Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Part 2

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Nathan

Nathan ...

That looked great, for the most part. So, Ermac is like a Ninja Zombie. Actually not happy to see video game moves like Kung Lao Teleporting and Liu Kang throwing fireballs. And god... why.... WHY?!

[​IMG]

2. Balthus Dire

Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

I didnt hear the audio yet, but apart from Sub Zero's incredibad outfit the other stuff looks pretty great. The cinematography looks fantastic.

And, personally, I love that they put the specials in. Seeing Scorpion do his teleport was epic.

3. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

Looking good. :up:

4. Nathan

Nathan ...

I don't mind the special moves for obvious super natural characters, like Scorpion. But I liked that P. Anderson kept the human cast grounded. Made the movie less video gamy.

5. sweetre15

sweetre15 Positive Page

It's hilarious that even Liu Kang turned heel before John Cena lmao..wrestling humorXD

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

:word::word:This is sweet

7. Rocanrol

Rocanrol Psiconautiq

Hated the look of the motocross ninja. Even in season one, the upper armor and mask were ok. The loose gray parts, didn't feel quite warrior-assasin. This one, either.

8. Matt

Matt IKYN Guy Groupie

Wait, Liu Kang is a villain? :dry:

On the bright side, I love that they have movie Shang Tsung back. :woot:

9. enterthemadness

enterthemadness The Triumvirate

:cmad: Matt, are you excited for CASPER VAN DIEN TIME?!

I wonder who will be in the movie?

10. venom892

venom892 Coming Home

Liu Kang seems to be out for himself. Not on either side.

11. Balthus Dire

Balthus Dire Punishment Continues

Johnny Cage does a shadow kick in MK1. Liu Kang also does a little fireball and bicycle kick. So, they still had their moves.

But they were more grounded than this seems to be, that's true.

12. Nathan

Nathan ...

Even Johnny Cage's Shadow kick was forgiving, because I thought they made Scorpion's teleport affect him. He looked like he was bending space and time when Johnny tried to kick him, it gave him all that afterimage effect, that essentially looked like the shadow kick.

13. Matt Mortem

Matt Mortem RIP Hype Forums

Good God, let that man make a MK movie already. **** that looks cool. Sooo ****ing cool!!!!

14. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I have to disagree with the powers. To me that's along the lines of the first movie and the first Street Fighter which cheaped out on that aspect in my opinion. Legacy might not be perfect, but it seems to have a much better handle on a property like this. Personally I think Kung Lao's teleportation was one of the highlights of the trailer. I'd even love to see Johnny do his shadow kick and fireballs.

I agree that Sub-zero looks pretty wonky though. He looks pretty cheap, even for a web series. Plus it looks worse next to Scorpion whose suit looks miles better. My hope is Subs is a similar case to Sektor and Cyrax in the Legacy S1 trailer in that the FX is added in later. Maybe we'll get lucky and we'll have some ice armour effects that cover up the cheap moto-cross armour.

Though we might just have to accept that is what they can manage on their budget.

15. Nathan

Nathan ...

I just love the aspect of real world meets fantasy. You have all these regular people, who don't know anything of sorcery, mutants or parallel dimensions. And suddenly they found themselves on a boat where they have to fight for the fate of the earth. And to me, characters like Sub-Zero and Scorpion are even more special, when not everyone can pull off some unearthly move. Especially when it's just someone military trained like Sonya. I was so glad she didn't shoot pink power rings in the Movie.

16. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

Now that you mention Sonya, I must admit I wouldn't have some characters portrayed like they are in the game. Like I wouldn't have her do an upwards bicycle kick that defies gravity or have Kano do a cannonball. Though I still think the powers can be adapted (meaning her projectiles or her fatality). Though I'd maybe just ignore Kano's cannonball.

I'm not saying I'd suddenly have characters throwing fireballs when they arrive in Outworld or wherever. I'd try to maybe work in a story reason for it. Something like training etc.

Though saying that I don't think we'll see anything resembling Sonya's projectiles. Not from what we've seen of her already. Though I hope they don't do a nod to them like the second MK film did, because that annoyed me. Just like Ryu's Hadoken in the Street Fighter movie. It's not so much a nod to me as it is a cop out and just points out what's wrong for me.

I'm not so sure on Johnny though. I'd probably say he isn't likely to have his powers, but I think it would be a relatively easy sell in the world of Legacy. He's a martial artist, but we don't know his entire background. He could have a mystical element in there. Maybe his martial arts teacher before him could do these moves or something?

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  17. GREEN =w= DAY

GREEN =w= DAY Well-Known Member

aside from Scorpion & Sub-Zero's crappy outfits, this looks pretty sick. but seriously, why change their outfits?? they looked great in the first season.

18. Nathan

Nathan ...

Did you just call Scorpion's outfit crappy?

19. jacobed

jacobed Well-Known Member

Looks amazing

20. TX85

TX85 Well-Known Member

Looks awesome overall to me!

21. Lencho01

Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I have mixed feelings about this. But it looks better than the first season to me.

22. Nathan

Nathan ...

The cinematography improved greatly. And the characters look great. I just wish Sub-Zero wouldn't wear freaking motocross gear.

23. Mike_D202

Mike_D202 Green Lantern's roommate

Looks amazing, very cinematic (and has me wishing that this was a movie and not a series). The Lui Kang "villain angle" has me intrigued.

24. The Infernal

The Infernal Mky Mk

I don't think it's a villain angle. I think it's more a cynical/reluctant hero.

25. GREEN =w= DAY

GREEN =w= DAY Well-Known Member

that's what i think as well

remember in the first movie the only reason he joins the tournament is to avenge his brother's death. he didn't care much about what the tournament stood for and what it would mean to lose it, until the movie kept on progressing. i think something similar will happen here.