Transformers Negatron: Discussion Thread for those that hate the way this movie is heading

She could have been Megan's best friend who likes to get naked for no apparent reason...throughout the film...in the background.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Or SHE coulda been the love interest...better acting than Meg and IMO better looking.

or she could just come to my house and give me a private performance :p

But you guys are right...no real purpose...I shall grudgingly admit this

They could DEFINITELY have trimmed a lot of the human parts out for more Transformer development. John Tuturro and Rachael Taylor's parts could have been cut, they were not needed AT ALL. And if you take out Rachael's part then you eliminate all her hacker friends...so there's even more time. Tyrese and Josh's roles could have ended once they got back to the US...they weren't really needed for the rest of the movie. I'm sure there could have been a lot more trimming up to give the bots more time in the sun.

For me, specifically:

First 45 minutes or so (I think): perfect! Sam buying the car. The car stalking him. Barricade chase and fight. The Autobots arrival from the heavens. PURE GOLD. I even loved the BB-radio thing, which I thought I would hate! :up:

What would have made the movie bearable (aside from a better plot) would have been:

1) Shorter backyard scene. I was really expecting a wonderful Spielberg-esque thing. Instead it was Three's Company meets the Three Stooges.
2) The Frenzy infiltration scenes should have been cooler, stealthier, and creepier in an Aliens sort of way. Instead it was like a skit in Robot Chicken.
3) What you said.
4) An actual Megatron v Optimus fight. Maybe I zoned out or something.... because I totally missed that one.

Someone stated before a perfect setup to show off how badass the Autobots actually are. They brought up a scenario where the Decepts are just causing major havoc in the city, chasing Sam and smashing humans and buildings left and right...with NO Autobots there to protect them. After about 3 or 4 minutes of this, THEN you have the Autobots show up to regulate like Warren G.

Word. And they ride up on the scene BB plays
"Sixteen in the clip and one in the hole
Nate dogg is about to make some bodies turn cold".... Gold, I tell you. Gold! :woot:

All the negatrons are going to love this movie:

alvinchipmunksposter.jpg

That's it... I'm gonna kill someone. :cmad:

I'm not suprised this thread hasn't been resurrected sooner. The movie was awesome. Far from perfect, but still awesome. I've been watching it every damn day pirate style.:yay:

Heh...the memories in this thread. funny stuff. 83 of the posts in here are mine :up:

Seems like I used to be a Negatron in the Land Before Time.

I LOVE this bit from Cracked.com:

Verdict: If you're making a Transformers movie, and you can't even be bothered to make Optimus Prime look like Optimus Prime, you've missed the f**king point.

sm11.jpg

If We'd Made It: The robots would look like live-action versions of the cartoon. You could argue they might look silly, but if that's the case, here's an idea: Don't make the damn movie. You wouldn't make a live-action version of G.I. Joe and rewrite all the heroes as postal workers, right? Why make a Transformers movie without the Transformers?

Outstanding point. Why settle for mediocrity when you can have greatness?

Well since ya'll resurrected this thread... I'll just say: As a long time vehement negatron, I think this movie was a lot better than I expected (I saw the love)... but nowhere near as good what it could have been (the movie was stupid). That's all I gotta say. :yay:

Someone might want to update the title for this thread.

I hated the stupid transformers movie!

No, not really, im just dropping by to read what you guys have to say and yes the title should be changed now that the movie has been done.

i haven't been here in a long while, since before the movie came out. but i must say, thought it was ok the first time, and absolutely hated it the second time.

i haven't been here in a long while, since before the movie came out. but i must say, thought it was ok the first time, and absolutely hated it the second time.

Really? That's funny. I was the reverse. Hated it first time, thought it was ok (in terms of "fun" but nothing else) the second time. I wonder how I'll feel the 3rd time on DVD.

I can imagine that some people still don't like how the film turned out.Like how the humor was a bit much at times.

I can imagine that some people still don't like how the film turned out.Like how the humor was a bit much at times.

Some of the humor was great... like every scene between BB and Sam. Shia saves A LOT of the scenes. He's good.

Other times, the humor WASTES a golden opportunity to do something really cool and scary or deep. In particular, the whole scene where Frenzy was infiltrating stuff. Such a MISSED chance to do a James Cameron esque creepy, ambient, type stuff. I don't think Bay could have pulled it off anyway.

Plus, the left pocket left pocket scene.... though funny(!) completely takes you out of what could have been a very kick ass and serious scene. It's like Bay has no confidence in his skills without resorting to cliche crap that moviemakers have been doing since 1933. It's like he was trying to do Indiana Jones type stuff... and failing miserably.

The bots kicked ass tho. Thats all everyone cares about anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"