Man Of Steel Soars @ Comic Con - Part 3

See my earlier post. I would have never believed it had I not seen it with my own eyes.

Once in my life I seen a girl who was 5'10 whip the **** out of a dude who was 5'5. She had at lest 30 pounds on him and she whipped his ass

I don't know where your from but where I am from 5'5 is not average, hope you helped the poor bloke.

5'5 - 5'7 seems pretty average in CA. I am from CA.

LOLOLOL...no I didn't help the dude. He talked so much **** that he deserved what he got. It was outside the auditorium of my HS. I will NEVER forget it.

.. Sorry to go of topic guys anyway wow Superman.

Haha, I like the attempt at getting back onto topic.

I don't think this is something which needs to be debated too much, you can bet that a fight between Supes and Faora won't fall into any sexist trappings, the writers would have been very conscious of it I'm sure.

I really don't see it being an issue during the film. It's like this fight between him and Wonder Women from For Tomorrow. Why is it that we don't look at this picture and proclaim 'holy ****, Superman is beating up a woman, not cool!'

superman_vs._wonder_woman.jpg

It's because they're portrayed as equals. If Superman beats WW in a fight, its not because she has boobs.
And at no point will we think it in MoS, because it won't be presented as man versus woman. Instead, what we'll be watching is two super powered beings turning Smallville into a war zone whilst fighting one another.

Also I just got excited typing that last sentence out. Is it 2013 yet?

I can't believe there's this much nonsense about "How could a superpowered woman beat up a superpowered man"?

The same way a regular woman could beat up a man. She knows how to fight better than he does, and has serious skill in the matter.

One of the great elements of JJ Abrams SUPERMAN script was that when the Kryptonians arrived on Earth, Superman got his ass handed to him because, while he was strong and fast, they were as well AND they knew "Kryptonian martial arts". In other words, how to fight, and they were veteran warriors, while he was a rookie. I'm guessing we may see something similar in MAN OF STEEL. Which would make perfect sense. Because he'd have to find a way to defeat them without just brute strength, which makes for interesting conflict/resolution.

From the rumors, it sounds like that's what'll happen. Superman gets his handed to him and needs to outsmart Zod into defeat.

I can't believe there's this much nonsense about "How could a superpowered woman beat up a superpowered man"?

The same way a regular woman could beat up a man. She knows how to fight better than he does, and has serious skill in the matter.

One of the great elements of JJ Abrams SUPERMAN script was that when the Kryptonians arrived on Earth, Superman got his ass handed to him because, while he was strong and fast, they were as well AND they knew "Kryptonian martial arts". In other words, how to fight, and they were veteran warriors, while he was a rookie. I'm guessing we may see something similar in MAN OF STEEL. Which would make perfect sense. Because he'd have to find a way to defeat them without just brute strength, which makes for interesting conflict/resolution.

It's also a comic book movie. Lord knows even ordinary women are depicted as being major ass-kickers (just see Catwoman or BW), so there's no reason why a woman with actual superpowers can't be.

I don't like seeing a woman getting hit by a guy, leaves a bad taste in the mouth even if it's justified. And I DO acknowledge it can be justified, even more so in a comic book environment where the woman can physically be superior. I still don't like seeing it. Won't apologise for it either, just how I am.

That seems like a sexist way to look at it... its not like he's abusing Lois or something. He needs to defend himself because his life hangs on the line, as well as the humans that Faora's presence threatens. What's he supposed to do, wait for Wonder Woman to swoop in and handle the fight for him? If it was that way, female villains would always get a pass from male heroes in future movies, whereas on the other hand it will be perfectly fine for heroines like WW to beat the hell out of men. See how that system doesn't work? I'd understand if he doesn't want to fight a fellow Kryptonian at first, but he needs to start fighting her back eventually.

I'm just being a gentlemen lol....wasn't my intention to sound sexist...and I didn't say he wouldn't return the favor.....I mean maybe at first he doesnt strike her, hence the beating he receives.....oh and I lol at the wonder woman reference lol, nice one :)

I don't like seeing a woman getting hit by a guy, leaves a bad taste in the mouth even if it's justified. And I DO acknowledge it can be justified, even more so in a comic book environment where the woman can physically be superior. I still don't like seeing it. Won't apologise for it either, just how I am.

I should of just quoted you before I posted my comment....that's how I feel to, but I understand other side of this argument as well

A woman getting her ass kicked onscreen would be a welcome change in action movies. It happens far too seldom and would make a nice addition to MOS. Supes doesnt have to swing at her, although he could do that as well, so I think he might just settle for an alternative way of bringing her down. But if he's gotta fight dirty then so be it. I'd have absolutely no problem seeing a girl being punched bloody. It's just a film and Faora sounds like she could need it.

