Modern Warfare 3 reveal in 5 days - Part 1

With Gamefly you can keep it as long as you want. No late fees.
Yeah, I've had the Splinter Cell HD trilogy for almost a month now. I usually like to send it back after a couple of days after I receive it if I platinum the game right away. That's how I managed to save a lot of money while getting a lot of platinum trophies during the summer. It also let me try out games that I normally wouldn't pay for.

With Gamefly you can keep it as long as you want. No late fees.

But there's a monthly fee of 8 bucks or something right? :(

So even if I pay 8 dollars to get my first game I'll have to pay that fee every month to hold onto the game just for the service right?

Last Time I checked it was more like $15. First month is free though, i think.

No, i was subscribed around three years ago. I remember it being something like $15 a month.

No, i was subscribed around three years ago. I remember it being something like $15 a month.

Oh I see then yeah its still out of my reach at the moment then. :(

I'll just wait until I have enough to buy it as I'll be putting in a good amount of hours into the MP.

Gamefly is currently $15.95 for a one game a month service, though you could get a 10 day trial for free, one a deal for $7.95 for the first month. But what I did was act like I was going to cancel after my first month, and they said they'd offer a free month if I stood. So I did that with both of my accounts and ended up getting a month of free service.

But yeah, $15.95 is not as expensive as $60, considering you an play more games for less. Imagine you rented 3 games in a month for just $16 as opposed to if you paid for every game you played, that'd be really expensive. But then again, it also comes down to how often you would rent and how much time you can put into playing before you decide its time to move on.

So the IGN review will be posted at Midnight P.T. I am predicting a 9.5

Gamefly is currently $15.95 for a one game a month service, though you could get a 10 day trial for free, one a deal for $7.95 for the first month. But what I did was act like I was going to cancel after my first month, and they said they'd offer a free month if I stood. So I did that with both of my accounts and ended up getting a month of free service.

But yeah, $15.95 is not as expensive as $60, considering you an play more games for less. Imagine you rented 3 games in a month for just $16 as opposed to if you paid for every game you played, that'd be really expensive. But then again, it also comes down to how often you would rent and how much time you can put into playing before you decide its time to move on.

Yeah I mean I put in a lot of time in the multiplayer and would like to have it for over a year so in this case Gamefly wouldn't be the better financial option.

I've put in a crazy amount of hours in this series as a whole so buying would be the best move for me.

But thanks for recommending the option. Definitely a great service if you intend on playing single player campaign only though.

So the IGN review will be posted at Midnight P.T. I am predicting a 9.5

If they do an 8.5 then they clearly just want attention. :p

Anything less than 9 and my head will explode

Yeah I mean I put in a lot of time in the multiplayer and would like to have it for over a year so in this case Gamefly wouldn't be the better financial option.

I've put in a crazy amount of hours in this series as a whole so buying would be the best move for me.

But thanks for recommending the option. Definitely a great service if you intend on playing single player campaign only though.
No problem. And yeah, some games are worth buying. Like I decided to get Arkham City, Uncharted 3, and will soon get Assassin's Creed Revelations because those are 3 series that I love and expected great games that I want to have in my collection. But with MW3, I've never been a big fan of FPS games and MP doesn't draw me in like others, so I just had this in my queue and they just so happened to send it. So I'll play the campaign and then send it back because there's a bunch of other new releases that I want to check out, like Skyrim. I don't know much about that game but I want to see what the hype is and maybe if I like it and see that I'll devote a lot of time to it, then maybe i'll consider buying it.

Just got back. My Gamestop was packed. I even saw my physics teacher from high school there. Talk about awkward.

im just getting it on steam..i aint waiting outside a shop for a game!..when it releases,ill play it.
till then i have sonic generations keeping me happy anyway...stopped playing battlefield 3 when i got sonic!

Just finished the campaign. Got home from UK launch and played it right through. It's good, better than MW2, but still a far cry from the original.

It's really good. I had to stop playing so I could go to bed, but tomorrow my conquest continues!!! I'm very impressed so far. Survival mode is a whole lotta fun!!!

Is call of duty elite really worth the $50? I cant find much information about it and what all comes with it. If its just another fancy way to view your stats then I'll pass.

Is call of duty elite really worth the $50? I cant find much information about it and what all comes with it. If its just another fancy way to view your stats then I'll pass.
Yes it does contain stats, but it also is a tool to help you get better at playing MP. I haven't fully immersed myself in it yet, because a year of Elite came with the Hardened Edition. For all that you get with the Hardened Edition it was WELL worth the $100. You get the game, a full year of Elite, and all 3 map packs are included ($45 savings right there). I'm not quite sure, however, if you subscribe to Elite after the fact, if you get the map packs for free or not. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

Yes it does contain stats, but it also is a tool to help you get better at playing MP. I haven't fully immersed myself in it yet, because a year of Elite came with the Hardened Edition. For all that you get with the Hardened Edition it was WELL worth the $100. You get the game, a full year of Elite, and all 3 map packs are included ($45 savings right there). I'm not quite sure, however, if you subscribe to Elite after the fact, if you get the map packs for free or not. Maybe someone else can shed some light on that.

Part of the appeal of Elite is that you get the map packs, so if you pay for Elite, you're getting the map packs. It's a packaged deal so you're not really getting them for free.

Still waiting on Fedex to get my copy.:csad:

Thanks guys I think I'll pass on the service, I thought it was maybe dedicated servers for more stable matches and weapons custimization and stuff of that nature. Stats are cool and most DLC maps in the past didnt really interest me.

Part of the appeal of Elite is that you get the map packs, so if you pay for Elite, you're getting the map packs. It's a packaged deal so you're not really getting them for free.

Still waiting on Fedex to get my copy.:csad:
For what you get with Elite, I still think it's a great deal considering that the service alone is worth more than $5, minus the $45 in total, for the map packs. I was always under the impression that the service alone was $50 a year, and you get the Map Packs as a bonus. Either way it's worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
picamon
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"