Man of Steel Box Office Prediction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
837 million worldwide for Man of Steel, with an opening weekend of 125 million.

If MOS is as good as I expect it to be, then I'm sure it'll do $800 million world wide (minimum)

Since some dude in this topic said that making 1 billion is easy and since we all know that Superman's symbol is like, the 3rd most recognized in the world and if we multiply that with Nolan's name plus 3D, it's pretty clear to me and should be to everyone else that MOS will easily make:

[YT]cf7uJDhVZIE[/YT]

You heard it here first!

I wouldn't say getting a billion is easy, but it's not hard, especially these years.

Every year for the last three years around 3 movies hit the billion, If only two or even one movie gets to hit it this year, MOS will get my bit.

I hope a billion+

Not close enough to predict however

$550 Million Worldwide with an opening of $90M.

I'd be a little bummed if it made just as much as Thor. Thor was the lead-up to an event; Man of Steel IS the event. Then again, before I started reading other people's predictions, mine were also really conservative. I guess the optimism has spoiled me.

MoS is gonna make way more than Thor did. I wouldn't be surprised if it hit that billion WW.

I just don't see this film hitting a billion.
I hope I'm proven wrong.

I just don't see this film hitting a billion.
I hope I'm proven wrong.

It might. A crew member just said it had the best VFX he's ever worked on. Maybe the imagery is that spectacular it will push MOS past the billion mark.

I don't disbelieve that. Thanks to being pushed back half a year, this film had a miraculously long post production window; most effects heavy films would kill to get that much time to work on a film.

I don't disbelieve that. Thanks to being pushed back half a year, this film had a miraculously long post production window; most effects heavy films would kill to get that much time to work on a film.
Very true.
I'm so excited for all the flying scenes.

Long post production time doesn’t guarantee good quality.

No,but personally, I prefer they have a longer time to work on the VFX as opposed to a rush job.

$550 Million Worldwide with an opening of $90M.
I think it'll almost certainly make more than the first Iron Man, which made $585 million worldwide and had a $100 million opening.

My guess would be 700/125 -- or about in line with what the Spider-Man reboot made.

If this movie is as good as the trailer is making it out to be then it should crush it's competition and the first Iron Man and The Amazing Spider-Man!

If this movie is as good as the trailer is making it out to be then it should crush it's competition and the first Iron Man and The Amazing Spider-Man![/QUOTE ]
Hope Springs Eternal!

Last edited:
If this movie is as good as the trailer is making it out to be then it should crush it's competition and the first Iron Man and The Amazing Spider-Man!
To show off??? Your favorite hero will do better?
Btw, Sorry to say that Superman hasn’t reach that level yet.

To show off??? Your favorite hero will do better?
Btw, Sorry to say that Superman hasn’t reach that level yet.

Word of mouth will help get people to go see this movie. I showed a buddy of mine the full length trailer, and he's a Batman fan, but after watching that trailer it blew his mind...he wasn't expecting that and now he wants to go see a Superman movie

WOM only really happens if the movie is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"