Marvel Now - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alpha becoming Spider-Man is becoming the worst kept secret in all of comics.

really? is that really it??
so after ruining his life and marriage, Marvel is killing Peter Parker off in both universes???

....and replacing him with a character whom, from what I hear, has no redeeming qualities and is uniformly hated by readers worldwide????

Yikes
If true, I really think Marvel has it in for Spidey fans

Dan Slott made it very clear to wait and see. He's never let us down in the past (at least me), he deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I will see this all the way through and determine if it was a success or failure when the full story has been told. This isn't like the Clone Saga when Marvel was like, 'here it is take it or leave it.....Ben Reilly is the real Spider-Man'.

He's a kid from the most recent arc of ASM that got superpowers in a Peter/Horizon Labs related accident. He was powered up to Superman levels and had a real irresponsible/cocky demeanor but Peter was able to power him down at the end of the story with some Terminus technology. He's was touted as Spider-Man's sidekick.

I have really enjoyed Slott's ASM, but if that is what happens, I'm out.

Not that I read the title but you know something that would annoy me if they did go the Alpha/Spider-Man route? Dan's mentioned somewhere that it was something that's never been done with Spider-Man before (if I'm remembering what he said correctly). It would annoy me though that someone else in the costum has been done by just about everyone else, so it's not like it's even a new, original, or interesting idea. I'm assuming there's more to it but we'll (well, you'll) see.

Yeah, and he seemed to have been aged up about a decade too. Not sure how he'll fit into a book about Young Avengers.
Aging up and down happens all the time at Marvel, especially with the teenage characters.

Jubilee should be in her late 20s by now and she seemed to be written like that when she was on the New Warriors then they brought her back to X-Men for that Vampire **** and suddenly she was being written as if she were still a 17 year old girl.

I personally don't think they will replace Pete Parker. Slott has delivered thus far. I do like the cover art.

Anyone know what what will become of Hope in Marvel NOW!? I read Consequences today and it didnt clarify things much. I doubt she will just leave to live a normal life

It sounds like she's off to comic book exile (with the Sentry) for a while until they come up with something cool for her to do....which may be never.

I'd read them if his replacement was someone I liked, but this literally reads like Alpha is gonna step into the suit and quite a bit of other characters will probably be unaware that little bastard is now Spider-Man.

Yeah, and he seemed to have been aged up about a decade too. Not sure how he'll fit into a book about Young Avengers.
Right, i didnt think it was him on that young avengers cover because he seemed to be a more grown up man as protector

Hope is interesting in that she is so bland :p

The success of the entire X-line depended on how well Marvel could sell her character. The mystery surrounding her kept some people interested, but now that we know the story I honestly don't know how she would fit into the marvel universe now. Her possible connection to Jean was the only thing that kept me interested.

Alpha becoming Spider-Man is becoming the worst kept secret in all of comics.
That was meant to be a secret? It's a painful tease
So it won't be Peter getting Alpha powers, I guess

really? is that really it??
so after ruining his life and marriage, Marvel is killing Peter Parker off in both universes???
They made it better, he has a big job fitting for him

....and replacing him with a character whom, from what I hear, has no redeeming qualities and is uniformly hated by readers worldwide????
I don't hate him..yet

The Gillen/McKelvie Young Avengers has been officially confirmed today. It will feature Kid Loki, Miss America, Wiccan, Hulkling, Kate Bishop and a few others.

[URL="http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41439"]http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=41439[/URL]

Never heard of a new Miss America. Very happy Kate Bishop is back, although I feel she should be making her way into the main team. Very upset that Speed and Eli aren't regulars.

Hmm, am I the only one not getting the vibe that Pete is being replaced? I haven't really seen anything major to suggest that? I just get the vibe something messes him up and he either becomes more Spider-like (thus the darker angle and new powers; him losing that part of himself while gaining more tools makes him all grim-dark) and/ or some tragedy. I don't think Alpha's replacing him...hopefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"