• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Marvel Now - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might get it and HOPE that Darkhawk doesn't get ruined too badly. He's the main draw for me. I like X-23, Nico, and Chase but I wouldn't get it just for them. We'll see. I'll at least skim the first issue.

I might get it and HOPE that Darkhawk doesn't get ruined too badly. He's the main draw for me. I like X-23, Nico, and Chase but I wouldn't get it just for them. We'll see. I'll at least skim the first issue.

He's almost already ruined just being slated to appear in this book. His power levels had him in a range where he could hold his own against very powerful cosmic characters..how is this any work for him?

Predicted answer: Despite all the work and nice covers of his new status..he's being taken back to his Losers persona. The standard marvel " we didn't have a plan"

If Marvel kills off Darkhawk in this crap book I am done.

well, his Loners persona was good. so they should go back to it.

Last edited:
What of Marvel Now are you actually buying?

I'm going with...

The Avengers
Captain America
Deadpool
Fantastic Four
FF
Indestructible Hulk
Iron Man
Thor
Thunderbolts
Uncanny Avengers

I think I'll get:

Uncanny Avengers
All New X-men
Cable and X-force
X-men Legacy
Avengers
Captain America
Thor
Iron Man
Fantastic Four
Whatever Spiderman relaunches into

And I'm contemplating Uncanny X-force... but I'm definitely not sold.

I'll be getting:

All-New X-Men
Avengers (Avengers is in my 200+ issue threshold of not dropping, plus it looks awesome)
Captain America
Deadpool
Fantastic Four
Indestructible Hulk
Iron Man
Journey into Mystery
New Avengers
Red She-Hulk
Thor: God of Thunder
Thunderbolts
- inevitable Spider-Man relaunch (Amazing Spider-Man is in my 200+ issue threshold of not dropping)

Plus the books I'm already getting (Dark Avengers, Daredevil, Hawkeye, Wolverine & the X-Men, X-Factor, and X-Men). But my Marvel pull list is going down considerably with this relaunch. The inevitable Wolverine relaunch will depend on the creative team, I will not be replacing Secret Avengers, Uncanny X-Force, FF, or X-Men Legacy; Avengers Academy, Uncanny X-Men, Captain America &, and New Mutants are cancelled with no replacements; I'll be flat out dropping Avengers Assemble and Winter Soldier; and there hasn't been a new Punisher book announced yet (which if it does happen, will also depend on the creative team). Also, I'm not expecting Journey into Mystery and Red She-Hulk to last long at all.

At least Marvel's top tier books look good for the most part. All-New X-Men is the one I'm most wary about, but it's at least worth checking out for an arc. But Marvel's lower tier books look like crap.

Last edited:
Loners was awesome.....eventually they got stuck in an alternate future and were like THE biggest Superheroes evers. Still there technically. :o

Last edited:
Has Namor been featured in any Marvel Now promotions? I don't think I've seen him anywhere.

Ehhhhh, no.

All they did was do a bunch of relaunches. What DC did is completely different. They basically ruined their continuity. Even Batman.
DC only ruined Batman's continuity for the most part and really it has more to do with the Robin timeline then anything else. For everything else it is pretty much new. Although I would love to know how Lex Luthor ended up in jail during this five year gap.

Since everyone was posting their NOW buys, I had mine in the Dec 2012 solicits thread.

Buying:
Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor

Still considering:
Thunderbolts
The second X-Force title
New Avengers

Existing books I'm keeping:
Journey into Mystery (to see how it holds up post Gillen)
Dark Avengers
ASM (or whatever incarnation it is post ASM 700)
Avenging Spider-Man
Venom
Scarlet Spider
DD
WATXM
Secret Avengers (ending soon)
Uncanny X-Force (ending)
WolverineMAX (limited series)
FuryMAX (limited series)
Marvel Universe vs the Avengers (min series)
Punisher War Zone (mini series)

Most likely dropping soon:
Captain Marvel
Cap/Black Widow
Gambit

That's still less than what I have now and with all the books either ending or being mini series, I'll have even less stuff in the NOW era. So congrats Marvel, you're losing my money. :up:

Since everyone was posting their NOW buys, I had mine in the Dec 2012 solicits thread.

