Man Of Steel Trailer Crowd Reactions Thread

Anyone that takes issue with him saying "maybe" is just too dense to understand what's going on. His body language clearly indicates that he's uncomfortable with what he's saying -- that he doesn't even want to say it. He's torn between protecting his son and his son being a protector of others. That's a real reaction, an honest one. It's not a comic book reaction, and it makes it a helluva lot better movie.

Agreed.

hopefully it gonna shows with Les Miserable. I’m gonna watch it this weekend.

If anyone wants to know the reactions of the public, why don't you guys just look at the number of likes and dis-likes on WB's Official MOS Trailer on Youtube? Its a huge hit, went Viral and has everyone talking. There are sooo many Newbie questions in the YouTube comments, it's just crazy.

The MOS Official Vid as of right now has over 20 Million views, has 80,258 "LIKES" compared to 3,811 "Dis-Likes", and keep in mind that the vast "VAST" majority of this feedback is coming from non-biased nutural members of the GP.

To brake it down, this means for every 21 people who watch the trailer, only 1 person dislikes it. Or... For every 84 people who watch it, less then 4 people dislike it. Thats incredible for a trailer! Almost 97% of the General Public is giving MOS a thumbs up! They are obviously intrigued and or excited from what they saw.

Compare the MOS trailer to say... The Amazing Spiderman Official Trailer, and its not even fair! TASM has over 20 Million views, about the same as MOS, and has 28,415 "LIKES", compared to 4,122 "DisLikes"!!! So it has almost 3 times less likes and about 300 more Dislikes then MOS! And that trailer been up for 10 MONTHS!!!

This just shows how excited, interested, intrigued people are about this Trailer.

I also remember about 2 weeks after TDKR Official Trailer was released, it was at just over 17 Million Views, MOS trailer beat that many views already in less then a week. Don't ask me whats going on, but people are talking about it.

When I showed up at my Business a couple days back I asked my employee's if they have seen the new MOS trailer yet, and everyone of them but 1 told me yes, and there were about 7 people working that day. One employee told me all his friends were talking about it just the day before, with all good things to say.

The numbers speak for themselves, it's incredible how much attention this trailer is getting, and its also incredible how much good press the trailer is getting aswell! Lets just all site back, enjoy the ride, and impatiently wait for June 14th to arrive.

:)

Last edited:
Depending on the final trailer I'd say MOS is on the right path to earn some serious dough next June. Which of course is great in itself, but fantastic sequel-wise.

If anyone wants to know the reactions of the public, why don't you guys just look at the number of likes and dis-likes on WB's Official MOS Trailer on Youtube? Its a huge hit, went Viral and has everyone talking. There are sooo many Newbie questions in the YouTube comments, it's just crazy.

The MOS Official Vid as of right now has over 20 Million views, has 80,258 "LIKES" compared to 3,811 "Dis-Likes", and keep in mind that the vast "VAST" majority of this feedback is coming from non-biased nutural members of the GP.

To brake it down, this means for every 21 people who watch the trailer, only 1 person dislikes it. Or... For every 84 people who watch it, less then 4 people dislike it. Thats incredible for a trailer! Almost 97% of the General Public is giving MOS a thumbs up! They are obviously intrigued and or excited from what they saw.

Compare the MOS trailer to say... The Amazing Spiderman Official Trailer, and its not even fair! TASM has over 20 Million views, about the same as MOS, and has 28,415 "LIKES", compared to 4,122 "DisLikes"!!! So it has almost 3 times less likes and about 300 more Dislikes then MOS! And that trailer been up for 10 MONTHS!!!

This just shows how excited, interested, intrigued people are about this Trailer.

I also remember about 2 weeks after TDKR Official Trailer was released, it was at just over 17 Million Views, MOS trailer beat that many views already in less then a week. Don't ask me whats going on, but people are talking about it.

When I showed up at my Business a couple days back I asked my employee's if they have seen the new MOS trailer yet, and everyone of them but 1 told me yes, and there were about 7 people working that day. One employee told me all his friends were talking about it just the day before, with all good things to say.

The numbers speak for themselves, it's incredible how much attention this trailer is getting, and its also incredible how much good press the trailer is getting aswell! Lets just all site back, enjoy the ride, and impatiently wait for June 14th to arrive.

but one poster said you can't base on the youtube viewing as he put up the scott pilgrim vs the world as example.

