Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're gonna have to do something else than just the typical flying shot. It's just stale. They have to really top it if that's the sort of end shot they're going for.

I say save the shirt rip for that shot. An epic shot without FX or big scenery.

If Snyder cannot provide some cool looking flying shots then I don't know who can.

What about the final scene being the first time we see Clark actually working in the DP. You only see him from behind, but see his name on his desk

You hear Perry roar about an *insert massive newsworthy story happening in...*, still from behind Clark you see him enter an empty room, see his hand move to his face, and zoom in to him putting glasses down. Immediate next scene you see Superman shooting off the DP roof past the globe...

But if he's walking around on the street before he gets his glasses ppl probably wouldn't recognise him think how many faces u see in a day you don't remember all of them and for all we know the people of Metropolis will even see his face clearly.

Superman is meant to Stand out at 6,3 225 dark hair and dreamy blue eyes. Realistically Clark should stand out and be noticed more because his handsome. Of course in the world of fiction you can always play it differently.

Superman is meant to stand out because he can fly, throw cars and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

Superman is meant to stand out because he can fly, throw cars and shoot lasers out of his eyes.

:huh: Yeah except I was talking about physically, notice how everyone comments on his size and its not because "he can fly, throw cars and shoot lasers out of his eyes". Its simply the fact his a big guy, he stands out hence big blue boy scout.

As for the ending, I was thinking that they could take inspiration from Batman Begins and Superman: Secret Origins.

We could have Superman talking to Lois on top of the Daily Planet about how he inspired people and changed things, but that there is more corruption to combat (hint to Lex Luthor). The scene should be handled carefully so that the audience can feel the strong chemistry between Superman and Lois. Then as the final shot, Superman gracefully flies over Metropolis while people look up to the sky with renewed hope in the darkest places.

:huh: Yeah except I was talking about physically, notice how everyone comments on his size and its not because "he can fly, throw cars and shoot lasers out of his eyes". Its simply the fact his a big guy, he stands out hence big blue boy scout.

Not really. Henry is 6' foot and in normal clothes you can't tell that he is that big eg, the real world example of everyone being disappointed with his size at 2011 SDCC one week before the whole Superman physique reveal. The only thing that is remarkable about Henry is that he is quite handsome.

Not really. Henry is 6' foot and in normal clothes you can't tell that he is that big eg, the real world example of everyone being disappointed with his size at 2011 SDCC one week before the whole Superman physique reveal. The only thing that is remarkable about Henry is that he is quite handsome.

:doh: I am talking about Superman not Henry Cavill, you know the guy Cavill is playing. Unless things have been rectoned and Superman is now 6,0 as opposed to 6,3.

We aren't talking about regular Superman. We're talking about the Superman that will appear in Man of Steel. Who is played by Henry Cavill. Who is 6'.

*gasp*

is there really that much of a difference between 6'0" and 6'3"?

comic book sizes and proportions are always a bit exaggerated..........

6'0" is plenty tall..........

It's the difference between just shade above average height, and quite a bit above average height. That's about it.

We aren't talking about regular Superman. We're talking about the Superman that will appear in Man of Steel. Who is played by Henry Cavill. Who is 6'.

*gasp*

what you don't think he will be made to look taller? That he will simply be left to look like a 6ft tall guy?

is there really that much of a difference between 6'0" and 6'3"?

comic book sizes and proportions are always a bit exaggerated..........

6'0" is plenty tall..........

Cavill's height on many sites is given at 6'1". (it could be a little less by a centimeter.)

I don't think the ending scene really needs to be epic, I honestly wouldn't mind the scene with the dialogue between Superman and Lois when Superman says "My father believed that if the world...." speech. I think that might be kinda cool.

They're gonna have to do something else than just the typical flying shot. It's just stale. They have to really top it if that's the sort of end shot they're going for.

I say save the shirt rip for that shot. An epic shot without FX or big scenery.

Agree. Let's move away from the signature closing and come up with a new idea.

kind of an after credit thing for JL. *IF* they must make it, then they might as well set up some type of villain for it in MOS.

....after the camera leaves clark/superman, whatever, at the end, it flies through space, passing all the planets in our solar system and then on even farther.
Faster and faster it goes, flying past alien solar systems and stars until it finally slows before a planet that appears to be on fire.

The camera soars down toward the atmosphere and through thick black smoke.
It then flies above the surface, dodging flames that are shooting up from out of the ground. It stops before a massive fortress that stretches on for miles and miles.

The camera glides along a wall until it reaches a window, it glides through it and into a gigantic room. There, sitting on a throne in the middle of it is a figure in shadow.
We can't make out any details about him, just that he is huge. He looks up and we see two glowing red eyes in the darkness....

We hear footsteps approach the throne and a quirvering voice speaks. ''Master, we have found him, one of the probes located him on a Planet called Earth.''
The Dark figure remains silent for a moment, then responds in a deep frightening voice. ''Prepare the invasion''.

Now we see that what we thought was just a camera shot of some flying through space for we the viewer, was actually a probe sent to locate Kal-el. What we saw was the P.O.V. from the probe.

Last edited:
I like that. Only thing is people may assume it's for a Superman sequel.

Thanx.
true, and it kinda sorta would be. I mean folks would be going to see superman and batman mainly, and to a lesser extent WW, Flash, etc.
No disrespect to Flash or WW fans meant.

There shouldn't be any sequel hooks or direct references to superheroes.

If anything, an appearance by Lex Luthor.

what you don't think he will be made to look taller? That he will simply be left to look like a 6ft tall guy?

Yes. In the same way Christian Bale wasn't made to look like he was 6'2.

Superman is not defined by being above average height. He's not Bane or Doomsday.

Yes. In the same way Christian Bale wasn't made to look like he was 6'2.

Superman is not defined by being above average height. He's not Bane or Doomsday.

Agreed. Superman's height even looks quite average in the present Action Comics.

As for the ending, I was thinking that they could take inspiration from Batman Begins and Superman: Secret Origins.

We could have Superman talking to Lois on top of the Daily Planet about how he inspired people and changed things, but that there is more corruption to combat (hint to Lex Luthor). The scene should be handled carefully so that the audience can feel the strong chemistry between Superman and Lois. Then as the final shot, Superman gracefully flies over Metropolis while people look up to the sky with renewed hope in the darkest places.

I'd rather the film end with Lois doing a voice over monologue (essentially reading the conclusion to whatever story she writes describing the events in the film)

[YT]38EDhpxzn2g[/YT]

something like the last 45 seconds of this clip from 2010. I think the whole revelation of extraterrestrial life should play heavily.

Well we don't need zod looking down at superman when they come face to face.It wouldn't look right.Michael shannon is about 6-4.Zod and superman should be about the same height and weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"