Optimist Prime: Discussion thread for those looking forward to the movie

Things I like so far:

Megan Fox
Barricade/Ironhide/Jazz/Prime/Blackout
Cullen as Prime
Seeing the symbols on the vehicles/bots.

things i LOVE about this movie:
1) michael bay
2) don murphy
3) frank welker not voicing megatron
4) optimus prime's flame paint job
5) bumblebee's sweet ass camaro alt mode
6) megatron actually looking evil rather than looking like his stupid generation 1 (i'm assuming g1 stands for generation 1) self
7) tyrese
8) the fact that they are not using the cliched, tired story from the first installment of the cartoon that was already old before it was even conceptualized
9) the fact that this movie isn't another rehash of a bunch of robots fighting over an oil rig, like the old show

Stuff I like:

That scene from the trailer with Skorponok in the desert (I predict the beggining of this movie to be very exciting, which for some may leave an even ickier aftertaste).

The designs for Prime, Skorponok, Blackout, Barricade, Brawl, Bonecrusher (yes), Frenzy (yes), and though I still want to see more of Ironhide and Jazz, they seem to look cool. Bumblebee is ok, I guess.

The characters of Prime, Bumblebee, Barricade, Frenzy and Megatron. (And let me make something clear here: characters don't need backstories or dialogue to be good characters. All they need is actions. Also, as I read the script I kept thinking the more dialogue a character had, the more it annoyed me, because it was mostly exposition and lame lines.)

The actors John Turturro and John Voight (though their characters are generic; see above).

Bay can do action. He sucks, bu he knows how to stage action sequences, especially chases. And this movie has a lot of chases.

Megan Fox.

Giant Robots.

A chihuahua.

1) michael bay
2) don murphy
6) megatron actually looking evil rather than looking like his stupid generation 1 (i'm assuming g1 stands for generation 1) self
7) tyrese
8) the fact that they are not using the cliched, tired story from the first installment of the cartoon that was already old before it was even conceptualized
9) the fact that this movie isn't another rehash of a bunch of robots fighting over an oil rig, like the old show

Dude, are you Bay's publicist or something? Seriously... I'm really looking forward to this movie too... and I don't think G1 was anywhere near as profound as some people here seem to think... but taking the "everything new rocks/everything old sucks" approach feels a little over the top.

I'm not one way or the other on this movie, but I just want to voice my approval of hunter's choice of thread names. :up:

1) michael bay
2) don murphy
7) tyrese
I love this thread. great points.

Dude, are you Bay's publicist or something? Seriously... I'm really looking forward to this movie too... and I don't think G1 was anywhere near as profound as some people here seem to think... but taking the "everything new rocks/everything old sucks" approach feels a little over the top.

It's obvoiusly Bay in an internet diguise. :whatever: Lol. Anyway I'm happy with the same things that Tad said.

he likes to anger people. which is useless in this thread, but still entertaining if you're in on the joke.
regardless, i'm looking forward to the movie simply because it's transformers. it'll be entertaining

+1 for Tad

I am really digging Megatron not having an earth alt-mode. It was so contrary to his character to transform into something that would hide him from the "puny flesh creatures".

His disdain for humanity shows very well :)

I love that Ironhide is not a minivan

Megan Fox has nice boobies

I DO NOT HAVE ANY COMPLAINT EXCEPT
THE TRAILER SET UP SUCK
THE WORDS COULD HAVE BEEN SETUP BETTER
IM HAPPY BAY IS DOING IT
HES PERFICT FOR THE THEME
GIANT F**kING ROBOTS ARE COMING:woot:
JULY 4

so this is a thread like i like the SR suit? will anyone get banned if he says that he doesnt like htis movie?

+1 for Tad

I am really digging Megatron not having an earth alt-mode. It was so contrary to his character to transform into something that would hide him from the "puny flesh creatures".

His disdain for humanity shows very well :)

I love that Ironhide is not a minivan

Megan Fox has nice boobies

It was commentary on society... where the most destructive thing is often a small gun in the hands of the wrong person. The Marvel writers chose the handgun to be the Evil Leader. They easily could have picked the big space gun (Shockwave), or any other (unnamed at the time) bot to write the story around.

Anyway, in keeping with the theme of the thread... I'm looking forward to seeing how Steven Spielberg influences Post Production and makes the movie great (he's usually a very hands on Exec Producer... as MIB shows).

This movie looks like it'll be a fun time. I'm glad Megatron isn't a hand gun because for a live action flick that would look rediculous.

This thread is awesome.

Things i like:

1)Everything except for Starscrem.

What I Like.

Optimus Prime ( Can forgive the Bam Bam Bigello Flames they have on him)
Bumble Bee (can forgive him for being a camaro)
Barricade ( mean looking Decpticon)
Jazz and Ironhide ( look good enough for me)

What I dislike?

Megatron ( Completely Horrible I am so disapointed does not look Remotely like g1 megatron, I can almost get passed his looks, but i will have to see.

Star Scream- WTF Completely Horrible I can almost get passed the colors, but Looks nothing like g1

Soundwave- I can understand them not putting him in the movie, I hope that they come up with a good idea for him, but I don't see it

I am looking forward to the blockbuster that this film will be. It will be a great popcorn flick with lots of explosions and pretty imagery...perfect theater movie to push the THX and hopefully IMAX resolution. Bay's movies have always entertained me and no doubt this one will also...as long as I can separate this from any previous incarnation then I will probably enjoy it.

Goooo Spielberg, woot!

Oh...and Tad's comments lower IQ scores...don't read them.

I am looking forward to the blockbuster that this film will be. It will be a great popcorn flick with lots of explosions and pretty imagery...perfect theater movie to push the THX and hopefully IMAX resolution. Bay's movies have always entertained me and no doubt this one will also...as long as I can separate this from any previous incarnation then I will probably enjoy it.

Goooo Spielberg, woot!

Oh...and Tad's comments lower IQ scores...don't read them.

You made me look. :cmad: :csad:

So glad megatron isnt a friken handgun. How stupid of him to be that in g1. To be honest, I'm not too much of a fan of g1. And I think its also better that Frank Welker isnt doin the voice of megatron. Megatron needs a more sinister voice definitly.

Do you make statements like this to pick fights or are you honestly this uninformed...because no one had ever done a show from the perspective of aliens where said aliens were transforming robots before. ever. at all.

To be honest, I'm not too much of a fan of g1. And I think its also better that Frank Welker isnt doin the voice of megatron.
Frank Welker may yet be Megatron since the information your pulling from is over two months old. However to be fair I was always more of a David Kaye fan since his Megatron from Beast Wars is practically Shakespearean in his brillance.

Welker and Cullen (Megatron and Optimus Prime)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fB0_vJUc3o4
Kaye and Chalke (Megatron and Optimus Primal)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEkMzMJ0hTc&mode=related&search=

Frank Welker would definitely go into my "good move" category though if they cast him. Certainly much the same as casting Cullen.

However were they to go with Kaye it would be much needed to fit the dialogue to BW Megatron's style of speaking, yes.

So far I like the cast, especially Megan and Shia who seem a good fit for their roles in the script. Most appropriately cast is actually (I'm getting flamed for this) is Bernie Mac...who IMO doesn't get credit enough sometimes...his part is small yet entertaining and Transformers (both comic and cartoon) has had it's share of sleezey car salesmen, so he should be fun to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"