Marvel Heroclix

Cyclops

Avenger
Reaction score
Who gots some? I picked up my starter set today, and I must say, it's perhaps the coolest game idea I've ever seen.

My set came with

Rookie Wolverine
Rookie SHIELD Agent
Experienced Jean Grey
Experienced Wasp
Experienced Blizzard
Experienced Juggernaut
Experienced Firelord
Unique Nightmare

I'm going back tomorrow to grab some more figures. I'll tell you how my first game went out.

My team: Wolverine - Jean - Wasp - Blizzard
My sister: Nightmare
My brother: Firelord - SHIELD Agent

I had the big team full of weaklings. We were in the shopping mall setup. I manipulated Nightmare into taking out the SHIELD Agent, and began clobbering both him and Firelord long range with clutter lifted by telekenesis. Blizzard and Wasp took heavy hits, but after Jean pegegd Firelord down some, Blizzard was able to get some shots in. Wasp was KO'd. I kept Wolverine hiding in the bushes, due to his Stealth power, and Jean out of everybody's range, pelting them with stuff until it was all gone.

Firelord was flying too high, and out of my range. So, I told my sister the plan. I'd let Firelord take out Blizzard, while the rest of us hide in the mall. After he defeated Blizzard, he was forced to enter the mall if he wanted to win. So he did, but this dragged him into my range. Quickly, I used the last two objects to slam Nightmare and Firelord, weakening them. Then, Wolverine came into play, taking out Nightmare, and then Wolverine and Jean mobbed Firelord, escaping without a scratch.

A beautiful game, and the most fun I've had in the Marvel Universe since the X-Men Xavier's Under Siege board game.

Well, I can't use my figurine credit on the store, because the Heroclix haven't shown up in price guides. So I grabbed a booster pack.

My new guys:

Veteran Hercules
Veteran Annihilus
Veteran Skrull Warrior
Rookie Blizzard

I had another battle, this time one on one against my brother. 300 point max. value.

My Team: Annihilus - Wolverine - Juggernaut - Skrull Warrior
His Team: Jean Grey - Blizzard (Ex.) - Firelord - Wasp - SHIELD Agent - Hercules

The Battle: Outdoors street setting. The Battle began simple enough, I streamed off of the purple rooftop, and he swarmed the streets. He set himself up, Hercules grabbing hold of a desktop, Jean Grey setting herself up to telekenetically manipulate a forklift. But... he set himself up bad. Juggernaut, who is technically invulnerable, negated Herc's weapon, and clobbered him one. Annihilus, who can blast three guys at once, nailed Blizzard, Wasp, and Jean, while Wolverine took it easy hiding in the bushes, scoping the fight. The Combo of Annihilus and Skrull took out Wasp, Jean, and Blizzard, while Herc smashed the Skrull into oblivion. The SHIELD Agent hid on the far side of the board. Bad idea. Juggernaut kept at Hercules, hiding on the other side of him to stay away from Firelord's blasts. Heavy projectiles took Firelord down enough for Wolverine to cut him down, after nailing the SHIELD Agent. Then, it was a simple matter of Juggernaut and Wolverine pelting Hercules. Game over.

God, I love this game!

Hey Cyke... I play MtG... but I don't know this game... is it a card game like MtG? The MARVEL site has more info, I guess?

Originally posted by Spider-Gamer

Go here.

www.heroclix.com

:D

THANKS Spider-Gamer! Thats very helpful! :D

I was reading through that web site... very cool looking game... I think I may get the big set for my son and I to play when we go to the beach in a few weeks! :cool:

I collect them!:)
I like them. I have a lot of them including an Experienced Spider-Man!:D

I can't wait 'till they release Sentinel... good Lord, he's nearly seven inches tall, and a fully playable Heroclix character... :eek:

Then there'll be Outdoors and Indoors sets, with 3D objects and extra maps to play upon... Good Lord, why was this stuff never done with Marvel Heroes before?

The only problem was so many great characters were completely ignored... Iron Man... Storm... Abomination... The Leader... Venom... Dr. Doom... Thor... Loki... Silver Surfer... Ghost Rider...

