Marvel Now - Part 5

Just looked at the new preview to Uncanny X-Men and can I say that I continue to dislike how everyone suddenly hates Scott like he's the absolute worst villain they've ever met. Like, they sit around and actively talk about how horrible he is. It's stupid. They also continue to ignore the fact that he killed Xavier while under the control of the Phoenix force. I don't remember everyone turning against and hating Jean, even after she decimated an entire galaxy as the Phoenix.

Blech! :cmad:

I think the killing of Charles was just icing on the cake. Most people began to hate Cyclops back in the Schism days. I'm ready for everybody to be a family again though :o

Shot? isn't the Hulk supposed to prevent shots from killing Banner?
Banner shot himself once, Hulked out automatically to stop the bullet damage. It was adapted into the bit of game in Alaska in the opening scene of the movie game

They explained why the bullet was able to hurt him and have lasting damage. I can't remember the details but I remember going "Hm, ok I'll buy that" after reading it.

Meh, I still say Cyclops is right about pretty much everything.

I think the killing of Charles was just icing on the cake. Most people began to hate Cyclops back in the Schism days. I'm ready for everybody to be a family again though :o

This will be when I come back to the X-books

Falcon Cap flying

Attachments

• All-New_Captain_America_Infinite_Comic_2.jpg
    All-New_Captain_America_Infinite_Comic_2.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 12
  • All-New_Captain_America_Infinite_Comic_3.jpg
    All-New_Captain_America_Infinite_Comic_3.jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 14
They explained why the bullet was able to hurt him and have lasting damage. I can't remember the details but I remember going "Hm, ok I'll buy that" after reading it.
Interesting, I guess

You like endangering younglings!?
I'm not the only one using that word :D

What's wrong with endangering younglings?
Chucky X did it all the time
So does Batman
And Oliver Queen
And more
:oldrazz:

Falcon Cap flying
At least they kept the flying

When wasn't the x-kids in danger? :o

All sorts of groups want to kill mutants in the MCU

New series Angela: Asgard's Assassin by Gillen and Jimenez announced.

Angela-Asgards-Assasin-Hans-Variant-7f003.jpg

So she is the new Ragnarok or something?

Ragnarok isn't really a person. It's more of an event in Norse Mythology. Clor was given the name Ragnarok because he didn't really have a name, just the one the internet gave him.

Ragnarok isn't really a person. It's more of an event in Norse Mythology. Clor was given the name Ragnarok because he didn't really have a name, just the one the internet gave him.
The fire behind her inspired the question

Just looked at the new preview to Uncanny X-Men and can I say that I continue to dislike how everyone suddenly hates Scott like he's the absolute worst villain they've ever met. Like, they sit around and actively talk about how horrible he is. It's stupid. They also continue to ignore the fact that he killed Xavier while under the control of the Phoenix force. I don't remember everyone turning against and hating Jean, even after she decimated an entire galaxy as the Phoenix.

Blech! :cmad:

to be fair to the X-men, no one got a chance to react to what Jean had done. Dark Phoenix ate the star system, came back to earth, fought the team and next hing they know the Sh'iar abducted them and told them about what had happened. Jean was dead within hours of that. There really wasn't any time to turn against and start hating her. They've had months to hate on Scott and have all that build up

IA

You like endangering younglings!?
Scott doesn't endanger them; the world does. He gives them the training and skills necessary to help protect themselves and others. You can only learn so much in a classroom. Knowing your algebra wont do much to help you against a sentinel.

Marvel is really going all out on pushing Angela.

as they should considering they paid good money for her

Last edited:
Marvel is really going all out on pushing Angela.

I'm so ambivalent towards her but can't resist the Norse books.

It's a shame so many gods die during it, b/c I'd loooove to see Marvel's version. Also, they'd have to dig up Tyr and introduce Freyr.

Scott doesn't endanger them; the world does. He gives them the training and skills necessary to help protect themselves and others. You can only learn so much in a classroom. Knowing your algebra wont do much to help you against a sentinel.

Wolverine teaches them algebra AND throws them into the Savage Land for days unsupervised. It's all about balance. Scott hasn't taught his batch of kids much of anything.

Wolverine teaches them algebra AND throws them into the Savage Land for days unsupervised. It's all about balance. Scott hasn't taught his batch of kids much of anything.

that's not entirely true. He's taught them enough that they are still living and now how to handle themselves when a threat presents itself. Scott's bunch have regular lessons as well. Its a school and operates as such. The main difference between his and Wolverine's branch is that he treats his students as X-men and takes them along for field experience as he was taught by Xavier before him decades ago

i tried to get into the new xmen, but its a nightmare for a new comer. i at first grabbed new xmen during that issue where the evil team from the future traveled back to take them out (i forget the issue number, i had a couple tonight lol).

while i did think it was good, i was so lost, i followed up with the next few issues but i really couldnt get into it. so much was going on .

What i took away from it is...... i want , more x-23, angel and iceman...... and kitty.

Well that story ended this last issue, and next issue is going to focus on a relationship between Angel and X23. I definitely don't think you picked a good spot to start, but now that that story is over it might be easier.

I might read the Angela book if Sif, The Warriors Three or Valkyrie makes an appearance.

A number of Scott's students are college age.

been reading the current guardians of the galaxy series and it is bloody terrible. The dialogue sucks, the use of alien slang is so forced. The mention things that have happened (annihilation, war, realm, imperative) but pretty much discount all the relationships built, and bonds forged. Bendis has turned The Deadliest Woman in the Galaxy into kinda competent. I'm not against new members, my favourite run was built on it (Bug, Jack Flagg, Vance). But they just appear to appear, nothings a complete story by itself. The jump from issue 12 to 13 is jarring.

Really? I only read it during the Xmen crossover and found it too be quite good. Did it get worse?

New Spider-Woman ongoing, by Hopeless and Land. No thanks.

Spider-Woman_Land.jpg

Who's the other spider female?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"