doing well we are focusing on the bankability of Brad Pitt.

TBH, I don't know of people today even cared that much about Brad anymore.. once upon a time, sure...

That's not to say he's not a good actor, he is.. and he's prob a good director too (we'll see with WWZ), but a 'draw' or 'famous actor' today, he's not.. not even close,...

Not meaning to come off like this correction might sound, but WWZ's actually directed by Marc Forster.

It is, I don't even like Pitt or want to see his zombie movie. I'm done with this convo. I'll be back when Friday numbers come in.

Not meaning to come off like this correction might sound, but WWZ's actually directed by Marc Forster.

Ooops.. sorry.. don't know why I kept thinking he was the director.. prob because he's one of the producers... :yay:

Come on guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves and enjoy this OW for MoS. I still think this hauls in north of $130 mil. Been projecting $130-$150 million. I posted in the old thread if it's less than $50 mil for Friday altogether, it won't get past $120-$125 mil. I think Fridays total estimate could be on or around $60-65 mil that includes Walmart/Midnight figure.

Let's see what unfolds :)

Ooops.. sorry.. don't know why I kept thinking he was the director.. prob because he's one of the producers... :yay:

It's cool, had to look it up. Actually happy he didn't because, depending on reasons for over-budgeting, if he wanted to do it he might not have been trusted again. Unsure why or how the budget got to where it did, but it was a smart movie the studio made at first -- but something weird happened to the budget (heard it's north of 400 mil).

He's not huge in terms of making money (although I think his best are far better than Will Smith's) but we must live in very different places if you say he's not a famous actor. I can hardly imagine anyone not knowing who Brad Pitt is.

It's cool, had to look it up. Actually happy he didn't because, depending on reasons for over-budgeting, if he wanted to do it he might not have been trusted again. Unsure why or how the budget got to where it did, but it was a smart movie the studio made at first -- but something weird happened to the budget (heard it's north of 400 mil).

That 400 million number is dailymail typical bs.

it's still 175 to 200

And i'm a fan of the book.

Last edited:
I heard the same. I was just about to ask if that was true. If it is, then WWZ has a tough hill to climb.

400 m budget for MOS?

lmao

So twice the budget IM3 had?

oh okay...seems legit.

The movie is not lacking buzz currently because "Man of Steel" and "Superman" are trending world wide on twitter. It is also trending on google news in the US.

Pitt hasn't been in a summer blockbuster since 2005, WWZ isn't getting 100 mil this weekend not by the longest shot.

400 m budget for MOS?

lmao

So twice the budget IM3 had?

oh okay...seems legit.
No, we're talking WWZ. MoS's budget was reported to be 175/200. I have heard a number all the way up to 250 tho.

Last edited:
Coming soon to this thread...."Brad Pitt can beat up Chuck Norris", "Avatar only made its money because Brad Pitt said people should go see it.", "You know how The Assassination of Jesse James cost 30M and only took in 4M domestic and 11 overseas? If Brad Pitt wasn't in it, it would have bankrupted Warner Bros. and millions of people would have been eaten by rabid frogs.", and "I'm an actor myself, and while I'm not supposed to say this, I'm in Brad Pitt's next movie where he will be riding naked with me on a pink unicorn through a field of cotton candy."

Coming soon to this thread...."Brad Pitt can beat up Chuck Norris", "Avatar only made its money because Brad Pitt said people should go see it.", "You know how The Assassination of Jesse James cost 30M and only took in 4M domestic and 11 overseas? If Brad Pitt wasn't in it, it would have bankrupted Warner Bros. and millions of people would have been eaten by rabid frogs.", and "I'm an actor myself, and while I'm not supposed to say this, I'm in Brad Pitt's next movie where he will be riding naked with me on a pink unicorn through a field of cotton candy."
I love cotton candy so whats the problem.

Come on guys, let's not get ahead of ourselves and enjoy this OW for MoS. I still think this hauls in north of $130 mil. Been projecting $130-$150 million. I posted in the old thread if it's less than $50 mil for Friday altogether, it won't get past $120-$125 mil. I think Fridays total estimate could be on or around $60-65 mil that includes Walmart/Midnight figure.

Let's see what unfolds :)

How long before we know the friday figure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"