Man of Steel Official Film Clips Thread....Discussions Welcome

Sorry but Crowe has a better presence. Shannon looks menacing until he starts speaking.

Shannon for the win.Crowe accent kinda took me out of it.

It was Shannon's lack of accent that made me scratch my head.

I should say I am joking BTW

Both Crowe and Shannon seemed great. Looks like Jor-El and Zod they have a mutual respect for one another before Zod attacks the council.

Nah the councilman's acting was the most convincing, he truly had me believing he was just thrown onto the floor.

:funny: :up:

Anyway, as for Zod and El (I love that Zod called him just ´´El``), they are both equally great in the scene and both are great actors (though Shannon has better chops) so it's a non-issue for me really. I'm just glad that Crowe seemed to be putting more energy and effort into this than some of his other recent roles.

Shannon for the win.Crowe accent kinda took me out of it.

Crowe is kind of like Sean Connery in that way. He never changes his accent for any role, which is kind of odd considering they're both actors.

It's not a deal breaker, it won't ruin the movie for me.

Small update to Superman compendium with new footage added...

[YT]eMKzXEQL6Us[/YT]

Crowe is kind of like Sean Connery in that way. He never changes his accent for any role, which is kind of odd considering they're both actors.

Crowe is at the point in his career where he doesn't even bother trying to hide his Aussie accent any more.

Crowe is at the point in his career where he doesn't even bother trying to hide his Aussie accent any more.

Why is this an issue specific to Crowe? Neither Shannon nor Traue are changing their accents to play Kryptonians. They don't seem to be portraying Krypton as having a distinctive accent in this film. Also, I'm pretty sure Crowe has altered his accent for several roles. Would we be having this conversation if he was American? You guys are acting like he is Arnold Schwarzenegger. lol

Even Brando used a "fake" English accent in STM. Whats with you people???

Crowe's accent is what I EXPECT to hear when he acts. You might want to question why everyone but Shannon speaks differently.

Geez...

Why is this an issue specific to Crowe? Neither Shannon nor Traue are changing their accents to play Kryptonians. They don't seem to be portraying Krypton as having a distinctive accent in this film. Also, I'm pretty sure Crowe has altered his accent for several roles. Would we be having this conversation if he was American? You guys are acting like he is Arnold Schwarzenegger. lol

It's just an observation more than anything, the Aussie accent isn't the best sounding accent on the planet for film. British sounds classy, European sounds evil or sexy, Aussie is very casual sounding.

It's just an observation more than anything, the Aussie accent isn't the best sounding accent on the planet for film. British sounds classy, European sounds evil or sexy, Aussie is very casual sounding.

Really? I think Crowe has a great accent. It is not your stereotypical Aussie accent. It has a certain uniqueness and gravitas to it. In that sense, it is more like an RP accent.

Maybe it's just me then, when ever I hear my native accent in a big budget American film it always feels off.

What's so great about the line "YOU THINK. YOU CAN THREATEN. MY MOTHER!!?", is the fact that one actually feels like "stepping back". Total respect when Cavill delivers that line! It's AWESOME!

I think Crowe's accent adds gravitas to his lines, but that's possibly because its coming off as more of a UK accent to me. I'm no expert at most accents, though.

I think it's better that both actors kept their natural accents. It allows them to simply focus on being sincere in their performances and actually adds some interesting subtext to their delivery, especially Shannon. His Zod's about as aristocratic as a can of oysters, so he really comes off as a focused, down to earth soldier who's fed up with his leaders failures. I love the change in dynamic. He's easier to empathize with, but also scarier in that we can see how he grows nihilistic and can't change from his binary coerce/attack method.

Maybe it's just me then, when ever I hear my native accent in a big budget American film it always feels off.

It's just you. It seems you are a self-hating Aussie. :oldrazz: I think the accents of educated (I guess for lack of a better description) Aussies and Kiwis sound incredibly refined and elegant. As godisawesome mentioned, they have the same qualities as RP English accents, at least to a North American like me. Sounds far from out of place in a big budget American movie to me. They add worldliness and gravitas.

Crowe is actually a New Zealander who is speaking the Queen's English in this performance among others.

Yes he is a New Zealander by birth but has called Australia home for the vast majority of his life, his accent it quintessentially Aussie. Little known fact, before becoming an actor Rusty tried to be a music star going by the stage name of Russ LeRoq. :hehe:

Speaking of Russel, did you guys know that at one point he smoked 60 cigarettes a day!

He was still smoking them during MOS if you view the early studio pictures.

I like aussie accents and I find it odd that you don't like hearing your own accent in a Superman movie JMC. lol

I like aussie accents and I find it odd that you don't like hearing your own accent in a Superman movie JMC. lol

I know, I should probably feel patriotic about it or something, I don't know why but it's probably due to a heavy diet of American and British movies, kinda takes me out of the movie. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"