My girl friends said cavill isn't as good looking as brandon as superman. They have no comment on the trailer. :(

They obviously prefer the boyish look as opposed to that manly thing Cavill has going for him. The beard and chest hair probably is of putting to the metro loving women of today. Guys with chest hair get no love these days, cant even take of your top on a beach without some tanned bimbo barfing in a corner.

but one poster said you can't base on the youtube viewing as he put up the scott pilgrim vs the world as example.

One poster? Really??? Who is this poster? And what are the results of this posters findings?

How in the WORLD can someone compare "Scott Pilgrim vs the World" to such an iconic figure as in "Superman"!? Seriously? What a joke comparing such films/trailers as evidence of anything! Your talking about a film that cost only 85 million to make in which there was barely any serious marketing involved, compared to a blockbuster in Sups which cost almost 200 Million in which WB is gonna market the crap out of!!! Really?

All I can say is use your common sense as I do. And as "Rush" stated, MOS is in a great spot to make some serious dough, maybe more then any one of us previously thought. The results of talk and how crazy viral this trailer has went speaks for itself.

You can't be serious?!

Last edited:

:huh: What a weird example. Considering that it's trailer doesn't even have 2 million views (the highest viewed SPVTW video is a music video with less than 7 million views).

Now don't get me wrong. Trailer view count on YT is no indication of a movies success. Even though I'd guess most movies with over 20 mil. trailer views have been successful - but those with much less as well. Let's just say that, IM3 is not going to outgross Avatar, or The Avengers, just because it has a higher view count.

It does however indicate interest. (The first full Avengers trailer didn't get so many views in a year) Interest and hype. The interest and reaction has been pretty much as good one could hope for, for an extended teaser trailer, which is what I consider the MOS trailer #2 to be. Green Lanterns first full trailer got no hype, not even 5 million views in all this time and most of the GA who have seen it have laughed at it.

Another fun fact; MOS had more tweets in it's first 24 hours of the trailer debut than TDKR did last year.

I personally have underestimated the drawing power of such a pop-culture icon such as Superman. For too long I have been listening how he has huge hurdles to overcome with the GA, how there is little interest in Superman and how he is not even close in movie popularity to the likes of Batman, Spider-Man and even Iron Man. Now this may be true, but the other points have been grossly exaggerated for too long and I fell in the trap of that. People like Superman and they want to see a GOOD Superman movie.

Also, the various misconceptions that Superman has to overcome? One measly trailer already took care of that for millions of people. I lost count of how many posts I saw from people who never liked him and are now interested. People are saying Superman looks awesome, interesting and most human he ever did - i.e. relatable.

Signs are good, however, the ball is now in WB's court. It will be interesting to observe what they do in these last 6 months to build on this hype. Trailer #3 will be very important.

Like it or not, they have to win over the Transformers and The Avengers crowd with that one. It's funny how in pre-production all Snyder kept saying is how Superman has to kick ass and we've seen none of that. But that was smart. However, the gloves must come off in the final trailer.

Also, Zod. Show Shannon go crazy will be enough to create hype for the villain. And show some fun. A 10 second scene that makes the viewer/audience laugh can go a long way. Since the main two complaints (in the minority compared to the majority of positive reactions though) are that the film looks too drab and that Superman only looks awesome but doesn't do anything awesome. Other than the take-off. It's funny, even after all the flying we've already seen in movies, people still get excited over Superman taking flight.

I think this film will be successful no matter what. A 500 million WW should be a lock at this point. And im being a realist now (although I'm sure someone will claim this to be fanboy dreams...). Anything else is a bonus. But I do believe that a kick-ass final trailer and strong marketing in the last 4-5 months can achieve surprising success.

All this assuming the movie turns out as good as it looks of course.

:huh: What a weird example. Considering that it's trailer doesn't even have 2 million views (the highest viewed SPVTW video is a music video with less than 7 million views).

Now don't get me wrong. Trailer view count on YT is no indication of a movies success. Even though I'd guess most movies with over 20 mil. trailer views have been successful - but those with much less as well. Let's just say that, IM3 is not going to outgross Avatar, or The Avengers, just because it has a higher view count.

It does however indicate interest. (The first full Avengers trailer didn't get so many views in a year) Interest and hype. The interest and reaction has been pretty much as good one could hope for, for an extended teaser trailer, which is what I consider the MOS trailer #2 to be. Green Lanterns first full trailer got no hype, not even 5 million views in all this time and most of the GA who have seen it have laughed at it.

