Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
bond comparisons are dumb ,because bond can do it? it took 3 films before the craig bond films were a hit domestically CR & QOS both made 167 million domestically

bond comparisons are dumb ,because bond can do it? it took 3 films before the craig bond films were a hit domestically CR & QOS both made 167 million domestically

ergo, if he can do it then why not superman...

Many people here think the superman brand is in bad shape(no worse than bond's ever been). So if bond is making 300, surely superman can to.
simple.

ergo, if he can do it then why not superman...

Many people here think the superman brand is in bad shape(no worse than bond's ever been). So if bond is making 300, surely superman can to.
simple.
the perception is bond is never in bad shape. It has movies coming out in almost every 3 years. Bond is a ‘rewarding’ brand. Superman had its glory 30+ years ago. However, He is now perceived as a ‘struggling’ brand. Something like the Hulk.

the perception is bond is never in bad shape. It has movies coming out in almost every 3 years. Bond is a ‘rewarding’ brand. Superman had its glory 30+ years ago. However, He is now perceived as a ‘struggling’ brand. Something like the Hulk.
It seem like u a hater.The thing is it don't matter how much a bond film make, they just keep making them, even when some of them sucked and didn't come close to making as much money as the most recent bond movie did.They can do the same with superman, but they won't settle for less they want more.They want the best out of a superman movie.

The trailer and world of mouth is good(if it's a good a film as Begins thought it was), no reason it can't do Blist Iron Man numbers.
I'm predicting over 300. This should be good.

I can easily see a $70M-$80M opening for this movie. If WB markets it properly through the last few months up to June 14th, and get the word out... I can see it having a Skyfall-sized gross domestically. (I can't see this grossing $300M domestic, let alone $1B worldwide though.)

Truthfully, even though it has a Pixar movie the following week, there's not much competition against MOS for the rest of the month. Maybe WB does know what they were doing after all...

If you adjust superman returns domestic gross it would be about 240M domestic today without 3D, without nolan name and a high interest from non fans.

MOS will easily make it to 300M domestic.

when u add in 3D, Nolan name, Every cast member in this movie have fans, superman fans and non fans seem to be intrested.This movie will get to 300M easy.And over 100M opening.

Last edited:
It seem like u a hater.The thing is it don't matter how much a bond film make, they just keep making them, even when some of them sucked and didn't come close to making as much money as the most recent bond movie did.They can do the same with superman, but they won't settle for less they want more.They want the best out of a superman movie.
No. I’m more a realist. Some Bond movies might be not so great. But suck??? Never.
There is a big question on your statement “They can do the same with superman, but they won't settle for less they want more. They want the best out of a superman movie.” Firstly, every film maker / producer want the best out of their movies, quality or money-making wise. Secondly, they simple can’t do the same with superman because they have no confidence, understanding and trust in the character. Thirdly, we are getting MOS, a total solo film, mostly because they thought they might lose the right in 2013. So they wanna milk it for the last time.

If you adjust superman returns domestic gross it would be about 240M domestic today without 3D, without nolan name and a high interest from non fans.

when u add in 3D, Nolan name, Every cast member in this movie have fans, superman fans and non fans seem to be intrested.This movie will get to 300M easy.And over 100M opening.

I don't know about easily making it to 300mil but I definitely feel there is some great potential if the stars align for this film.

1. Entertainment - Does the film excite and get buzz? Will it be a fun journey?
2. Nolan factor - Do the fans of TDK trilogy cross over to see MoS?
3. Reviews - Part of getting good legs for this film means it has to score well with critics.
4. Marketing - Selling it to todays audience. What will make non-Superman fans want to see this film?

There also a lot that can go wrong that could make this film perform mediocre. However it's hard to cap how well this film could do. Imo it could range anywhere from 150 mil domestic to 350 mil. Maybe more. Worldwide anywhere from 400 mil to over a billion.

But i can only see MOS opening with 70-80 million. I'm really hoping 3D and Nolan's name generate this film a crap load of $$$

And if you adjust it's production budget from then your head will explode.

But i can only see MOS opening with 70-80 million. I'm really hoping 3D and Nolan's name generate this film a crap load of $$$
4 more months and we will see.I hope it do better that.I hope atlease 100m.It has the potential.

4 more months and we will see.I hope it do better that.I hope atlease 100m.It has the potential.

Oh boy does it ever. If WB can shove MOS down the public's throats for the last 2 months before it comes out, it very well might.

It's amazing a flim with a budget like that can be that boring.I don't think MOS will be boring.

Haha. So true. And no, we expect some great action.
I wonder if Bryan Singer will comment on the film after it's out.

Haha. So true. And no, we expect some great action.
I wonder if Bryan Singer will comment on the film after it's out.

He'll be too busy kicking himself in the ass for not going the action route in the first place....

In an unrelated note, Skyfall surpassed TDKR at the Box Office; how flipping amazing is that? Who would've thought the followup to Quantum of Solace would gross more than the followup to frickin TDK? Relevancy to this thread: You never truly know what can happen. That's what keeps people like us to keep playing the Box Office game, because of unexpected juggernauts like the Avengers and Skyfall.

Skyfall has already been brought up a number of times in the thread. Just simply with that "anything can happen" explanation.

Skyfall didn't come out as "the sequel to QoS", it came in as the "james bond 50th anniversary extravaganza movie!". Bond regardless of QoS still had a very strong film track record and was still very popular overseas and domestically too to a lesser margin.

The 50th anniversary and adele song all added to that as well, as well as the gap etc. It wasn't some out of the blue hit it had a lot behind it that MOS won't.

I'm not saying MOS won't do great but people have actually tried to use the skyfall example to back up how they believe MOS can/will do a billion, which i highly highly doubt.

Skyfall has already been brought up a number of times in the thread. Just simply with that "anything can happen" explanation.

Skyfall didn't come out as "the sequel to QoS", it came in as the "james bond 50th anniversary extravaganza movie!". Bond regardless of QoS still had a very strong film track record and was still very popular overseas and domestically too to a lesser margin.

The 50th anniversary and adele song all added to that as well, as well as the gap etc. It wasn't some out of the blue hit it had a lot behind it that MOS won't.

I'm not saying MOS won't do great but people have actually tried to use the skyfall example to back up how they believe MOS can/will do a billion, which i highly highly doubt.

MoS is releasing on the 75th anniversary of Supes' first comic, Action Comics #1.

It would be cool if WB capitalized on the 75th anniversary in some way.

I'm really hoping the gross of this film surprises me.

It only makes sense. Isn't that the reason they chose June in the first place? Why else would they choose a less than stellar date?

It would be cool if WB capitalized on the 75th anniversary in some way.
I don’t think they will. They already mentioned clearly that as if superman comic had never existed. So how to celebrate???!!!

He'll be too busy kicking himself in the ass for not going the action route in the first place....
Not that he didn’t want, he simply couldn’t do it good.
The action scenes in SR or Xmen are very dry and simply. People falls, catch; globe drops, catch; debris collapses, burn; fire spreads, breeze; there were no collateral damages. No sense of urgency and panic. He couldn’t even create a convincing chaotic scene. Everything was in order and neat. That’s why he went the melodrama way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"