Negatron: Discussion Thread for those that hate the way this movie is heading

Discussion in 'Transformers' started by Hunter Rider, Feb 7, 2007.

1. nosebleed. Registered

yeah...that WAS a pretty depressing day.

2. nosebleed. Registered

Brad Bird :up:

3. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

I'm honestly not trying to be a smartass here...

But, did you see the pic I posted along with that statement?

4. CFlash Registered

My fear is that this will spell the end of the (sorry to bring up the word again... I know people hate it) intelligent Spidey, Pirates, X-men type Summer "Blockbusters" and mark the return of the Armageddon, Pearl Harbor blockbusters. I guess those guys had it coming with the underwheling 3rd-parts.

5. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

True, but in my opinion Prime with lips looked like ASS as well. It actually ruined the movie for me, because then he REALLY didn't look like Prime to me...and somewhere in my soul the little kid who waited for 4:00 in the afternoon every weekday with my Prime toy in hand is saddened and confused because Prime only looked like Prime for about 5-10 minutes of the film where he actually had his mask up...

Call it fanboy whining, but that really bothered me...we can't give the Decepticons real faces, but we can make Prime look like Michael Bay and NOT like the Optimus I grew up with...:(

6. CFlash Registered

LOL. I didn't get it. Sorry.

7. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

To an extent your fears are well founded. But also the dumbing down has started well before the released of TF. It's the nature of things. When we start seeing Green Hornet being talked about for a motion picture, you know it's already out of hand.

8. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

lol, no problem. :up:

9. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

Don't look to me to be someone sticking up for the lips. They could have taken all that CG time/effort/money the spent making that hideous mug and maybe used to to invest in steadier cams for the other CGI action sequences.

10. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

Second that. So you couldn't really enjoy the fights either due to the fast cut camera work...that really bothered me.

11. nosebleed. Registered

The only thing I regret is that this movie is EXACTLY what I thought it would be 2 1/2 to 3 years ago or so when Michael Bay was announced as the director. A great, pretty action flick that lacks in story and (Transformer) character development.

12. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

I had a hard enough time trying to figure out who was who in the steady shots half the time. The action ones: fuhgedaboutit

13. CFlash Registered

I thought you liked the movie Ragdus?

14. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

I did. A lot. For all it's shortcomings, I gotta hand it to them when they make me feel like I did when I got my first Optimus toy.

Could've been light years better. I still had a great time.

15. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

No kidding. I felt for Jazz dying only because I knew him form the 80's...my little brother didn't feel a thing...he was like "Is that Jazz guy an original?" He figured he wasn't since they killed him before you knew him.

YOu really didn't get to know ANY of em...I was especially sad to see the only Starscream/Megatron exchange was that one damn line...

16. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

Well good to know it wasn't just me.

And I know what you mean about feeling like you got your Prime figure from you lower post...I just wish I could've gotten past the little crap to enjoy the flick more.

Maybe I need to see it again.

17. CFlash Registered

Back then it was a "bad" thing. It's a wonder what Peter Cullen, ILM, and a shaky camera can do. I think we have a serious "it's so bad that it's good thing going on here".... Sorta like an Ed Wood or 1950's sci fi B-movie. Next time I see it I'm gonna try and put myself in Ed Wood mode.

18. nosebleed. Registered

They could DEFINITELY have trimmed a lot of the human parts out for more Transformer development. John Tuturro and Rachael Taylor's parts could have been cut, they were not needed AT ALL. And if you take out Rachael's part then you eliminate all her hacker friends...so there's even more time. Tyrese and Josh's roles could have ended once they got back to the US...they weren't really needed for the rest of the movie. I'm sure there could have been a lot more trimming up to give the bots more time in the sun.

19. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

And all that character stuff could have been developed at the same time Bay satiated his appetite for action if the battle was largely spent in a siege situation, ala 300.

I really wish this would have been so. Imagine the heroics of the Autobots teaming up and laying their life on the line trying to hold off a Decepticon onslaught. Imagine how cool it could have been seeing SS undercut Megatron's authority in the heat of the siege, and the tension his mistakes, and successes, would have generated between the two.

Maybe I should author the sequel...

20. nosebleed. Registered

Someone stated before a perfect setup to show off how badass the Autobots actually are. They brought up a scenario where the Decepts are just causing major havoc in the city, chasing Sam and smashing humans and buildings left and right...with NO Autobots there to protect them. After about 3 or 4 minutes of this, THEN you have the Autobots show up to regulate like Warren G.

21. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

Rachel was very much needed...she was HOT!! I dare say hotter than Megan Fox. :oldrazz:

22. Superman79 Superman79 Returns

If you did...I'd see it. :up:

23. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

Then make her the SecDef. Her character was useless.

24. nosebleed. Registered

She could have been Megan's best friend who likes to get naked for no apparent reason...throughout the film...in the background.

25. ragdus Put a smile on that face.

No, we need depth. So make her justification for doing so that she wants to ****e it up before the world ends.