Another fun fact; MOS had more tweets in it's first 24 hours of the trailer debut than TDKR did last year.

I personally have underestimated the drawing power of such a pop-culture icon such as Superman. For too long I have been listening how he has huge hurdles to overcome with the GA, how there is little interest in Superman and how he is not even close in movie popularity to the likes of Batman, Spider-Man and even Iron Man. Now this may be true, but the other points have been grossly exaggerated for too long and I fell in the trap of that. People like Superman and they want to see a GOOD Superman movie.

Also, the various misconceptions that Superman has to overcome? One measly trailer already took care of that for millions of people. I lost count of how many posts I saw from people who never liked him and are now interested. People are saying Superman looks awesome, interesting and most human he ever did - i.e. relatable.

Signs are good, however, the ball is now in WB's court. It will be interesting to observe what they do in these last 6 months to build on this hype. Trailer #3 will be very important.

Like it or not, they have to win over the Transformers and The Avengers crowd with that one. It's funny how in pre-production all Snyder kept saying is how Superman has to kick ass and we've seen none of that. But that was smart. However, the gloves must come off in the final trailer.

Also, Zod. Show Shannon go crazy will be enough to create hype for the villain. And show some fun. A 10 second scene that makes the viewer/audience laugh can go a long way. Since the main two complaints (in the minority compared to the majority of positive reactions though) are that the film looks too drab and that Superman only looks awesome but doesn't do anything awesome. Other than the take-off. It's funny, even after all the flying we've already seen in movies, people still get excited over Superman taking flight.

I think this film will be successful no matter what. A 500 million WW should be a lock at this point. And im being a realist now (although I'm sure someone will claim this to be fanboy dreams...). Anything else is a bonus. But I do believe that a kick-ass final trailer and strong marketing in the last 4-5 months can achieve surprising success.

All this assuming the movie turns out as good as it looks of course.

Agree. You explained it perfectly! I edited my post, go back and read it... 2 post up from yours. :)

Great POST!!!

It caught people's attention, that's for sure. This can only be a good thing.

Agree with every word. I'm actually starting to think now that it's really only the nerds where this whole 'Anti-Superman' perception has come from.

But it ultimately comes down to MOS being a good film. If it wants to have legs at the BO never underestimate strong word of mouth. It's gonna need it if it doesn't want to get forgotten behind a sequel to a VERY successful Pixar movie in it's 2nd week of release. Scratch 'good'. I kinda think MOS has to be a 'great' film. And I'm positive it will be.

The truth is that the GA will recognize quality. Doesn't matter who's in it. If it's Roger Rabbit or Howard the Duck. If it's a great film people will know.

The great reactions to the trailer prove one thing-people want a good superman movie.His icon status has a lot of good will.What the Mos trailer simply did was to prsent Superman without the things that turn the public off the character and of course the Public was more than happy to jump on it.BUT dont let that fool you though.The movie has to be good otherwise.....well lets not think about that

Last edited:
Depending on the final trailer I'd say MOS is on the right path to earn some serious dough next June. Which of course is great in itself, but fantastic sequel-wise.

That's why I was never worried about the June spot. If the movie looks good, then people will turn up in droves to see it regardless of being released in June. It really is that simple.

I'm very curious about how much this film will make it's opening weekend.

Ditto, man.. ditto.

I really hope it has a massive opening week

]The great reactions to the trailer prove one thing-people want a good superman movie.His icon status has a lot of good will.What the Mos trailer simply did was to prsent Superman without the things that turn the public off the character and of course the Public was more than happy to jump on it.[/U]BUT dont let that fool you though.The movie has to be good otherwise.....well lets not think about that

Very well said, Zionite.

My post from the Rate the Man of Steel Trailer Thread:

I asked my 65 year old mother to watch this trailer. She doesn't really care for movies that much, let alone movies based on superheroes. She said she needs to watch this movie. I'm not trying to say anything about an entire section of the general audience or anything like that, just giving one person's reaction to the trailer and wanting to hear other non-fanboy reactions to the trailer.

I'm very curious about how much this film will make it's opening weekend.
I think a lot of that is definitely going to depend on how much the film is marketed. I'm not really talking viral marketing, because the general audience won't know/care about online viral marketing. At least, I don't think that the GA would be interested in participating in an online viral marketing campaign.

