Marvel's What If...? - General Discussion

As with many series I think we are now heading to the real meat and potatoes of this season.

I expect the overall quality to ramp up soon with the tying of different angles together. I think we might get another 1 or 2 “stand alone” episodes before going big for the last 2.

By the looks of it, it seems that at least 2 or potentially 3 “stand alone” episodes are left in the series:

- Killmonger, Tony Stark, Wakanda… An episode taking place around the events of the Black Panther and the first Iron Man film.

- Party Thor, Ultron robots… This one seems to take place around the Age of Ultron and the first Thor film.

- “Gamora Thanos” ? I think this one is suppose to take place around the events of GOTG and Ragnarok.

- Party Thor, Ultron robots… This one seems to take place around the Age of Ultron and the first Thor film.

I'm thinking this episode actually leads into the Infinity Ultron episode. The Party Thor episode is gonna be mostly stand alone but then a bunch of Ultron bots invade from another universe.

What if… increasing every universe The Watcher watches is doomed to end, what is he gonna do? To salvage at least one universe or let them all self terminate?

Nice. This is building up to a multiverse crossover methinks.

And I suspect this will factor into the Strange sequel.

Now this was a juicy trailer. A lot of pieces coming together and it seems as though that, it’s not only some of the “main” heroes that where introduce earlier making a comeback, but some of the episodes themselves are going to be revisited…

So it could be how this new team comes together. It seems like it’s going to be quite fun putting this team together and not just the Watcher doing all the heavy lifting but the heroes jumping universe to universe interacting with different realities and then drafting the remaining heroes into joining a team.

I liked the footage and the concept a lot. These last episodes should really be a treat for the fans.

At 1:18 there's a brief shot of Ego attacking Quill with one of his energy tendrils. Either this was cut out of episode 2 or we're actually gonna see more of this in an upcoming episode.

Seems like Doctor Strange could be the first one to de drafted by the Watcher to put a team together. It makes sense since he has knowledge and has interacted with the Watcher before.

I theorize that the Watcher at some point in the series decides to intervene because of the fate of the multiverse is at stake, he then goes to Doctor Strange Supreme and gives him a pep talk and a chance to redeem himself.

It also seams that Thor is one of the very first characters to be drafted, maybe the second one… At some point in the trailer Thor and Doctor Strange seem to be in the previous episode universe. I guess this takes place because they are continuing their task to try and recruit more heroes from doomed universes.

Thor says to Doctor Strange:
“- Zombies!? Great idea.”

I feel like this is genuinely Thor’s perception of the situation and he isn’t being sarcastic or anything. Is just that classic type of humor from a character that doesn’t really understand fully what’s going on but is supportive and all for it. :D

I bet DS says to Thor, that they are not really there to recruit zombies(because that’s just dumb:D) but whoever is left and hasn’t been infected, to which Thor answers: “Owww” like we’ve seen in some earlier trailers.

I love it. :yay:

At 1:18 there's a brief shot of Ego attacking Quill with one of his energy tendrils. Either this was cut out of episode 2 or we're actually gonna see more of this in an upcoming episode.
Yeh I saw that too. I remember the Watcher saying that, that particular moment could mean the end of that universe… So maybe it does mean just that and they come in to recruit T’Challa Star Lord since he was the face of that episode.

Was expecting them to save that moment for S2!

So looking at the footage, the final team seems to be:

Doctor Strange Supreme
Thor
T’Challa Star Lord
King Killmonger
Captain Carter
Black Widow
Gamora

Against the big bad:

Ultron Prime wielding the assembled gauntlet and his army of Ultron sentries.

My updated ranking:

1. E6 / Killmonger - 8.5 out of 10
2. E2 / T’Challa Star-Lord - 8 out of 10
3. E4 / Strange Supreme - 8 out of 10
4. E3 / Fury’s Big Week - 7.5 out of 10
5. E5 / Zombies - 7 out of 10
6. E1 / Captain Carter - 6 out of 10

Last edited:
Calling it now: The Watcher will make his live-action debut in Doctor Strange Multiverse of Madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"