Homecoming Marvel's Spider-Man Costume!? - Part 8

If I had to guess, Peter won't switch back to his old costume, and that is a flashback. He's been dealing with Vulture for a while, and that's how the movie opens, with Peter in the midst of a encounter which goes south for him.

The scene where Tony tells him there are people who deal with "flying monster guy" is Peter before or soon after he gets his upgrade explaining his situation to Tony.

My only problem is with the eyes. In the robbery scene, the light from the room shines on the corner(s) of the lenses and makes it look like they were just glued onto the mask (which I'm sure it was bts). Hope it doesn't show throughout the film.

Personally I wold prefer he does not go back to the protosuit. Worked for Captain America but it never sat well with me that the Stealth suits fate is only in the deleted scenes.

I would rather he see this new suit destroyed so that he has to develop his own design for the next movie outing. I mean Spider-man 1 destroyed and not some little cuts.

I still feel that Marvel made it different just to make it different. I hope it's like this is Starks take but Peter will have his own.

That being said I mostly love the suit, I just have 2 issues.

1) The Spider is too damn small. There is no way around it. It should not be so small. There is a reason why the original classic suit.........is a thing of the past. Artists love the big spider logo. Eye's are debatable. Personally I love the Spider-man 1 eyes.

2) CGI issues. In that the CGI looks too smooth/tight then the real suit. I could see maybe using the air pressure feature to explain that away. But it's really the mask. The eyes are cool but it's clear that the head is cgi in spots.

This is where I think raised webbing helps a great deal and in taking the suit to reality. Be is Spider-man or The Amazing Spider-man 2. It just adds a great texture.

I possibly feel they got a huge head from the Black Panther CGI.

If I had to guess, Peter won't switch back to his old costume, and that is a flashback. He's been dealing with Vulture for a while, and that's how the movie opens, with Peter in the midst of a encounter which goes south for him.

The scene where Tony tells him there are people who deal with "flying monster guy" is Peter before or soon after he gets his upgrade explaining his situation to Tony.

Could be his fight with Vulture is what tipped Stark off to Spidey.

Last edited:
The good: The color and the spider-tick on the back

The bad: The webbing is too low-key, the front spider is too small (and I still believe it should bleed into the black webbing), and the speed stripes are a weak attempt to differentiate this costume from the two superior versions we've already seen

The ugly: Cartoon eyes

These web wings are hugely impractical. So when Spidey wants they can turn him into a human hang glider, but then somehow they don't create mass amounts of air resistance when he's swinging around the city upright? Come on Marvel, science!

The design is ok, but it just doesn't 'pop'.

These web wings are hugely impractical. So when Spidey wants they can turn him into a human hang glider, but then somehow they don't create mass amounts of air resistance when he's swinging around the city upright? Come on Marvel, science!

The web pits clearly aren't out all of the time. They probably retract.

The more I look at this suit the more I dislike it. I think it's my least favorite.

It's a good look, but it still isn't better than this

2d7xc94.jpg

I love me some Spider-Man 2, but raised webbing always loses to the Civl War suit IMO.

Yes, even God almighty doesn't forgive the "raised webbing" :o

That manip is a little too smooth-looking for my tastes. I'm glad it got rid of the ugly lines all over the blue portions of the suit, but it's missing the texture of the fabric.

Geeze the raised webbing debate is a perfect example of human conflict. Raised Spider-man 1,2,3 webbing is perfection but also some of you are misguided in your false opinions.......

Really for me like I said the raised webbing offsets the smooth look. The real Civil War suit before the CGI overlay I though looked pretty decent with raised webbing.

I think raised webbing also just works for the human body. It shows off the curves. When Holland is shirtless you can see he put on the pounds. Raised webbing(and basically all the tricks used for the Raimi suits) would show that off.

Though at the same time I do feel it makes him seem younger in the suit.

The raised webbing isn't my preferred route, but it provided the suit with some dimension that made it photograph very well.

The black rubber lining on the MCU suit does help the costume in that regard, as it keeps the suit from looking too flat while also helping the red areas pop more. It's a very smart compromise when trying to adapt the printed-on webs. However, the sectioning off of the shoulders and forearms disrupts the flow of the design, and it needs to go in future films.

The Spider-Man 2 suit is still, in my opinion, the best Spidey costume ever committed to film, despite its flaws.

Last edited:
I thought the suit looked weird in the trailer. The texture or something just looked off, it was most noticeable anytime he was wearing the mask. Just looked weird to me.

Best suit for me is still The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit followed very closely by the Spider-Man 2 costume.

The more I look at this suit the more I dislike it. I think it's my least favorite.
Definitely my opinion too. Which is incredible, given how Marvel were apparently going to show everyone how it's really meant to be done.

I thought the suit looked weird in the trailer. The texture or something just looked off, it was most noticeable anytime he was wearing the mask. Just looked weird to me.

Best suit for me is still The Amazing Spider-Man 2 suit followed very closely by the Spider-Man 2 costume.

I thought that too. It's clear they've again used cgi to change the natural look of the suit, as it looked noticably different from the offical image of him in front of the train.

Hopefully it will be less noticable when the cgi is finished.

With the way they use CGI, sometimes I wonder why they even bothered making a physical suit.

The suit is enhanced by CG. You can see Tom's abs and muscles now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"