A woman getting her ass kicked onscreen would be a welcome change in action movies. It happens far too seldom and would make a nice addition to MOS. Supes doesnt have to swing at her, although he could do that as well, so I think he might just settle for an alternative way of bringing her down. But if he's gotta fight dirty then so be it. I'd have absolutely no problem seeing a girl being punched bloody. It's just a film and Faora sounds like she could need it.

Definitely if Supes gets a beatdown from her then he should be allowed to give her a beatdown back in my opinion and as you say there are different ways for Superman to fight without swinging for her.

Well I can pretty much guarantee this is a load of crap... Zach said at comic con he wanted to take superman off his big blue boyscout throne, and make him to were he can "beat the **** outta people"... Not get the **** beat out of him bye a woman!
He wants to make Superman a badass, not a lil ***** that gets his ass beat by a girl!

Could you take her down? Even if she didn't have powers?

Definitely if Supes gets a beatdown from her then he should be allowed to give her a beatdown back in my opinion and as you say there are different ways for Superman to fight without swinging for her.

This.

Yeah, maybe things like a palm to the chest to send her flying into/through a wall or something.

while there are some women who can beat up some men, the vast majority cannot. thats just the way it is.
I think faora will be one of the exceptions tho. while supes will probably be the stronger, she will most likely be trained in hand to hand combat, while supes will relay on brute strength and basiclly just street fighting skills. she will get the best of him in the first encounter.

in the end, if your life or the lives of others are at risk, gender no longer matters. a threat is a threat, and it must be stopped regardless of gender.

If batman can beat up Catwoman like in Batman Returns... Superman can certainly go fist to cuffs with a demon woman with Wonder Woman strength lol. Hell, Supes and WW used to fight all the time before the New 52.

If batman can beat up Catwoman like in Batman Returns... Superman can certainly go fist to cuffs with a demon woman with Wonder Woman strength lol. Hell, Supes and WW used to fight all the time before the New 52.

"Eat floor" SORRY couldn't resist the temptation to quote hehe

All I gotta say about this absolute stupid discussion is there is a reason why men (and not women) are put on the front lines of every war known to the history of man.

For example, 339 women died in the Iraq war, but almost all died from influenza and/or vehicle and aircraft accidents. While 4,486 Men died in the war, most from bombs or transfer fire from the enemy. Nuff said

On a serious comic book note...

I see nothing wrong with Faora kicking the crap out of Sups, and from what I have heard from some close friends, its absolutley true. Its fiction, we are talking about Aliens from another planet, women kick mens asses on other planets, women can't do it on this Planet, so people make up stories to where/how it can happen on others.

Last edited:
...will MOS be at NY ComiCon Friday?

It doesn't look like it. It seems as though it's just going to involve Superman in the comics. :csad:

From SupermanHomePage....

DC Entertainment has released their schedule of events for New York Comic Con, taking place across October 11-14, which will include "major, game-changing" news announcements about the Superman family of comic book titles.
DC Entertainment - the industry leader in print and digital comics - will raise fan excitement to record-breaking levels with a number of announcements, creator signings, panels and celebrity appearances at New York Comic-Con. The impressive lineup of DC Entertainment activities takes place October 11-14 and cements New York Comic-Con's position as one of the can't-miss pop culture events of the year.
DC Entertainment will also debut its new, fully interactive booth experience at New York Comic-Con. First revealed at San Diego Comic-Con earlier this year, the state-of-the-art booth includes a demo area where fans can experience digital comic book reading on the iPad, Nook and Kindle and a green screen that will allow attendees to pose next to some of their favorite Super-Villains. Fans will also be able to purchase exclusive merchandise at the DC Entertainment booth for the first time, including top titles and a wide selection of DC Collectibles product.

DC Entertainment can be found at booth #1238.

Con-goers and panel attendees will be treated to major, game-changing news announcements affecting the Man of Steel and the entire SUPERMAN family of titles.

DC Entertainment's New York Comic-Con 2012 panel schedule includes the following panels Superman fans may want to attend:
Thursday, October 11:
5:00-6:00pm - DC Collectibles
6:30-7:30pm - DC Comics - THE NEW 52: Superman
Saturday, October 13:
1:30-2:30pm - DC Comics - THE NEW 52
5:15-6:15pm - DC Comics: Justice League
Sunday, October 14:
11:00am-12:00pm - DC Entertainment: Meet the Co-Publishers

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/news.php?readmore=11961

I wrote an article on Man of Steel a while ago about the whole glasses issue and whether Man of Steel could work without them. I know the Comic Con trailer appears to have confirmed the spectacles but here's the article I wrote:

http://justicebulletin.com/articles/glasses-or-no-glasses-in-man-of-steel/
Well I expect Nolan to come home with a good explanation for why no one recongnises supes.lets be honest the comic book reasons fall flat.My theory is that is that it turns out the Alien nature of the Superman suit causes to be so mesmerising to humans that they cant recongnise the face behind the suit.Simple sweet

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"