MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

I've been thinking about the Hulk lately and I'm still hoping that things work out to where we get another Hulk film in Phase Four.

^ I doubt we will. I think they're finding out that as a "hero" he works better as part of an ensemble.

I've been thinking about the Hulk lately and I'm still hoping that things work out to where we get another Hulk film in Phase Four.
Idk with all the contracting and distribution rights with universal who knows if we'll get one.

^ I doubt we will. I think they're finding out that as a "hero" he works better as part of an ensemble.

Well it wouldn't be impossible to create an ensemble within his own film.

Yeah, I have kinda given up hope for another Hulk solo at this point. Don't see Universal giving Marvel the rights and don't see Marvel making one when Universal would share the profits. Hulk is one of my favourite comic book characters ever, so it pisses me off, but you just have to accept it at the moment.

How freaking long would Universal continue to hold the distribution rights? They should expire at some point soon I would think.

Definitely, their scene in TWS hit all the right notes. Her dying off screen in CWZ was all the more disappointing after that.

I disagree. There would be no point in bringing Peggy back for Civil War if they're just going to kill her off within seconds. At her age, she was going to die at any moment so her death being offscreen would be more gut-wrenching, especially for Steve knowing that he will never see her again in life.

I disagree. There would be no point in bringing Peggy back for Civil War if they're just going to kill her off within seconds. At her age, she was going to die at any moment so her death being offscreen would be more gut-wrenching, especially for Steve knowing that he will never see her again in life.

Agree to disagree then, i think her death would have been much more effective if Steve was at her side when it happened. Steve could have found out then that Sharon was her niece and it would have given them something more to bond over. I think it could have helped the story massively

Don't forget Peggy dying off screen.

If they were going to kill Peggy off, then she should have died onscreen imo, preferably with Steve by her side. A bit cliché, sure. But appropriate given their connection, oh heck yes!

I feel like peggy dying off screen was realistic, we rarely get the luxury of being with a loved one when they pass.

It's also more impactful for Steve since he doesn't even get the closure of saying goodbye.

It's also more impactful for Steve since he doesn't even get the closure of saying goodbye.

Exactly, it would have been much more impactful.

Sorry i don't get this argument that her dying off screen is more realistic either, the same film has a giant man in the middle of an airport battle between multiple superheroes. They didn't care too much about realism with the rest.

Think mike was saying it was more impactful that he didn't get het to say goodbye. And mybe realistic is wrong word but i see nothing wrong with peggy dying off screen.

I feel like peggy dying off screen was realistic, we rarely get the luxury of being with a loved one when they pass.

I agree! We always see the loved ones in films dying in the arms of the hero or the like, the same cliché every time. I love how Peggy's death was handled. It feels real and thus also even more sad.

Exactly, it would have been much more impactful.

Sorry i don't get this argument that her dying off screen is more realistic either, the same film has a giant man in the middle of an airport battle between multiple superheroes. They didn't care too much about realism with the rest.

That's two different kinds of realism/fantasy in my opinion. That's pretty much what Marvel is known for in the comics. Fantasy stories and spectacle but with real life feelings, struggles and so on (think: Peter Parker/Spider-Man). The way Peggy's death was handled was in my opinion the right way to use realism in a fantasy setting.

For me the problem with the scene is just that it wasn't given much time/focus in the film. I think we'd have got that in a Cap 3. That's nothing against Civil War which is still my favourite MCU film but just how I think things would have panned out.

That's two different kinds of realism/fantasy in my opinion. That's pretty much what Marvel is known for in the comics. Fantasy stories and spectacle but with real life feelings, struggles and so on (think: Peter Parker/Spider-Man). The way Peggy's death was handled was in my opinion the right way to use realism in a fantasy setting.

Agree to disagree, I have been at the side of loved ones when they passed, and not been for others, either way would be realistic for me,

For me the problem with the scene is just that it wasn't given much time/focus in the film. I think we'd have got that in a Cap 3. That's nothing against Civil War which is still my favourite MCU film but just how I think things would have panned out.

Agreed, a Cap 3 would have focused more on her death and the impact it had on Cap, but there wasn't much time for that in CW.

An added bit of tragedy, I feel, with Peggy dying off-screen is that it makes the last encounter in Winter Soldier all the more tragic since her Alzheimer's kicked in right as Steve had finished.

So Planet Hulk elements are being taken into the Thor:Ragnarok plot, but what other Hulk stories would people like to see play out on film?

So Planet Hulk elements are being taken into the Thor:Ragnarok plot, but what other Hulk stories would people like to see play out on film?

Well, depending on how Ragnorak ends, WWH is a possibility. Future Imperfect would be great if they ever wanted to do time travel. Would love to see Skaar at some point as well.

Take crossroads and inject it into a Dr. Strange plot.

Well, depending on how Ragnorak ends, WWH is a possibility. Future Imperfect would be great if they ever wanted to do time travel. Would love to see Skaar at some point as well.

Take crossroads and inject it into a Dr. Strange plot.

Oh, damn you guys may have stumbled upon an even better crossover story.

Hulk appears in a Doctor Strange sequel, and once Strange get's the Eye of Agamotto back he sends Hulk into a Future Imperfect/Crossroads hybrid. Also aging Hulks body until he looks like Maestro.

Oh, damn you guys may have stumbled upon an even better crossover story.

Hulk appears in a Doctor Strange sequel, and once Strange get's the Eye of Agamotto back he sends Hulk into a Future Imperfect/Crossroads hybrid. Also aging Hulks body until he looks like Maestro.

Ha ha

I would absolutely LOVE to see Maestro, that's why I suggested FI. You know, also, I would mind them doing Red Hulk at some point. As I think they would do it better than the comics did.

As someone who has had to do just that with my dad, I can tell you that its definitely no luxury and, if I'm honest, sometimes I wish that I hadn't been there as it was the most harrowing experience of my life.

But nevertheless, yeah, it is rare and I think it was definitely the right decision to have Peggy pass off-screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"