MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

As someone who has had to do just that with my dad, I can tell you that its definitely no luxury and, if I'm honest, sometimes I wish that I hadn't been there as it was the most harrowing experience of my life.

But nevertheless, yeah, it is rare and I think it was definitely the right decision to have Peggy pass gas off-screen.

Once Cap caught wind of that decision, he probably agreed too.

Yep. That's nice. I like his comments about Brolan, which confirms there are no clauses in Marvel films prohibiting them from appearing in other films.

That's great as long as they don't get the Mickey Rourke treatment.

Curious as to which films would already have people cast. Infinity War, Ant-Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel maybe? Probably the only ones

I hope they do get more Hollywood legends. But if they really wanted to get some from the golden era of Hollywood, there are probably not that many of them left. Someone like Kirk Douglas is already 100. I don't know if he would even have the strength to act.

I'd like people like Sean Connery or Clint Eastwood, but they're pretty old themselves, and Connery has retired. Eastwood also never plays in anyone else's films except the ones he makes himself via his own company, Malpaso.

I hope they do get more Hollywood legends. But if they really wanted to get some from the golden era of Hollywood, there are probably not that many of them left. Someone like Kirk Douglas is already 100. I don't know if he would even have the strength to act.

I'd like people like Sean Connery or Clint Eastwood, but they're pretty old themselves, and Connery has retired. Eastwood also never plays in anyone else's films except the ones he makes himself via his own company, Malpaso.

That's why all of the people I mentioned fit. All of them are still active. Not sure who any of them could play, except Hanks, who I could see playing JJ Jameson in Homecoming 2.

I don't think Morgan Freeman would be a very big get, because he's already been in the Dark Knight movies, so it feels like he's already been there and done that. It wouldn't look as impressive as getting the others on that list, or getting someone like Robert Redford for Winter Soldier.

Also, based on Denzel's film history, he might be hard to get. He's not against playing a bad guy as he's done it before. That's not the issue. It's the fact that he's never done a franchise movie before. He's always one and done.

Hanks IMO, would be a huge get. He already has a relationship with Disney via Toy Story.

Hmmm.....Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise (although Cruise doesn't need one).

That's my AARP FF dreamcast!

Tom Hanks is Reed Richards
Denzel Washington is Ben Grimm
Meryl Street is Sue Storm
Tom Cruise is Johnny Storm

with Morgan Freeman as Victor von Doom.

Well, after a brief lull because my brother was home and Rogue One came out on BD, I got back to my MCU movie marathon tonight with it being AOU's turn. Sad to say, even 2 years on, and as a big Joss Whedon fan, I find this movie frustrating and disappointing, and unfortunately is just gets worse with repeat viewings for me. Ultron himself is still a huge let down, and the movie just never feels like it has any stakes or danger to the heroes. You just don't feel it was mad enough with love like the first movie, it's a real shame as the ingredients were there for a really good sequel. It's not terrible or anything, just a big disappointment overall for me. The opening and The Vision are the best parts.

Next up is Ant Man, which I love, so hope it's held up over the past 2 years.

Denzel could always be a one and done baddie.

Hmmm.....Tom Hanks, Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, Meryl Streep, Tom Cruise (although Cruise doesn't need one).

I still want Cruise to be a veteran Hal Jordan in the DCEU. Morgan Freeman is my pick for Silvermane in the Spidey films. There's several great potential roles for Denzel, but he's the least likely to do it, IMO. Hanks is the hardest to cast in a CBM, if you ask me.

Honestly all I can think of is JK Simmons for Jonah. It doesn't just have to be Spidey's homecoming :')

Feige on the MCU post Avengers 4

http://collider.com/marvel-phase-4-movies-kevin-feige/#mcu

“We’ve been lucky that [contract expirations] haven’t factored in too much. We’ve had people under contract for certain films, then we’ve had new ideas and new directions like Civil War like we wanted to do, and we’ve been lucky enough to make new contracts. Or Spider-Man: Homecoming, the cast has been awesome in their enthusiasm for the direction and the storylines that we’ve been telling. So it really does, right now, all start with where we wanna take the stories. Certainly as we get to Infinity War there is a sense of a climax if not a conclusion to, by the time we’re at untitled Avengers 4, the 22 movies that will have encompassed the first three phases of the MCU. And what happens after that will be very different. I don’t know if it’s Phase 4, it might be a new thing.”

“We’re not actively discussing anything past untitled Avengers, other than we’ve dated Spider-Man: Homecoming 2—which that would not be the title but that’s what we would call it—because that’s the agreement we made with Sony for the inclusion of Spidey in the Avengers films, and James Gunn doing a third Guardians of the Galaxy at some point. But really the whole focus of Marvel Studios is, counting Guardians 2, the next eight films that are gonna take up all of our time.”

“We have an idea [of what the MCU looks like post-Infinity War], and it’s gonna be very, very different.”

I would have thought the likes of Black Panther, Cap Marvel and Strange might get sequels (if successful) however the new MCU pans out.

I would have thought the likes of Black Panther, Cap Marvel and Strange might get sequels (if successful) however the new MCU pans out.

I'm sure they will. Along with a third Spider-man and Ant-Man film.

I'd say at this point Strange will definitely be getting a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"