MCU X-Men - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It first happened back in 2014 on their sitcom, Good Luck Charlie: http://defamer.gawker.com/the-disney-channel-finally-introduces-a-gay-couple-1510774349

They also had a 13 year old boy come out as gay on one of their shows last year: https://deadline.com/2017/10/disney-channel-andi-mack-character-come-out-gay-1202194584/

Its 2018 and Disney isnt the same company we all grew up with back in the 90s and 00s. They are far more progressive and being gay is treated like a normal thing now. Its not a taboo subject that the company is scared to touch out of fear of corrupting the poor innocent children

Oh right thanks. Didn't know about any of those. Yes, on that basis it does seem Disney are gradually moving with the times.

Probably something like this in white

8dqnlq7znrl01.jpg

Eh...that's too rugged-looking for Mystique. I'd rather they give her a full suit like Black Widow as far as that goes.

Eh...that's too rugged-looking for Mystique. I'd rather they give her a full suit like Black Widow as far as that goes.

Another boring SHIELD jumpsuit, which is just as boring as the Singer black leather jumpsuits?

No thanks. I'd rather have the white dress with the skulls. I don't want her looking like any kind of agent.

Another boring SHIELD jumpsuit, which is just as boring as the Singer black leather jumpsuits?

No thanks. I'd rather have the white dress with the skulls. I don't want her looking like any kind of agent.

a full suit doesnt mean she has to be dressed in Shield cosplay

mystique-bigcostume5.jpg

Mystique-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Raven-Darkholme-g.jpg

d489453562e41e206490a587546e213c-d76h8ry.jpg

mystique-bigcostume5.jpg

What would be the purpose of a suit like that, though? Unless it's for protection, I don't see why she would wear one.

I'd be fine with she wearing just normal clothes.

mystique-bigcostume5.jpg

The only one I'd want to see of those is the bottom one. That's because it looks closest to the classic white dress. The other two look bland.

The bottom one is what I would expect an MCU take on her classic costume to look like

It will never not be weird that Mystique can mimick clothes when she shapeshift. What would happen if someone ripped them off of her? Would she feel pain?

It will never not be weird that Mystique can mimick clothes when she shapeshift. What would happen if someone ripped them off of her? Would she feel pain?

The default answer would be "yes", unless there's some BS technobabble to the contrary.
That's why her Fox look is so good. It actually makes sense.

The default answer would be "yes", unless there's some BS technobabble to the contrary.
That's why her Fox look is so good. It actually makes sense.

Except she had to go and wear clothes on top of it all the time when she ought to have been mimicking those clothes. That didn't make any sense.

I don't think Disney are ever going to have her walk around naked, even though she's been doing that for the past 18 years and is probably the image that the general audience have of her.

So, how should the huge number of characters be handled? I think it's very important to start with only 6 X-Men + Xavier. Say Marvel Girl, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops, Beast and Colossus OR a mandatory Wolverine.
There should be a coherent idea of how much younger Nightcrawler, Havok and Magik are than their siblings so writers know when to bring them in. Banshee should also be brought in quickly so he can grow up and have a daughter they'll inevitably want to use.
Should the school remain the center of the series once the first class graduates? Should Scott, Jean, Beast, etc. act as superheroes while at college and call themselves "X-Force"?

Feige has already said on more than one interview that LGBTQ representation is coming soon in the MCU.

Yep, he did. He said it's coming from both characters we already know and characters yet to be introduced. And since he said that before the deal, he's probably not even counting the FOX properties. So there will be even more coming.

Or he'll give up a few to prioritize more relevant ones, like Raven.

Yep, he did. He said it's coming from both characters we already know and characters yet to be introduced. And since he said that before the deal, he's probably not even counting the FOX properties. So there will be even more coming.

And Bobby :)

What would be the purpose of a suit like that, though? Unless it's for protection, I don't see why she would wear one.

