Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine how I feel, I wasn't even able to catch the bootleg CC footage in time.

ALL I FEEL I RAAAAAAAAGE.

In some ways, that's a better thing since you've been spared the pain of disappointment in knowing that they could have shown so much better but didn't with the official trailer.lol

Dont worry, the REAL trailers will deliver what you need. I just hope it's more than just the CC-footage. Imagine waiting 6 months for something we've already "seen".

Idk..the first trailer for Thor was released like in November of 2010 was just a shorter version (albeit more polished up in effects and color timing) of the Comic Con trailer that was leaked in HQ for people to see online.

i think people don't understand the idea behind teaser trailer...as in to tease...or to give a taste...to make you want more

i think people don't understand the idea behind teaser trailer...as in to tease...or to give a taste...to make you want more

Take a look at all of Snyder's teasers and teasers for other films like TASM or The Hobbit. That's how you tease. CC trailer is how you tease. The theatrical teaser is how you make people even less interested in the film.

I just saw it on youtube, someone already uploaded a pretty good quality of it. I thought it was amazing and it did just that...tease!

BRING IT ON!

I just saw it on youtube, someone already uploaded a pretty good quality of it. I thought it was amazing and it did just that...tease!

BRING IT ON!

I enjoyed the teaser myself...some people expected way too much though

I really love the romantic Americana feel the con trailer and teaser has. Very Terrence Malick indeed, and very Superman.

Last edited:
Beautifull!!!!!! clark first job is fisherman that´s Awesome hehehe

From a marketing standpoint, I think this teaser is an epic fail. The general audience needs to know this is a kick-ass Superman. It needs to be epic and somber at the same time, much like the Batman movies are, but the general audience needs to be sold on Superman finally kicking some ass. This doesn't do anything in that respect.

From my personal viewing pleasure standpoint, I love this as a teaser. I already know Superman is going to kick ass. What I want to know about is the tone/look of the film. And I absolutely love this ultra-realism/Terence Malick feel of this movie. It is VERY un-Snyder like in the tone. I actually love Snyder as a director because of visuals, so what makes me excited is to see how Snyder can bring his unrelenting ability to make beautiful shots with this new tone. Throw in some Snyder kick-assery and utter destruction on an epic scale and this could be hands down the best CBM.

ppl understand, and they know what a teaser is. they are just impatient and have needs to complain about stuffs.

Anyone who were expecting more from a teaser were fooling themselves, because teasers are always like this. the first full trailer will be released with Hobbit, and they will get more footage.

Wait a second -- are there two versions of the trailer attached in theaters? One seems to include Costner's voice over and the other seems to include Crowe's voice over?

from a marketing standpoint, i think this teaser is an epic fail. The general audience needs to know this is a kick-ass superman. It needs to be epic and somber at the same time, much like the batman movies are, but the general audience needs to be sold on superman finally kicking some ass. This doesn't do anything in that respect.

From my personal viewing pleasure standpoint, i love this as a teaser. I already know superman is going to kick ass. What i want to know about is the tone/look of the film. And i absolutely love this ultra-realism/terence malick feel of this movie. It is very un-snyder like in the tone. I actually love snyder as a director because of visuals, so what makes me excited is to see how snyder can bring his unrelenting ability to make beautiful shots with this new tone. Throw in some snyder kick-assery and utter destruction on an epic scale and this could be hands down the best cbm.

the first trailer will be more footage and we see superman in action,this is only a teaser....

From a marketing standpoint, I think this teaser is an epic fail. The general audience needs to know this is a kick-ass Superman. It needs to be epic and somber at the same time, much like the Batman movies are, but the general audience needs to be sold on Superman finally kicking some ass. This doesn't do anything in that respect.

From my personal viewing pleasure standpoint, I love this as a teaser. I already know Superman is going to kick ass. What I want to know about is the tone/look of the film. And I absolutely love this ultra-realism/Terence Malick feel of this movie. It is VERY un-Snyder like in the tone. I actually love Snyder as a director because of visuals, so what makes me excited is to see how Snyder can bring his unrelenting ability to make beautiful shots with this new tone. Throw in some Snyder kick-assery and utter destruction on an epic scale and this could be hands down the best CBM.

Wait a second -- are there two versions of the trailer attached in theaters? One seems to include Costner's voice over and the other seems to include Crowe's voice over?
When I wrote this I didn't realize there were two versions. The Crowe version is much better. It makes it feel much more epic and commercial.

yes i feel the crowe one is more powerful solely due to the dialogue and delivery of crowe

Plus, i`m pretty sure that line is ripped straight out of All-Star Superman. It is very similar. Both have the "join you in the sun" thing.

I thought the teaser was great and the real full trailer is gonna blow everyone away in dec.

Plus, I would expect a lot of secrecy surrounding this project given the Nolan treatment with Batman.

Plus, I would expect a lot of secrecy surrounding this project given the Nolan treatment with Batman.
Nolan has been off this project for a long time. With the public is still remembering the underwhelming Superman Returns, it would be in the best interest of Warner Brothers (who needs a new blockbuster franchise) to market this as the next big thing.

Not a movie about crabbing in Alaska.

Nolan has been off this project for a long time. With the public is still remembering the underwhelming Superman Returns, it would be in the best interest of Warner Brothers (who needs a new blockbuster franchise) to market this as the next big thing.

Not a movie about crabbing in Alaska.

I'd love to see a movie about that.

i think the objective of this particular teaser trailer is to get the general audience curious as to what the movie is about...because, until the last few seconds, you could have no idea what the movie is...and then BAM. oh yeah, it's Superman, betchez. GET READY.

we have nearly a year before the movie releases, people. think logically and realize that there will be more marketing, and, yes, that means more trailers with footage of more action and everything we want.

goodness gracious. everyone and their instant gratification.

so what makes me excited is to see how Snyder can bring his unrelenting ability to make beautiful shots with this new tone. Throw in some Snyder kick-assery and utter destruction on an epic scale and this could be hands down the best CBM.

I'm curious about that mixture as well.

I don't think the teaser had any other purpose but to inform audiences that there is a new Superman movie coming out. Not to pique anyone's interest or make anyone curious. It was just to say, "hey guys we have a new Superman movie coming out.". That's all...

I know it'l never happen but it'd be great if we got the Comic Con footage between now and the next trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"