Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Yeah, I showed it to a friend of mine who wasn't interested in this movie AT ALL and he thought it looked epic. Also showed it to my dad (who pretty much doesn't like a movie unless it's wall-to-wall action) and he thought it looked awesome.

Yeah, I showed it to a friend of mine who wasn't interested in this movie AT ALL and he thought it looked epic. Also showed it to my dad (who pretty much doesn't like a movie unless it's wall-to-wall action) and he thought it looked awesome.

:up: awesome, this us why I'm more confident about the box office than before people who weren't interested are having their heads turned by the trailer.

My lil bro sadly wasnt impressed when I showed him the Trailer.He liked the Comicon trailer better.Howver hed is interested in the movie due to Nolan(loves Batman) and Snyder(loves 300).He id say Superman looked cool though but ships destroying a city is hardly anything new on screen for him.He asked me the same thing as i asked before.When are we going to see Superman do cool stuff

Last edited:
My lil bro sadly wasnt impressed when I showed him the Trailer.He liked the Comicon trailer better.Howver hed is interested in the movie due to Nolan(loves Batman) and Snyder(loves 300).He id say Superman looked cool though but ships destroying a city is hardly anything new on screen for him.He asked me the same thing as i asked before.When are we going to see Superman do cool stuff

Maybe had he not seen the Con trailer he'd have been more impressed with it.

Maybe had he not seen the Con trailer he'd have been more impressed with it.

Not really.His main complaints were that the the flight scene cgi seemed fake and that we didnt see Superman do anything at all-except look awesome.But hes being patient largely because of the Snyder and Nolan.

All the bad reactions, well not really bad, but all the somewhat bad reactions have all been nitpicking.

It seem to dark.

superman not really in action.

kent saying maybe to clark.

And so on.Nothing but nitpicking.

All the bad reactions, well not really bad, but all the somewhat bad reactions have all been nitpicking.

It seem to dark.

superman not really in action.

kent saying maybe to clark.

And so on.Nothing but nitpicking.

Even though I personally understand why J.Kent said, "maybe" to Clark, I think it was a bad idea to have him do so. Going forward, it will often be compared to the infamous line (from Batman Begins), "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you." Mark my words. My hope is that Kent's response was taken out of context specifically because some of the dialogue was truncated for the trailer.

It's not a major deal, but, it's something that could have been avoided.

Not really.His main complaints were that the the flight scene cgi seemed fake and that we didnt see Superman do anything at all-except look awesome.But hes being patient largely because of the Snyder and Nolan.

It's clearly not finished CGI though most films that use CGI release trailers with it unfinished.

Even though I personally understand why J.Kent said, "maybe" to Clark, I think it was a bad idea to have him do so. Going forward, it will often be compared to the infamous line (from Batman Begins), "I won't kill you, but I don't have to save you." Mark my words. My hope is that Kent's response was taken out of context specifically because some of the dialogue was truncated for the trailer.

It's not a major deal, but, it's something that could have been avoided.
I don't have a problem with it.I thought it was good.

I think the controversy of it might make people look at the film myself.

Yeah the biggest complaints so far have been Jonathan's line and not having enough action for the "action every 2 seconds" idiots.

Couldn't get a gauge since there frankly weren't that many in attendance. The Hobbit is not doing well...

Yeah the biggest complaints so far have been Jonathan's line and not having enough action for the "action every 2 seconds" idiots.

See I don't get the action complaints to it, it shows you with the final montage that there's gonna be plenty if action, I mean yeah we haven't seen Superman punch someone but we don't want a SRs situation where all the action scenes are in the trailer. I though the MOS trailer did a great job of showing you plenty but not really showing you anything.

It's clearly not finished CGI though most films that use CGI release trailers with it unfinished.

Yeah, but based on the original timeline of release. More of the effects should be close to finish than normal right? So I'm not going to expect to see a huge jump like most trailers.

They probably just chose not to show it.

Yeah, but based on the original timeline of release. More of the effects should be close to finish than normal right? So I'm not going to expect to see a huge jump like most trailers.

So you think that trailer may have been cut for a while? Before they'd finished on particular scenes that are in the trailer?

Last edited:
I don't have a problem with it.I thought it was good.

I don't either. I think it makes Kent look more human, which suits the realism aspect they're going for. I just hope it isn't something that's repeatedly nitpicked about the film, as people are already starting to complain. I suppose that kind of thing can't be avoided anyhow though.

According to Nolan, there's still a ton of post work to be done. Forget about the original release date. It has no bearing on when they're actually going to be finished now. 5 months is a long time and you'd better believe they're going to use every last minute to finish it.

Regarding the "maybe" "controversy", it's a non issue to general audiences. That is purely a fanboy boy gripe.

this Hobbit crap is lame...I see nothing interesting in a bunch of midgets walking and slapping each other over a ring

this Hobbit crap is lame...I see nothing interesting in a bunch of midgets walking and slapping each other over a ring

It's not over a ring at all, it's about regaining their Kingdom from a Dragon called Smaug. Btw I wasn't a fan it Lord if the Rings but u was taken aback by the Hobbit, it was a great film, one of the best cinema experiences I've ever had.

According to Nolan, there's still a ton of post work to be done. Forget about the original release date. It has no bearing on when they're actually going to be finished now. 5 months is a long time and you'd better believe they're going to use every last minute to finish it.

Post work is a lot of different things(Sound, editing, looping). So yeah, they don't have a gun on their heads to finish but I don't think they're going to wait til the last minute on effects just because they have time to twiddle their thumbs.

Effects houses have to get their next jobs lined up as well.

Besides. Nolans are notorious liars. lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"