MCU: The Marvel Cinematic Universe Official Discussion - Part 5

Discussion in 'Marvel Films' started by Thread Manager, Feb 7, 2017.

1. psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Same here. The Avengers is their event movie series where the who's who of the MCU show up for that big crossover. Also, the Avengers have a long history of rotating team members/rosters in the comics. I don't know why they would not want to do that in the mcu. They aren't getting rid of it. A4 earned 2.6b and they aren't gonna put it in the backburner and have The Ultimates replace it.

Iceman, Tymminator and THORin like this.
  2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Not that site again. :dry:

I had a feeling it was going to be them but I thought people had stopped linking them. Another unnecessary click I gave them. :csad:

Grateful if people can say if a link is from there so I can ignore it, thanks. :cwink:

Art Freak, Xeno and THORin like this.
  3. Gamma Goliath Engine of Destruction

That site runs way too many big headlines with no proof to back up the scoops.

Tymminator and Iceman like this.
  4. moreorless Registered

I suspect what you will see is Marvel pushing the idea the Avengers concept is dead so when it does return the reformation itself is a big dramatic event.

The_Manhunter likes this.
  5. Tymminator The Main Man in Minnesota

I doubt Avengers is going anywhere, just the roster will change.

6. Zarex Registered

A Thunderbolts film could provide a strong incentive for a reformed Avengers team. Ross, Ghost, Abomination, Hammer, Zemo and others get too heavy handed in their superheroing and the Avengers have to reassemble to shut that sh** down.

7. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

When anything happens they will be right because they have already claimed every possibility as a headline within the last couple of months! :D

THORin likes this.
  8. Willie Lumpkin Trophy Husband

:funny: I actually think some sites play that game. "Look! We were right about this thing. We were wrong about 1000 other things, but We were right about this thing!"

Iceman likes this.
  9. Relugus Registered

Except its the perfect setup for Strange to show he is "the best of us" by defying a spiteful and amoral Agamotto.

10. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Regargless whether or not you feel "it's a perfect set up" that statement by Feige says nothing one way or the other on the subject in regards to exactly what does or does not underlay her powers. What we know for certain so far in the MCU is that the Ifinity Stone Hydra had access to played a significant if not sole reason she has powers. That's all that's been given any play so far.

11. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

Not gonna click it. Sorry... Too many people posting junk articles lately.

Art Freak and Shuri like this.
  12. Shuri Smartest person in the MCU.

13. Detective Conan Registered

Who or what can Reeves be possibly being sought out to play? If any of you are well-versed in the Eternals(which I suspect is very few of the people posting in this forum) then may I ask for any suggestions/speculation on what role Reeves is being approached to play.

14. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

Pretty sure they'll be returning as The New Avengers.

15. SirStrangefolk Champion of Life

People seem to be suggesting Druig.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

THORin likes this.
  16. THORin Registered

I imagine he’s playing Druig, assuming this rumor turns out to be true.

17. The_Manhunter Zack Snyder & MCU Fan

Random question, but after EG, do we think Feige consider Agent Carter a canon part of his MCU?

18. SPO2 Dalisay Back in the service

Feige, no. But then again he has not gone out of his way to contradict what has been on the ABC Agents shows. Showing Steve go back to a house with a 40's era civilian automobile as the place setting thus allows for the Agent Carter episodes to have happened where as having her in WWII uniform would not have

Shoppy likes this.
  19. Darkprime Registered

Feige produced agent carter so if any show is MCU its that one.

20. MarvelRudi Registered

They also included Jarvis so it should be assumed that it's part of the universe

21. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos

Yeah Agent Carter is definitely canon.

I mean honestly all of the shows are until we hear otherwise... but AC in particular was Fiege’s brainchild.

THORin likes this.
  22. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Its better to look at them less from a "Are they canon or not" binary perspective, but a "How compatible are they" spectrum. Shows aren't either compatible or not, because not all compatibility issues are equally important.

Going by that standard? Agent Carter is high compatibility, with basically no issues fitting with the movies at all Cloak & Dagger and Runaways come next, having maybe a few implicit issues but nothing particularly problematic. Then comes the Defenders stuff, which are largely fine, but have tight ties together which makes the one truly important problem ( the Hand ) a problem for them all. Then comes Agents of SHIELD and Inhumans fighting for last place, as they both have dire compatibility issues in the multiple.

23. SPO2 Dalisay Back in the service

I think that Agents of SHIELD tried something that had never been done before, just as ground breaking as a 22 movie series following multiple lead characters. The integration of The Winter Soldier to the Turn, Turn Turn episode was truly new. Spending two episodes to be the equivalent of what Rogue One was to Star Wars to set up the initial Avengers raid on the Sokovia Hydra base was a thing of beauty.

But from that point with AoS having Coulson refurbish the battle damaged helicarrier for Fury on forward things started to fall apart. Ultimately concluding with the AoS show runners trying to guess how Infinity War would play out and missing in their reading of how the public movie trailers fit into the story.

That the Inhumans miniseries ignored what AoS had already laid down about the public reaction to Inhumans when in Hawaii and even the look of terrigenisis, maybe to save money on a cocoon, boggles the mind.

24. Fallen I'm done running from my past.