Marvel's What If...? - General Discussion

I don't think episode 7 is correct on this list. We already know that "Spider-Man Supreme" or Spider-Man Zombie Hunter as the merchandise is listing him as is in the Zombie episode. Plus we know there's an episode with Gamora and Tony Stark on Sakaar
Unless 7 & 8 are a two-parter, though it's unlikely for a show like this. This show is likelier to pick up loose threads down the line later in the season or in a future season as opposed to having multiple episode arcs like Clone Wars.

Finding the show enjoyable but in all but the 1st episode they have picked moments in the past for the characters (pre MCU) to change things. Most of the 'What If?' books pick a key moment that the readers have seen happen, and spin an alternative tale from that moment.

Minor nitpick I suppose, but I would prefer more branches from events that we have actually seen in the movies.

why is T’Challa using the name Starlord here? Wasn’t that just a nickname Peter’s mother gave him or something? At least that’s what I recall the origin of the title being. So it makes no sense why he’s being called Starlord. That being said, it was nice to hear Chad again as T’Challa. RIP king.
Wow, that never even occurred to me. Star Prince would have actually made more sense in this case, which I think was what John C. Reilly's character mistakenly called Quill in the first GOTG.
this was one of the things I was most intrigued about for this ep, too, cause Star Lords backstory seems so unique to his situation... but the the episode didn't really give much in the way of an explanation (at least not to the degree I was expecting, so that's partly on me)
as for the use of the name, I would assume Quills Dad knew of the nickname and mentioned it in his original request to retrieve his son, so the name just kinda stuck as nickname for T'Challa with the crew (who most still couldn't really tell the difference anyway lol)

I quite enjoyed the latest episode, but I’m bummed I haven’t liked the show more, overall.

something about it just seems…off. I know they’re only 30 minutes long and can only do so much, but I find them to be largely forgettable at this point.
The first episode was okay but just a retelling of the first Cap film.
The Star Lord episode was all over the place. Too much going on and little to no explanation why things happened. (Star Lord stopping Thanos’ plan should have really been explored more. Give us some flashbacks or something!)
Third episode was a neat idea, but I feel like I forget about them all as soon as they’re done lol

I’m hoping the next couple episodes are better, but right now I’m very “meh” on the series

Last edited:
So the episode list i had put together previously doesn't seem to match. I probably got fooled by IMDB and some news websites that claimed some unverified stuff.

Last edited:
I'm willing to give it another shot and see if we can crack de code on what the remaining episodes could be about.

Episode 5 - Marvel Zombies / Winter Soldier / Zombie Hunter Spider-Man
Episode 6 - Iron Man / Killmonger / Wakanda ???
Episode 7 - Party Thor / Korg / Grandmaster / Sakkar / Iron Man / Gamora / ???
Episode 8 - Recruitment of the Guardians of the Multiverse by The Watcher ???
Episode 9 - "In an alternate timeline, Vision becomes an all-powerful android known as "Infinite Ultron" when merged with rival android Ultron. Now, it's up the newly-formed "Guardians of the Multiverse" to put an end to his reign before it's too late."

Last edited:
My ranking so far

1. Zombies
2. Fury’s big week
3. T’Challa Starlord
4. Strange Supreme
5. Captain Carter

Yeah I'm done with these ive only liked ep #3 and I loathed anything zombie related won't even bother with this week's probably check out thors episode when it eventually airs

I actually thought the Zombies episode was the weakest yet. I'd even take Captain Carter over it.

I think...

Zombies is a more interesting story.

I think Carter is weaker in comparison but... The Zombie ep just rubbed me wrong.

1. Captain Carter
2. T’Challa Star-Lord
3. Strange Supreme
4. Zombies
5. Fury’s Big Week

1. Fury’s Big Week
2. T’Challa Star-Lord
3. Strange Supreme
4. Zombies
5. Captain Carter

1. T’Challa Star-Lord
2. Strange Supreme
3. Fury’s Big Week
4. Zombies
5. Captain Carter

My rating so far:

Episode 1 / Captain Carter - 6 out of 10
Episode 2 / T’Challa Star Lord - 8
Episode 3 / Fury Big Week - 7
Episode 4 / Strange Supreme - 7.5
Episode 5 / Zombies - 7

Last edited:
I think this episode was the dumbest yet. It had so much of what I've begun to dislike about the MCU. The dumb comedy in serious situations. Ant-Man and the Wasp. Vision and Scarlet Witch. MCU Spider-Man!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"