I think a lot of that is definitely going to depend on how much the film is marketed. I'm not really talking viral marketing, because the general audience won't know/care about online viral marketing. At least, I don't think that the GA would be interested in participating in an online viral marketing campaign.

I'd say they started very well. They just need to keep the momentum, releasing trailers of similar or superior quality along with some impressive footage.

I'd say they started very well. They just need to keep the momentum, releasing trailers of similar or superior quality along with some impressive footage.

Yep, I totally agree. Hopefully official pics start showing up in entertainment magazines. I also think it would not be a bad idea to have one of Entertainment Tonight set visits that they do. Hopefully they did one.

Yep, I totally agree. Hopefully official pics start showing up in entertainment magazines. I also think it would not be a bad idea to have one of Entertainment Tonight set visits that they do. Hopefully they did one.

That'll probably happen, unless they want to keep everything else ''top secret''.

Alright… Here GOES.

So, I saw the Hobbit the other night with my friend Knobby on Friday. Now being the wupped self he was, he brings with his Morbidly obese girlfriend. Knobby is sort of a quiet fellow you see, he hurt his knee in a Rugby game 4 years ago, and has not been them same since, even though he is about 6’5" and 300 pound man mountain. So, he’s been dating this complexion challenged Manatee for a while now. She’s like the Emperor from Star wars, but uglier due to the massive facial acne and dark whiskers growing out of a mole that might as well be a conjoined twin. Having her with us is painful. Its like seeing your friend having his gonads ruptured in slow motion by a leviathan from the Barrier.

So anyway, me and Knobby was all stuck in one of those "what do you wanna do?", "Dur I dunno, what do you wanna do?", convos, when I suggested we see a movie about midgets. Now, Knobby is a nice fellow, but he loves nothing more than giggling about "lil’ folks, so he was sold. That’s when Ursula the sea witch called him up and threatened to wither his soul or some **** if he did not drive over to her likely condemned dwelling place and pic her up.

We get there and load her in the side door, and after an impressive effort we got the vehicle to begin rolling. It was cold out, and the engine has some trouble, specially with the three of us heavyweights on board.

Now we get to the theatre, and there was this cute girl working the concessions, and to get her number I had to pretend to not be with Knobby, not because of him, but the creature from the Succubus lagoon.

So we load into the packed theatre, and found a spot for three near the highest railing in the theatre room. Got sorta dizzy looking down.

We see the other trailers and then finally, it is JUST THERE. The Man of Steel trailer in all its epicness. The Audience is Silent, and I just utter one little phrase. "I’m so glad they cast henry Cavill". That was all it took, and Ursula the sociopath Manatee stood her rottenness up, getting right in front of me, causing me to miss the trailer. It was like she was using her girth to blot out the sun. She screams in my face "**** YOU! YOU must have KNOWN I had a Crush on Brandon since the last one and its fan’s like YOU demanding a reboot that I’ll NEVER get a sequel!!!!" She now had the theatres entire attention, as she went insane on me. I was in shock, like a dear in headlights, not knowing what to say, and she reached forth her sausage like fingers and grabbed my throat, her bloated form starting to smoother me. I looked like a guy out on the surface of Mars with no air flailing in aggony beneath the Ogre's clutches.

I rolled my eyes toward Knobby who was in just as much shock seeing his wicked giantess girlfriend attempting to Murder his only reach Pal. She had already ruined the trailer for the whole theatre, the crazed fan attempting to crush my windpipe. She sneered at Knobby "Don’t you dare ****ing move or I swear I’ll dump you right here, leaving you forever and Incel!"

Then it happened. Knobby snapped like Darth Vader on the Emperor. With inhuman strength he hoisted the living mountain of zits into the air and cast her down over the railing. We could hear her frothing curses until she landed into what looked like a trash dumpster at the bottom. She likely survived and skulked away but its now over between her and Knobby.

I took him out to the lobby, and with his newfound confidence we went out clubbing, and he got numbers from 3 hot babes, all of whom agreed that Henry Cavill is sexy, when he showed them on his smart phone.

Later we snuck back into the theatre, and watched the trailer, uninterrupted by any sociopath SR fans. The whole theatre Cheered for a second time, and Knobby giggled in delight at the Hobbits. Particularly the heavy set fellow. It was a great night. One to be remembered in all Middle Earth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"