MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Feb 7, 2017.

1. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

While I have loved some comics with Thanos as the main character (such as Thanos Quest), I can't see them making a Thanos movie. His quest for the stones was already in Infinity War, we know what gave him his motivations, there is no relationship with Death to explore and his story in the MCU is done. There just isn't a whole lot to do. I could maybe see a single flashback scene about the Titanian Eternals in their movie, but that's it really.

psylockolussus likes this.
  2. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

What are your thoughts on the Joker movie then? Same thing? Just curious because I feel he is in many ways just as bad, if not worse, than Thanos.

3. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

Yes, my thoughts on Joker are exactly the same. I don't want to cheer for him. He is a mass murderer, alluded to rapist, and terrorist. This guy is no hero and I see painting him as a good man turned bad problematic. Thus, I am not terribly interested in Joker. Will I see it? Sure, as I like watching CBMs and discussing them with you guys. But, I am way more excited for other movies. Phoenix I am sure will be awesome in the role, but I just don't like it conceptually. He again is not like a Magneto or Doom where I can see them being positioned as a hero of sorts.

metaphysician and ludovica like this.
  4. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

I understand and to a certain extent agree with that line of thinking. Personally, I'm not that interested in Joker because I like the mystique of the character, but that's a whole nother discussion.

However, I do think some villains could have interesting solo stories. But they have to at least have somewhat sympathetic motivations.

Deathstroke and Loki I think could be a good candidates.

ludovica and Spider-Fan like this.
  5. Detective Conan Registered

6. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

I don't think he requires much thought to be honest. He just needs to show up and make a meta comment about it that breaks the fourth wall, and people will accept him immediately. He's not like the other characters who require far more thought and explanation.

7. ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

Where do the Snaptured people go?
    As they can come back, Thanos may return with a different understanding of the balance of the universe, a more nihilist and "romantically involved" one.
    What may he encounter on the other side?

I am not saying that would be material for a solo movie or that they have to bring him back in the future, but they could, even in a even more comic accurate Mad Titan way.
    If the MCU ever narratively needs him, I think it would not automatically cheapen IF and Endgame, depends on execution.
    Maybe to help stop the Annihilation Wave?

I Am The Knight and KRYPTON INC. like this.
  8. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I know that a big selling point so far has been "It's ALL connected" but I wouldn't mind seeing stuff like the Cosmic Side of the MCU not always have to be tied into what's going on with the Earth based heroes. So if they ever tackle Annihilation or a gloss on that story I wouldn't mind Thanos making a comeback as a player in that story. A PLAYER, mind you, not the focus.

ludovica likes this.
  9. Bach Registered

Yeah, wouldn't be against Thanos returning in the future.

The_Manhunter likes this.
  10. ludovica Daddy Feige notice me!

I can already picture the scene of Star-Lord and Nova (hopefully), probably the two people that most hate Thanos in the MCU, having to gamble bringing him back.
    Throw the Surfer and BRB into that, Make Mine Marvel!

11. HunBoy Captain Hungary

"She may be called Scarlet Witch, but Wanda's powers aren't derived from the occult."

[​IMG]

12. I Am The Knight Tonight's a good night.

Yes, he can come back. They said that when you get snapped, you're only "kinda" gone :hehe:

13. Erzengel |-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

So the following is the next 4K releases for MCU:

Captain Marvel - 6/11
    Avengers: Endgame - 8/20
    Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Thor, Thor: Dark World - 8/20 (Tentative to coincide with Endgame)

Just missing GOTG, Ant-Man & Dr. Strange.

Kuwolski likes this.
  14. Mike Murdock Registered

I saw a rumor at CBM that Marvel might be wanting to adapt the Al Ewing Ultimates as a team exploring the multiverse. Of course, in typical CBM fashion, the headline just talked about the multiverse and Ultimates and had a picture of Ultimate Scarlet Witch to make you think they were talking about Mark Millar's Ultimates, but I digress.

It got me thinking that, maybe, the time is right for a Squadron Supreme movie. Or, alternatively, have the Ultimates go to the Squadron's Earth and encounter a world where superheroes rule to create an oppressive paradise.

15. Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

If they bring in Kang, they can introduce the Squadron Sinister to fight the Avengers. It can be an adaptation of this (but with different heroes now, obviously):

[​IMG]

They already have Grandmaster from Thor Ragnarok, so he would be easy to reintroduce as Kang's opponent.

And then they could even have this story from the next issue:

[​IMG]

It would give the Avengers the chance to battle the Invaders (who never existed in the MCU but could potentially exist in another timeline). They might have to feature Ant-Man instead of Yellowjacket, and I'm not sure how they'll bring back Vision. But they could also have Chris Evans cameo as Cap.

THORin likes this.
  16. Relugus Registered

I don't think you can have him interact with the serious characters like T'challa, Bucky, Strange, or Wanda as it would cheapen and degrade their characters.

#1666 Relugus, May 26, 2019
    Last edited: May 26, 2019
  17. Relugus Registered

1. Kevin Feige begs to differ:

Her powers, she’s never had any training, I’m talking about Scarlet Witch. She never had any training; she’s figuring it out. Arguably, you could say that that’s why her powers are much more chaotic and much looser in the way that we showcased those light effects. In , some of what you might see today, even the cover of Entertainment Weekly, it’s much tighter. It’s all about focus. It’s all about pulling energies from other dimensions in an organized and purposeful fashion, which is why they can do a lot more than she can in, at least, a much more precise way.

18. Abudefduf Registered

Is it me or does Marvel love "considering" relegating diverse characters to TV/streaming.

Just make an Ultimates movie, you cowards. If a team of uber-powerful superheroes fighting galactic threats doesn't deserve its own movie then I don't know what does.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Just look at them. Confining them to television would be a crime.

#1669 Abudefduf, May 26, 2019
    Shuri and flickchick85 like this.
  19. Blade Hoarder Registered

Eh? The Avengers was essentially the Ultimates but with the cringy, try hard elements taken out. Or are they referring to something else?

#1670 Blade Hoarder, May 26, 2019
  20. Abudefduf Registered

Lol you're thinking of the Ultimate universe, which was indeed terrible. The Ultimates is a team of superheroes formed specifically to fight cosmic threats.

21. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Nothing in that statement says she's occult powered either. One could say any Mutant that shows up on Xavier's doorstep has no training in their powers either... Doesn't automatically make them magical/mystical/sorcerer/occult based.

22. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Comments like those make it seem so clear that she should be in a Doctor Strange movie!

23. Mike Murdock Registered

They're referring to the Al Ewing book.

That being said, I can see the appeal of an alt-universe Avengers to bring back some dead characters - it's just far less appealing.

24. JimThompson Registered

[​IMG]