The obscure characters, like Blizzard, Whirlwind, Mr. Hyde, etc. are definitely appreciated, but why so few heavy hitters?

Oh well. Series two, right?

I'd buy a set, but I'd probably be hard pressed to find someone to play with, because I'm the ONLY True Believer I know, but, hell, I'll probably buy one anyways, just because those figurines are really friggin' cool.

I would love to find another collector to play with, because the game is amazing!

I played my sister again today, so I'll give ya the lowdown.

My team: Annihilus - Juggernaut - Blizzard (Ex.) - Wolverine - SHIELD Agent

My sister: Nightmare - Hercules - Skrull Warrior - Wasp - Jean Grey

The Sitch: My toughest battle yet, in the shopping mall setting. The battle began with me desperately filing out of a small room, with my sister beginning in the main floor. Bringing Annihilus out, I try to nail the Skrull, but he shapeshifts away. I keep Blizzard and SHIELD together, due to SHIELD's +1 projectile bonus, blasting others away. She brings Hercules in to deal with Annihilus, and we begin trading punches. I've got an edge, because Annihilus is Invulnerable, but Hercules is only Tough. Plus, Annihilus is able to hit several people at once. Herc can only focus on Annihilus. Skrull falls soon enough, and Nightmare slips away to deal with Juggernaut. The fight goes in Nightmare's favor, but for some reason he flees the scene. Bad move. He could have had Juggernaut on the ropes. Now he's only Tough instead of Invulnerable, and is able to be damaged by Blizzard and Annihilus. Blizzard takes a critical hit from Jean, getting struck with a file cabinet, and his power is immensely weakened. Annihilus proceeds to defeat Hercules, but barely escaping. Wolverine, the whole time was holding off until he could come into play. Juggernaut finally smacks Nightmare out of Toughness, and Wolverine comes out, taking Nightmare down with a whopping six roll on Claws/Fangs/Blades power. Wasp falls in a double shot from Annihilus to her and Jean, which was unsuccesful to Jean. She harasses me with Jean, taking Annihilus and Wolverine down, but Juggernaut closes in for the kill.

So what do you have, Gamer? How many pieces you got, and what characters?

Cool Cyke, now you got a part'ner to play with. Got a Starter and 6 Booster packs so far and here's what I got:

Rookie Jean Grey
Rookie Wolfsbane*
Rookie Skrull Agent
Rookie Daredevil
Rookie S.H.I.E.L.D. Medic
Rookie Hydra Operative
Rookie Elektra
Rookie Klaw
Rookie Blade x 3
Rookie Hulk
Rookie Wasp
Rookie Controller*
Rookie Henchman
Rookie Spider-Man

Experienced Hulk
Experienced Hobgoblin*
Experienced Bullseye x 2
Experienced Rogue
Experienced Henchmen
Experienced Whirlwind x 2
Experienced Wolfsbane
Experienced Firelord x 2
Experienced Hercules
Experienced Blizzard*

Veteran Kingpin
Veteran Skrull Agent
Veteran Annihilus
Veteran Blade*
Veteran Jean Grey
Veteran Rogue
Veteran Elektra
Veteran Firelord
Veteran Bullseye
Veteran Pyro

Unique Quasar
Unique Black Symbiote Spider-Man
Unique Juggernaut*

*bought individually

6/14/02 - my next update. Got another starter and picked up 3 characters individually, including a unique Juggernaut, sweeeeet. And I also finally got a Spider-Man, only Rookie, but still cool. I am excited about my Veteran Pyro as well. Cyke, your gonna have your work cut out for you ;) :D Too bad I haven't even played yet.

