MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

Kevin Feige deliberately avoided answering any questions about the Netflix characters, even though there were many questions about them. Some of those questions were upvoted, so he must have seen them. Sadly, that tells me he has so plans for them in the future.

Did you mean to say "no plans for them in the future" right there?

He also dodged questions about the FF/X-Men and the Namor/Hulk rights situations. So maybe it is a just he can't comment on it now type of thing. Especially since he cannot develop anything with those characters for 2 years anyway. Regardless if he has plans to do it or if Loeb and co are sending them to Hulu eventually. I'm thinking that is more than likely why he didn't comment.

Last edited:
Kevin Feige deliberately avoided answering any questions about the Netflix characters, even though there were many questions about them. Some of those questions were upvoted, so he must have seen them. Sadly, that tells me he has so plans for them in the future.
On one hand, those are proprieties not under his control (yet?), so not commenting is professional on his part.
On the other hand he may indeed have plans for them but he would not be free to express them anyway.
I'd say we can not rule out anything yet.

Take it with a grain of salt, but...

Kevin Feige Fighting To Make R-Rated Blade Movie With Wesley Snipes

Wesley Snipes, star of the Blade trilogy, has been very vocal about his wish to return to the Marvel universe over the past few years, which has whipped up fan hopes that he could return as the daywalker in the MCU. Luckily for Snipes, Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige has always maintained that he’s open to the idea of revisiting Blade some time in the future. And if our intel’s correct, that time might be nigh.

We Got This Covered has been informed by our source that Feige is “fighting” to get a Blade movie made with Snipes attached to reprise his role. As the man is the head of Marvel Studios, you might be wondering who he’s fighting against. Well, the issue is that Marvel Television also want to use Blade for a live-action series as part of Hulu’s upcoming Spirits of Vengeance group of shows, including Ghost Rider and Helstrom. Our source says they’re not certain which way the final result will swing, but they’re “definitely” sure that the vampire hunter’s going to return.

This update follows on from a story we broke back in March in which we reported that an R-rated Blade film was being developed by Feige, following Disney CEO Bob Iger’s announcement that Marvel Studios was looking to make more R-rated projects besides Deadpool. Since then, Hulu has announced their plans for the aforementioned new Marvel shows, so it’d make sense for this clash to have arisen over the past couple of months.

For clues as to how Feige would treat the hero, he’s described Blade as a “legacy character” in the past, suggesting Snipes would return as a mentor figure and train up his successor. Previous rumors have also pointed to a script having been drafted featuring Eric Brooks training his daughter, Fallon Grey. A movie about a young African-American woman would fit with Feige’s aims to further diversify the franchise, too.

We’ll update you as more on this Blade situation comes in, but it sounds like it should be good news either way. Although, it’s probably a safe bet that, as cool as a Hulu show would be, most fans would prefer that Feige got his wish to resurrect Snipes’ version of the character.

The first two Blade movies weren't great earners at the box office but they did turn in some kind of profit with the low-budget they were made with.

Now I'd rather Blade be a streaming series on Hulu since I think there is no chance Disney will be releasing non-Deadpool R-rated Marvel films anytime soon.

I don't think I would want to see another Blade movie again especially a movie that would lead to a freaking legacy character. Just NO. Also why bring back Wesley Snipes in the same role after all these years? They've recasted Spider-Man, Daredevil, Elektra, Spider-Man, the Hulk and the Punisher when those characters are introduced in the MCU. I don't see why Blade should be an exception especially the third movie was terribly bad and none of the Blade films performed that well globally.

I can see an entire Midnight Sons horror series of movies that are R-rated and released under the Fox banner.

It seems like Midnight Sons is what Hulu may be building towards, though. Given the Hellstrom and Ghost Rider shows. I bet they intend to make that should those shows prove popular.

I can see an entire Midnight Sons horror series of movies that are R-rated and released under the Fox banner.
Yes, it’s time to start working towards Midnight Sons. I would very happy if that was part of the plans.

I'd rather see a Blade on the big screen rather than on Hulu.

The first two Blade movies weren't great earners at the box office but they did turn in some kind of profit with the low-budget they were made with.

Now I'd rather Blade be a streaming series on Hulu since I think there is no chance Disney will be releasing non-Deadpool R-rated Marvel films anytime soon.

Why not have both?

I dont believe anything this website ever post.

There is also that of course.
Let's hope they got this right.

Take it with a grain of salt, but...

Kevin Feige Fighting To Make R-Rated Blade Movie With Wesley Snipes

Bob iger did not say that marvel studios would make r rated movies. He said that fox can. Deadpool is staying with fox. Not joining the mcu. Although some mcu characters might make an appearance.

Bob iger did not say that marvel studios would make r rated movies. He said that fox can. Deadpool is staying with fox. Not joining the mcu. Although some mcu characters might make an appearance.
Too soon to tell, but the Multiverse would permit them to keep Deadpool separate but part of the MCU nonetheless for the time being, leaving them the opportunity to later introduce a 616 version too (PG-616? :oldrazz:).

Not true.

This is his statement they linked to:

“With Fox, we can make movies that right now I say no to. Take Bohemian Rhapsody, which is PG-13. It’s a hit movie and very, very good. But there’s no way we could make it under the Disney label because the characters smoke cigarettes and other content. Nor could we have made [Warner Bros.’ R-rated] Oscar-winning Argo because the characters smoke and use the F-word. We always have to think about the smoking policy. The audience for a Disney movie may not know what they are going to see, but they know what they aren’t going to see. There are certain things we just can’t include because we’ll get letters.”

Alan Horn at cinemacon did a presentation of what titles fox will continue making, one of which was deadpool.

“With Fox, we can make movies that right now I say no to. Take Bohemian Rhapsody, which is PG-13. It’s a hit movie and very, very good. But there’s no way we could make it under the Disney label because the characters smoke cigarettes and other content. Nor could we have made [Warner Bros.’ R-rated] Oscar-winning Argo because the characters smoke and use the F-word. We always have to think about the smoking policy. The audience for a Disney movie may not know what they are going to see, but they know what they aren’t going to see. There are certain things we just can’t include because we’ll get letters.”

Alan Horn at cinemacon did a presentation of what titles fox will continue making, one of which was deadpool.
Well I hope its just gonna be Deadpool 3 to wrap Reynolds' time as Deadpool and to complete a trilogy. I don't want the X-Force that was teased in Deadpool 2 for future films.

The statement that Fox would be used to release a Deadpool movie does not mean Deadpool won't take place within the MCU.

The statement that Fox would be used to release a Deadpool movie does not mean Deadpool won't take place within the MCU.

The article said that bob iger said that marvel studios would make r rated films and linked the quote i posted which says nothing of the sort.

As for fox having their own adult version of the mcu that may have links to the mcu. Maybe. But that is speculation.

I just get pissed off with articles trying to mislead people and using click bait headlines. Because people buy into it then treat it as gospel.

The article said that bob iger said that marvel studios would make r rated films and linked the quote i posted which says nothing of the sort.

As for fox having their own adult version of the mcu that may have links to the mcu. Maybe. But that is speculation.

I just get pissed off with articles trying to mislead people and using click bait headlines. Because people buy into it then treat it as gospel.

Speculation goes both ways, amigo. But, I know in the past Iger did say there should not be 2 Marvels. So that would indicate to me Deadpool is going to be in the MCU. But you're speculating in saying he won't, we're speculating saying he will. It's all speculation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"