I'd be fine with she wearing just normal clothes.

fashion? Why does she wear what she wears in the books? She does it bc she likes it

The only one I'd want to see of those is the bottom one. That's because it looks closest to the classic white dress. The other two look bland.

IDA. I think the middle looks more like it

mystique-clipart-superhero-693310-3043174.jpg

Last edited:

Are all the gay characters over at Fox?

So, how should the huge number of characters be handled? I think it's very important to start with only 6 X-Men + Xavier. Say Marvel Girl, Storm, Rogue, Cyclops, Beast and Colossus OR a mandatory Wolverine.
There should be a coherent idea of how much younger Nightcrawler, Havok and Magik are than their siblings so writers know when to bring them in. Banshee should also be brought in quickly so he can grow up and have a daughter they'll inevitably want to use.
Should the school remain the center of the series once the first class graduates? Should Scott, Jean, Beast, etc. act as superheroes while at college and call themselves "X-Force"?
Uh, yes. The school can function as high-school/College like Ultimate X-Men. Also, I kind of want to see the school only have a small student body when the series starts. Maybe only the X-Men roster and a couple of other mutants like Kitty, Forge, Darwin and Bobby.

Rouge needs proper development and should join in X-Men 2: Brotherhood and Colossus is being used in Deadpool

Banshee is a contemporary of Xavier. He shouldnt have to grow up in order to have a daughter. Siryn isnt important to the mythos but if she is to be included, she should already have been born

And no to the oriignals going by X-Force. X-force represents something specific and its not them

I don't think I want to see Mystique for the first three X-Men films. Bastion, Sinister, Mastermold, Nimrod, Omega Red, Spiral, Madelyn Pyror, Selene, Nikolai and even Apocalypse. These are the villains that I want to see in the MCU. Also can't believe how Fox couldn't squeeze Avalanche in any movies. His ability is something easy to showcase.

Uh, yes. The school can function as high-school/College like Ultimate X-Men. Also, I kind of want to see the school only have a small student body when the series starts.

:gngl:

Rouge needs proper development and should join in X-Men 2: Brotherhood and Colossus is being used in Deadpool

Why would Colossus being an X-Man who lives at the school in Deadpool prevent him from doing the same in X-Men films? And who should be the third girl if not Rogue? You need sex balance and she's very popular.

Banshee is a contemporary of Xavier.

That just doesn't work. An Irishman who flies by yelling at the ground isn't something that just goes unnoticed for 11+ years of MCU time. He needs to be young, and therefore introduced early (but not in the first film).

That just doesn't work. An Irishman who flies by yelling at the ground isn't something that just goes unnoticed for 11+ years of MCU time. He needs to be young, and therefore introduced early (but not in the first film).

There are plenty of them in Ireland, especially Northern Ireland even now. They think that everyone notices them, but people pay them no attention but just assume it's the drunk Irishman in the corner. :o

:gngl:

Why would Colossus being an X-Man who lives at the school in Deadpool prevent him from doing the same in X-Men films? And who should be the third girl if not Rogue? You need sex balance and she's very popular.
Because the Colossus in Deadpool is too old to be in a relationship with Kitty Pryde and Peter starts off as a teenager/young adult too. I don't see how he can mesh with a younger X-Men.

And yeah, you do but you can fill that slot with Kitty or Jubilee or both.

I don't think Disney are ever going to have her walk around naked, even though she's been doing that for the past 18 years and is probably the image that the general audience have of her.

General Audiences have only seen Xavier in a wheelchair. General Audiences have mostly seen the X-men in black costumes.

And who should be the third girl if not Rogue? You need sex balance and she's very popular.

As a Rogue fan I don't need her to show up in the first movie. There's far more "important" X-men than her.

OR maybe he wasnt going around yelling at the top of his lungs everywhere he goes? He has a rather annoying power and was likely mindful of how he utilized it. If they tie in his history as being an Interpol agent, there's ways to tie him to having a secret past with Nick Fury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"