Marvel Now - Part 5

I really wish they'd update Jessica's costume.

Who's the other spider female?

I'm guessing maybe the new Silk chick that just debuted. There's supposed to be more about it coming up after the panel it was announced in is over.

It's Silk. And that outfit is way better than the craptacular one she debuted with.

S.H.I.E.L.D. #1 launches in December by Mark Waid with rotating artists, in-continuity and starring the characters from the TV show.

Carlos Pacheco, Alan Davis, Chris Sprouse, and more artists will be on it. "This is SHIELD the TV show but with an unlimited budget," Waid said. "The structure of the series is done-in-one. Coulson and his team have a mission, and if we need someone for a mission, everyone in the Marvel Universe is available as a potential Agent."

"I love Coulson because he knows everything about the Marvel Universe. He knows every powerset and eveything that he would need to get jobs done. Rocket Raccoon and Howard the Duck are right for the job? We'll bring them in.

"I couldn't be happier about this series."

http://www.newsarama.com/21732-sdcc-2014-marvel-next-big-thing-panel-live.html

Announcement! Mark Waid is writing "S.H.I.E.L.D.," joined by a rotating team of artists including Carlos Pacheco, Alan Davis and Chris Sprouse (cover art above). "This is S.H.I.E.L.D. the TV show, the unlimited budget edition," Waid said. "This is our chance to introduce a lot of the other characters into the Marvel Universe, and give them the Marvel Universe spin."

Waid said that every Marvel superhero is a potential S.H.I.E.L.D. agent in this series, describing the book as a "stealth Marvel team-up." Expressing his fondness for Phil Coulson as a character, Waid said he liked how the character is a genuine superhero fan, and he'll use that in the comic to assemble teams (one of which will include Rocket Raccoon and Howard the Duck, the writer indicated). "No one's off limits."

Also: "Leo [Fitz] finally gets his helper monkey," Waid said. "It seemed like a fitting Marvel Universe welcome gift."

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=54408

SHIELD_1_Deodato.jpg

Not sure what they expect to come out of this. Other than pissing off their readers of course.

Nothing new was said there. They're never going to cancel X-men titles. All New X-men is consistently the top Marvel book each month. They're not going to choose to stop making money. Sure advertisements and marketing is going to shift to the Avengers, which sucks. But there are still a lot of X-men stories being told.

That looks ****ing fake as ****.

Probably not. In the link I posted above it mentioned that Marvel instructed artist for a trading card line to exclude all things FF.

That could be the actual memo or it could not be but they did tell them at some point.

I thought Marvel owned the Silver Surfer again? Marvel doesn't have the rights to the Skrulls?

Marvel studios cannot use silver surfer. And they have the skrulls but not super skrull.

It really makes zero sense that Marvel would allow any of their properties to go to pot just because of one license agreement.

yeah it's supposedly a return to pre Iron Man #1 *****ey Stark, due to whatever "Inversion" happens during Axis

so kinda like Civil War Stark, too

I might give it a go. I haven't actually read much of him pre Iron Man or being a *****e. But most agree that it looks horrible.

OK. Fell way behind on Hickman's Avengers in the first 10 issues or so. I was looking to read his epic including Avengers, New Avengers, and Infinity. But the only reading orders I can find end just before or during Inifinity. Does anyone know of a reading order I can find that's close to up to date? Heard his run might be ending soon, soon enough to just wait for the reading order to crop up after?

He reminds me of Spawn. Must be the eyes.

Is Flash walking again? Is he wearing some kind device that allows him to walk?

I thought it was good to show a non-able bodied hero outside of the Venom suit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"