Marvel Heroclix

Same here, and I'm not even the whole way through it yet.

It's the best stuff next to Peter David's first run. And if you're one of those who don't like David's more psychological take on the Hulk and just prefer the smashing, boy oh boy, are you in for one hell of a great read.

I got about 6 boosters of M&M so far, but one of the other guys at the venue ended up donating all of his Mutations and Monsters extras as a prize in one of the events I played at, which I ended up winning, so I have all of the commons and all but 3 of the uncommons so far. Gonna eventually buy all of the rares and super rares I want off of ebay. I really want Devil Dinosaur and Moon Boy, it looks awesome in person.

is this just for the Marvel Heroclix? or can we talk bout the DC ones in here as well?

You can talk about both in here, this was started back when there was only Marvel Heroclix sets.

gotcha. i just started getting into the game. started with the alpha batman set. and so started with those rules, but now i'm starting to delve into the normal rules.

I've been playing and collecting for a couple of years now. First started collecting around the time the Ultimates set was released, then started playing three years ago when I started college. I passed on the Batman Alpha sets, since I mainly collect the Marvel sets.

Since you're starting with the normal rules, I'd advise that you might want to buy the Fantastic 4 starter set, if you haven't already. That set has the latest rulebook. You can also download the rules from the official Heroclix site if you don't want to get that set though.

yeah, i'm saving up for the Fantastic Four set. my collection lately tho is pretty good considering i started with 4 originally. now i'm up to 24 characters.

Hulk
Colossus
Scarecrow (2)
Robin (2)
Nightwing
Batman
Bane
Mr. Freeze
Mad Hatter
Cyborg
Speedy
Booster Gold
Shazaam
Rag Man
Black Canary

shocking, yet at the same time not that surprising... the economy is down and hero-clix haven't been as popular as they were 3-4 years ago.

I read that last night over at hcrealms.com , many are shocked but not surprised, there seems to be hope that Topps will continue Heroclix without Wizkids or sell the brand to another maker, have to wait and see.

yeah, the article said Topps was gonna keep it going...they day the DC and Marvel clix should continue without missing a beat

Definitely disappointed with this news, but it's not surprising. Topps has been laying off Wizkids employees all year. The head game designer was let go late in the summer, then the person who had designed the upcoming Hammer of Thor set and was supposed to replace him as head designer was also let go soon after. Hopefully Heroclix will continue, I know that the Hammer of Thor set was just about ready to go into production. Some of Wizkids former employees have announced that they are going to try to start their own gaming company, call Pinata Games, and are trying to get enough money to buy the rights to Heroclix. So hopefully there will still be Heroclix sets in the future.

http://www.saveheroclix.com/

HAHA! HEROCLIZ ARE ALIVE AND KICKING! NECA now owns whizkids and the rights to make heroclix, in blackest night starter will feature all the deputy lanterns, and the new asgard set it out! with marvel classics!

HAHA! HEROCLIZ ARE ALIVE AND KICKING! NECA now owns whizkids and the rights to make heroclix, in blackest night starter will feature all the deputy lanterns, and the new asgard set it out! with marvel classics!

Anybody still play/ collect or trade these?

I found mine recently and I want to collect more due to nostalgia and good times with the family.

My collection is respectable but I would like more

There is a thread here! Anyone play this game? I have since the beginning :woot:

I have a few figurines, but I've never played it. I mostly just collect figurines of characters who shrink, so I can display them with my Legends, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"