I have:

S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent (E)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Medic (R)
S.H.I.E.L.D. Medic (E)
Hydra Operative (V)
Hydra Medic (R)
Thug (R)
Thug (E)
Henchmen (R)
Henchmen (V)
Skrull Warrior (R)
Wolfsbane (R)
Elektra (R)
Elektra (V)
Boomerang (R)
Boomerang (E)
Boomerang (V)
Kingpin (R)
Vulture (R)
Vulture (V)
Jean Grey (V)
Hobgoblin (E)
Sabretooth (R)
Sabretooth (E)
Sabretooth (V)
Hulk (E)
Puppet Master (R)
Puppet Master (V)
Captain America (V)
Spider-Man (E)
Wolverine (R)
Professor Xavier (R)
Juggernaut (R)
Juggernaut (V)
Black Panther (E)
Black Panther (V)
Pyro (R)
Pyro (V)
Daredevil (V)
Scarlet Witch (V)
Quicksilver (V)
Mr. Hyde (V)
Klaw (V)
Controller (E)
Hercules (R)
Hercules (E)
Rouge (V)
Magneto (R)
Ultron (V)
Firelord (R)
Firelord (E)
Quasar (U)

I can't wait to play again!:D

Gamer must be impossible!!! :eek: :eek:

My new stuff for today:

Rookie Captain America
Veteran Sabretooth
Experienced Bullseye
Experienced Elektra
Veteran Hydra Operative
Experienced Kingpin
Experienced Scarlet Witch
Experienced SHIELD Agent
Rookie Firelord
Veteran Rogue

Looking forward to playing Gambit... looking forward to the release of Infinity Sentinel and the Expansion Packs...

Good God, Gambit got Symbiote Spider-Man!! :mad: :mad:

Dr. Doom
Iron Man
Ghost Rider
Gambit
Storm
Omega Red
Mr. Sinister
Thor
Loki
Iceman
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Nick Fury
Red Skull
Nightcrawler
The Human Torch
Thing
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Namor
Lizard
Shocker
Absorbing Man
Wrecker
Super Skrull
Super Adaptoid
Grim Reaper
Wonder Man
Green Goblin
Man-Thing

Uniques:
Howard The Duck (heehee - I'd like to see how they could make him a contender)
Adam Warlock
Silver Surfer
Apocalypse
Sgt. Fury (WWII)
Iron Man (grey armor)
Thor (Eric Masterson)

And......... to top it off....

A seperately sold, eight inch tall.... GALACTUS.

Update on my list, got 2 boosters today...not much to be excited about except my 3 Veteran femme fatales :p

Originally posted by Cyclops
Dr. Doom
Iron Man
Ghost Rider
Gambit
Storm
Omega Red
Mr. Sinister
Thor
Loki
Iceman
Venom
Dr. Octopus
Nick Fury
Red Skull
Nightcrawler
The Human Torch
Thing
Mr. Fantastic
Invisible Woman
Namor
Lizard
Shocker
Absorbing Man
Wrecker
Super Skrull
Super Adaptoid
Grim Reaper
Wonder Man
Green Goblin
Man-Thing

Uniques:
Howard The Duck (heehee - I'd like to see how they could make him a contender)
Adam Warlock
Silver Surfer
Apocalypse
Sgt. Fury (WWII)
Iron Man (grey armor)
Thor (Eric Masterson)

And......... to top it off....

A seperately sold, eight inch tall.... GALACTUS.
I have to agree. That will be cool. I just got to say one thing though. I WANT GALACTUS TO BE 12 INCHES!:mad: :D

Over at the WizKids now. I'm Hi_I'm_Cyclops in case you wanted to know. Still trying to find the forums...

Rookie Skrull Warrior
Rookie Constrictor
Experienced Wolverine
Experienced Professor Xavier
Experienced Sabretooth
Experiencd Skrull Agent
Veteran Scarlet Witch
Unique Wasp

Check out this custom Doctor Octopus.

JudgeSpooniusDocOck1.jpg

Here's the other Customized figures.

You guys a freakin' me out!

Gotta have some of these things... I want to play... I know my two sons will love these... I'm going to the hobby store tomorrow and see if they have 'em.

:spidey: :ghost: :hulk: :wolverine :cyclops:

My hobby store don't carry Marvel Heroclix... :(

Where are you guys getting them? Guess I could buy on-line... maybe comic book shops? :confused:

list update, got two more Boosters.....dangit, no uniques, but 1 Veteran....check my list for all of them

Hey truth, yeah, comic shops and bookstores SHOULD have them. In fact, comic shops are the most likely. Me and Cyke picked ours up at a local Mall gaming store, so, shop around I guess.... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sumilumi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"