MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

Speculation goes both ways, amigo. But, I know in the past Iger did say there should not be 2 Marvels. So that would indicate to me Deadpool is going to be in the MCU. But you're speculating in saying he won't, we're speculating saying he will. It's all speculation.

I'm saying in that quote he didn't. At cinemacon alan horn did a presentation saying that deadpool will stay with fox. Those are facts not my speculation.

If iger said that there wont be two marvels then that is a fact that he said it.

I'm saying in that quote he didn't. At cinemacon alan horn did a presentation saying that deadpool will stay with fox. Those are facts not my speculation.

If iger said that there wont be two marvels then that is a fact that he said it.

Correct, him saying that is a fact. But, the conclusion that Deadpool being at Fox means he is not joining the MCU is speculation. Iger never said "Future Deadpool movies at Fox will not connect to the MCU." He just said Fox would likely be used to distribute. That is literally it.

Correct, him saying that is a fact. But, the conclusion that Deadpool being at Fox means he is not joining the MCU is speculation. Iger never said "Future Deadpool movies at Fox will not connect to the MCU." He just said Fox would likely be used to distribute. That is literally it.

Maybe, but he didn't say anything of the sort about xmen or ff. He just said dark phoenix would be the last iteration of that version.

Also wouldn't distribution of all films come under one umbrella now? Save a huge amount of cost. Why alan horn was doing the presentation at cinemacon for all the disney companies. Rather than each doing their own.

Maybe, but he didn't say anything of the sort about xmen or ff. He just said dark phoenix would be the last iteration of that version.

Also wouldn't distribution of all films come under one umbrella now? Save a huge amount of cost. Why alan horn was doing the presentation at cinemacon for all the disney companies. Rather than each doing their own.

20th Century is the distribution label, but the actual physical and digital distribution is under Walt Disney Motion Pictures.

As for Mr. Pool, I think he'll be handled in a somewhat similar fashion to Spidey, with Feige and his team at Marvel Studios producing his R rated appearances under the 20th Century label with his PG work taking place under the Marvel Studios banner.

If Disney can get Marvel Studios to co-produce a Spider-Man film with Sony, the competition, then I'm sure they can get two companies they own in Fox and Marvel Studios to co-produce a Deadpool and/or, if the rumors are correct, Blade film.

Marvel would probably handle it creatively so that it can connect to the greater MCU and all that, but the film would be filmed, released and labeled primarily as a rated-R Fox film so it is obvious the film is more for the "adult" audience.

This allows for the "One Marvel" approach to the films, but also keeps it in their own seperate pocket of the universe. Sort of like a film approach to the Netflix shows, except Feige would produce them.

Folks, at this point it seems Marvel could adapt any of its properties and make it a success, so I ask you: is there any title in the whole of the 616 history you would like to see adapted but you are also sure it will never even come up in behind the scene discussions?
Feige recently said that nowadays there do not exist any comics which are unfilmable, is he right though?

Obviously I do not mean examples like the Headmen leading their own movie (but now that I think about it...), but characters and concepts that had their own ongoing, mini or one-shot comics.

Fox is a distribution company, and like Marvel Studios, Pixar, or even Disney itself it will have its own specialization for distribution like the others. Technically, everything is Disney that they own. But you won't see a Toy Story movie without that Pixar label. That's effectively what we're talking about here. Slapping the Fox label on it so people know it is not family friendly. That once again doesn't mean Deadpool won't take place within the MCU. It just says there will be a Fox label slapped on it. Nothing more at this point in time. Now, Deadpool's movie may be treated as more isolated from the MCU than say, a Thor or Captain America film due to its R-nature. But simply admitting it will have the Fox label means little outside of the logo being attached to it.

Folks, at this point it seems Marvel could adapt any of its properties and make it a success, so I ask you: is there any title in the whole of the 616 history you would like to see adapted but you are also sure it will never even come up in behind the scene discussions?
Feige recently said that nowadays there do not exist any comics which are unfilmable, is he right though?

Obviously I do not mean examples like the Headmen leading their own movie (but now that I think about it...), but characters and concepts that had their own ongoing, mini or one-shot comics.

It's not 616, but a Marvel property I'd love to see on the big screen is Marvel/Miracleman. I can't see Feige ever touching it. But if Brightburn's low budget take on Dark Superman does ok, Shazam Family Gone Bad could be a good option.

I know we just got Infinity Gauntlet, but I would love to see them go totally crazy and have something like Thanos battling the cosmic beings at some point.

Eh, I don't think we need a Thanos solo, honestly. I think we got everything we needed to out of him as a villain in IW/Endgame and at most, maybe have him and/or his forces cameo in a flashback for Nova or something getting the Power Stone on Xandar. Outside of that, I say move on from Thanos. Making a Thanos movie can harm the mystique of the character. See how great the Star Wars prequel did for Vader's reputation. He's survived it, but you still see people make NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jokes ad naseum.