Buying:
Avengers
Uncanny Avengers
Captain America
Iron Man
Hulk
Thor

Still considering:
Thunderbolts
The second X-Force title
New Avengers

Existing books I'm keeping:
Journey into Mystery (to see how it holds up post Gillen)
Dark Avengers
ASM (or whatever incarnation it is post ASM 700)
Avenging Spider-Man
Venom
Scarlet Spider
DD
WATXM
Secret Avengers (ending soon)
Uncanny X-Force (ending)
WolverineMAX (limited series)
FuryMAX (limited series)
Marvel Universe vs the Avengers (min series)
Punisher War Zone (mini series)

Most likely dropping soon:
Captain Marvel
Cap/Black Widow
Gambit

That's still less than what I have now and with all the books either ending or being mini series, I'll have even less stuff in the NOW era. So congrats Marvel, you're losing my money. :up:

You're only dropping three books...:huh:

You're only dropping three books...:huh:

No, Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Force are ending. The 2 MAX books, Marvel U vs the Avengers and Punisher War Zone are all mini series. That makes 6 ending on the 3 that I'm dropping for a total of 9. I might also drop JiM depending on how Immonen does and I've been tinkering with the idea of dropping Scarlet Spider for a while. That would make it potentially 11. I forgot that Uncanny X-Men is ending, that's 12. More than enough to compensate the 3 or 4 NOW titles I'm picking up for sure.

I still have room to get the 2nd wave NOW books if I want but chances are I won't get all of them. Besides, if I don't like any of the NOW books, I'll drop them after an arc like I did for the Avengers Heroic Age relaunches. Well, except for Captain America and maybe the Avengers.

Wow, you guys must spend a lot o money on comics
my list after NOW:

-Uncanny Avengers
-Thor
-Captain America
-Avengers
-Wolverine & The X-Men

And I'll give a shot to:
-Deadpool
-All-New X

And that's only if I can afford that many

No, Secret Avengers and Uncanny X-Force are ending. The 2 MAX books, Marvel U vs the Avengers and Punisher War Zone are all mini series. That makes 6 ending on the 3 that I'm dropping for a total of 9. I might also drop JiM depending on how Immonen does and I've been tinkering with the idea of dropping Scarlet Spider for a while. That would make it potentially 11. I forgot that Uncanny X-Men is ending, that's 12. More than enough to compensate the 3 or 4 NOW titles I'm picking up for sure.

I still have room to get the 2nd wave NOW books if I want but chances are I won't get all of them. Besides, if I don't like any of the NOW books, I'll drop them after an arc like I did for the Avengers Heroic Age relaunches. Well, except for Captain America and maybe the Avengers.
So it seems like Now isn't the reason Marvel's losing your money, it's that they aren't coming out with as many minis that strike your interest. :o

If All New X-Men is to be the new flagship title, then the O5 need to go back to their time relatively quickly. I think it'd be insulting to all the characters created since then if they get the spotlight for the next 8 years or however long Bendis plans on staying.

Yeah, the O5 almost got X-Men cancelled back in the day
Don't get why people have such fondness for them, they're all way more interesting where they're at now

Bringing them to our time sounds like a good arc for an existing book, not the premise for an ongoing.

I have a short list:

Definitely Uncanny Avengers
Maybe Thunderbolts (will depend on if it is going to double ship every month)
Probably whatever book replaces Amazing Spider-Man (but it will depend on what happens through issue 700)

Avengers is going to get dropped before Marvel NOW even happens because it is scheduled to double ship from here on, and I don't think it is good enough to buy twice a month. I am just going to skip in completely when NOW starts, too.

I might just go with Uncanny Avengers, whatever Spider-Man book (hoping they change it to once a month, like that'll ever happen), and then pick a new DC book to pick up (right now only getting GL and Batman).

Loners was awesome.....eventually they got stuck in an alternate future and were like THE biggest Superheroes evers. Still there technically. :o

That was a good book/story by Kirkman..and interesting..that was League of Losers... BUT Loners was a mini stemming out of runaways, largely conversational..darkhawk was technically in both. I mixed them up.

I'm very torn on the whole double shipping thing

On one hand, if it's a good book, I am always up for not waiting a month to see what happens.
On the other hand, yeah, effin' expensive.

Damn you Marvel, making me choose between food and my nerd-diction

I've been looking at this Marvel NOW and New 52 nonsense in the more positive of lights. With less money going towards comics, I've been buying a LOT more movies and video games than ever before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"