Marvel Now - Part 5

It's fair to say that the X-men writers in general for the last ten years have been in love with Cyclops, and definitely like him with Emma. I get the impression that Bendis is the first writer in a long time that really likes Jean, though, and he's putting a lot of effort into her (and it's making the book quite a success).

However, I think Marvel more broadly cares about Jean. She gets put into everything and is teased regularly. I just don't think any writers wanted to deal with her until Bendis.

Like check out this poster for the Marvel Heroes game that I see everywhere.

DBhDY8z.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like Hulk is getting a make over too:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/07/22/thor-iron-man-hulk-marvel-comics-exclusive/12960769/

Bruce Banner was shot in the head recently, causing brain damage, but his pal Tony Stark stepped up and used the Extremis bio-technology to save him.

It also gives Banner's gigantic green alter ego a super-intelligent brain that's just as impressive as his biceps, though "there are side effects to that," says Paniccia.

Next month's Hulk No. 5 by writer Gerry Duggan and artist Mark Bagley finds Hulk pondering his new situation and having an epiphany: He needs to rid the world of the poison of gamma energy, including gamma-enhanced beings such as himself.

But folks such as Red Hulk and Banner's cousin She-Hulk may not be fully on board with his new mission statement, which puts the original Hulk at odds with friends and enemies.

"Some of these people are addicted to the power. They've been enhanced long enough that they're used to it and don't want to give it up," Paniccia says. "Hulk fans love seeing big smash-ups and superhuman fights, so we're going to have some pretty epic battles."

Hmmm thor seems to have a robotic arm in that art work... I remember future thor had a missing arm as well.

Doesn't really look like chain mail imo. Theres a hinge where his elbow is. Looks like robotic musculature.

I didn't think he was missing an arm. I could be wrong but I thought that was some type of armor attached to his arm to augment his strength. Cable had something similar in his last series

I figured, I was looking at the one IN roaches link lol.

Haha, we were all kinda joking when we asked if disabled people would be pandered to next but now Hawkeye's deaf for a little while. Can we give some attention to superheroes with Crohn's Disease for Pete's sake!?

I can't wait until Marvel makes a book staring an LGBT character so people can tell me I'm being pandered to. Unlike the straight white guys who are never pandered to.

It's fair to say that the X-men writers in general for the last ten years have been in love with Cyclops, and definitely like him with Emma. I get the impression that Bendis is the first writer in a long time that really likes Jean, though, and he's putting a lot of effort into her (and it's making the book quite a success).

However, I think Marvel more broadly cares about Jean. She gets put into everything and is teased regularly. I just don't think any writers wanted to deal with her until Bendis.

Like check out this poster for the Marvel Heroes game that I see everywhere.

DBhDY8z.jpg

Marvel exploits her well enough in a cynical marketing sense. Like Panthro said, she only seems to exist to create conflict. Like... she just has to be someone's love interest to work as a character.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2014/07/22/thor-iron-man-hulk-marvel-comics-exclusive/12960769/

Bruce Banner was shot in the head recently, causing brain damage, but his pal Tony Stark stepped up and used the Extremis bio-technology to save him.

It also gives Banner's gigantic green alter ego a super-intelligent brain that's just as impressive as his biceps, though "there are side effects to that," says Paniccia.

Next month's Hulk No. 5 by writer Gerry Duggan and artist Mark Bagley finds Hulk pondering his new situation and having an epiphany: He needs to rid the world of the poison of gamma energy, including gamma-enhanced beings such as himself.

But folks such as Red Hulk and Banner's cousin She-Hulk may not be fully on board with his new mission statement, which puts the original Hulk at odds with friends and enemies.

"Some of these people are addicted to the power. They've been enhanced long enough that they're used to it and don't want to give it up," Paniccia says. "Hulk fans love seeing big smash-ups and superhuman fights, so we're going to have some pretty epic battles."

So... Smart Hulk then?

I can't wait until Marvel makes a book staring an LGBT character so people can tell me I'm being pandered to. Unlike the straight white guys who are never pandered to.

How do/did you feel about Hulkling and Wiccan's excessive PDA in just about every book they're in? I frown on all PDA, whether it be man+woman, man+man, dog+bridge.

Well I see the man+woman variety in almost every book I read, so obviously it was good to see some diversity.

I don't like PDA in real life, but in comics and other media it's used to tell the story/develop characters.

Yeah because everyone is pandered to. Not just minorities. There's not enough pandering to people who aren't straight white guys. Marvel is a corporation, therefore the master of marketing, aka pandering. But the only time you hear that word is when they announce something like a black Captain America.

Just looked at the new preview to Uncanny X-Men and can I say that I continue to dislike how everyone suddenly hates Scott like he's the absolute worst villain they've ever met. Like, they sit around and actively talk about how horrible he is. It's stupid. They also continue to ignore the fact that he killed Xavier while under the control of the Phoenix force. I don't remember everyone turning against and hating Jean, even after she decimated an entire galaxy as the Phoenix.

Blech! :cmad:

Wait are we talking about the same pic? Im referring to the one in that usa today link that roach posted...

I can't post the image but he has one very robotic looking arm in the link here:

http://mobile.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/...HY-THOR-MODEL-COMIC-CON-JY-1152--65994774.JPG

I didn't think he was missing an arm. I could be wrong but I thought that was some type of armor attached to his arm to augment his strength. Cable had something similar in his last series

Well duh, it's Finn from Adventure Time. :p He always has a robot arm when he grows up.

Shot? isn't the Hulk supposed to prevent shots from killing Banner?
Banner shot himself once, Hulked out automatically to stop the bullet damage. It was adapted into the bit of game in Alaska in the opening scene of the movie game

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"