Eh, I don't think we need a Thanos solo, honestly. I think we got everything we needed to out of him as a villain in IW/Endgame and at most, maybe have him and/or his forces cameo in a flashback for Nova or something getting the Power Stone on Xandar. Outside of that, I say move on from Thanos. Making a Thanos movie can harm the mystique of the character. See how great the Star Wars prequel did for Vader's reputation. He's survived it, but you still see people make NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jokes ad naseum.

Agree. It would be overkill. Audiences would begin to feel that Marvel has no other good villains and so they need to keep going back to this same well to mine him for all he's worth. Plus it would seem as if we're not getting anything new but always dwelling on the past. If they ever were going to do a Thanos solo, they've missed the boat on that one. The time would've been before Infinity War. But IW was essentially his film anyway. Doing it now is like having a Black Widow film now.

IDK, the prequels have been gaining a resurgence in popularity lately. It was mainly the 40-something OOT fanboys who had an issue with them, the generation who they were made for largely enjoyed them.

I think a Thanos movie could easily work.

IDK, the prequels have been gaining a resurgence in popularity lately. It was mainly the 40-something OOT fanboys who had an issue with them, the generation who they were made for largely enjoyed them.

I think a Thanos movie could easily work.

I am neither of those things, and I hate them. Way to generalize :dry:

I'm just saying my general impressions. I wasn't trying to speak for you or anything.

Your general impression was to insult people who hated the prequels by painting them in an insulting fashion. Which again, way to generalize people in insulting ways :up:

It's not like people can hate them for their bad VFX, poor scripting, bad performances, etc. No, it has to be 40 something virgin, basement dwelling Star Wars freaks who hate them because they're nerds. Thanks for your insight.

I was the generation that the prequels were made for at the time they came out, but I never enjoyed them. I found them dull and remember being so bored during Attack of the Clones. Never watched Revenge of the **** either. But then I was never a big fan of the original Star Wars trilogy either. Even the current one I'm not a fan of. The Force Awakens was good, but couldn't get through Rogue One or The Last Jedi.

Your general impression was to insult people who hated the prequels by painting them in an insulting fashion. Which again, way to generalize people in insulting ways :up:

It's not like people can hate them for their bad VFX, poor scripting, bad performances, etc. No, it has to be 40 something virgin, basement dwelling Star Wars freaks who hate them because they're nerds. Thanks for your insight.
You are pulling words out of my mouth. I did not say that. I said "40-something year old OOT fanboys." Perhaps I could have stated it differently. My meaning was that people who grew up with the OT had a preconceived notion of what Star Wars is, and thus when the PT didn't follow that notion they were the most likely ones to go over the top on the hate.

You are pulling words out of my mouth. I did not say that. I said "40-something year old OOT fanboys." Perhaps I could have stated it differently. My meaning was that people who grew up with the OT had a preconceived notion of what Star Wars is, and thus when the PT didn't follow that notion they were the most likely ones to go over the top on the hate.

Would I say people who grew up with TPM being their first SW film being more likely to like the movie? Probably, but that means nothing. I'm a 90s kid. TPM was the first SW film I got to see in the theater. I hated these movies from day 1. I saw them all in the theater in hopes that they'd improve, and to be fair, TPM is the one I hate most, so they DID. But they were still films that were inferior for the reasons I stated in my prior post. Bad film is a bad film regardless of era.

I don't think a Thanos film would be THAT bad given the MCU's track record. But I don't think there is anything to gain from it, either. Thanos was awesome in IW and Endgame. I don't want to see a movie where we're cheering for Thanos essentially. It sort of goes against the point. He's not that type of villain. I have similar feelings about Joker. Someone like Magneto or Doom I could see it as they're not entirely evil, but Thanos is a guy who killed trillions. I don't think a movie cheering that guy on is a good idea. That's my take.

Regardless, I don't think the problem people have with the prequels are that they're prequels. People generally like Rogue One.

Regardless, I don't think the problem people have with the prequels are that they're prequels. People generally like Rogue One.
Agree.

Which is one reason why I think a Thanos movie could work. Then again, I am surely biased, just look at my avatar lol

I just don't think watching a movie cheering for a guy on his noble to kill half his own planet at random to solve some type of issue is a good idea. Then he follows that up by slaughtering planets, kidnapping kids, and abusing them physically and mentally. I see problems positioning this guy as a protagonist.

I just don't think watching a movie cheering for a guy on his noble to kill half his own planet at random to solve some type of issue is a good idea. Then he follows that up by slaughtering planets, kidnapping kids, and abusing them physically and mentally. I see problems positioning this guy as a protagonist.
I agree but then again a significant percentage of people believe that there are too many people and stand close to the villains goals. That he killed half of all life and not just people seems to be just so you can have a scene of hearing birds chirping as if their numbers wouldn't recovery faster than people could reproduce

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"