The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the Nightcrawler and Deathstrike scenes have yet to be topped.

X3 had more team fighting then any of the other movies which was cool to see though. Thought the Iceman scene was a joke, it was awesome when he Iced up (bout friggen time) but that headbut was lame.

I had a great time watching X3... but you left the theater feeling kinda empty.

It's the same viewing it at home. A few amazing scenes but you ultimately realise just how much they butchered the main plot points.

I prefer action sequenzes In X2 over last Stand.

X3 had more team fighting then any of the other movies which was cool to see though. Thought the Iceman scene was a joke, it was awesome when he Iced up (bout friggen time) but that headbut was lame.

Singer could handle one on one fights pretty well, but seemed scared of team fights... I mean.. closest we got was the toad fight.... which eh..

otherwise all we really got was Nightcrawler and Wolverine fighting people, i liked the fact X3 wasn't afraid to let the team be fighters and do so together

Eh, the Nightcrawler fight was simply amazing, but the Deathstrike one was so-so to me. Singer never really had the right style of action for Wolverine, too much wire-work, and not nearly brutal or gritty enough. The best he did was the mansion sequence. But I never was all that impressed by the Deathstrike fight.

^ Agreed.. I love the mansion invasion scene, but when Wolvie jumps off the balcony onto the two guys below, I always thought it looked so silly. Too graceful and choreographed. Logan should just rip mothaf***as to threads.

that CGI was pretty state of the art at the time....

Not really referring so much to the computer graphics themselves, though they did look pretty video-gamey on him.
Moreso I suppose my problem was with the actual look they chose for iced up Iceman, it's not how I would picture him in live action.
Always pictured him more like emma in first class, but slightly cloudy as opposed to clear.
Instead he kinda looked like he was on blue fire

I agree about the balcony Mansion scene.
Eh, the Nightcrawler fight was simply amazing, but the Deathstrike one was so-so to me. Singer never really had the right style of action for Wolverine, too much wire-work, and not nearly brutal or gritty enough. The best he did was the mansion sequence. But I never was all that impressed by the Deathstrike fight.

Really? I actually prefer the Deathstrike fight to Nightcrawler (especially nowadays). The CGI and Slow mo-bullet time technique looks very outdated for half of Nightcrawler's fight. Deathstrike was one of the most brutal comic fights I've seen, and def the best choreographed one on one fight in the whole X series. Thought it was very well done and Directed. To each their own I guess.

Last edited:
need something, need something...i'm getting nervous.. we are getting more hype and info about the next x-men that opens next year than wolverine that is getting closer lol even here in the foruns.. (althought next x-men is driving me crazy with these casting news...its nuts!, hope theres nightcrawler and a revitilized emma, sorry i love her comic character)

everyday i go to the directors twitters looking for news, several times...lol nuuuutsssss

I agree about the balcony Mansion scene.

Really? I actually prefer the Deathstrike fight to Nightcrawler (especially nowadays). The CGI and Slow mo-bullet time technique looks very outdated for half of Nightcrawler's fight. Deathstrike was one of the most brutal comic fights I've seen, and def the best choreographed one on one fight in the whole X series. Thought it was very well done and Directed. To each their own I guess.

Yeah, I never got into it. I imagine Wolverine fights to be very brutal, but without the "graceful" look we got with the over-use of wirework that was present in both the Sabretooth and Deathstroke fight. I also never liked that they didn't show Logan as a man who has extensive martial arts skills.

Basically, I imagine my Wolverine fighting like a Jason Bourne with claws. Brutal and efficient. But when he loses control, showcasing that bestial side that can be completely vicious. The fights were never visceral enough for me. And I'm not talking about blood/gore. Just the style and choreography.

Yeah, I never got into it. I imagine Wolverine fights to be very brutal, but without the "graceful" look we got with the over-use of wirework that was present in both the Sabretooth and Deathstroke fight. I also never liked that they didn't show Logan as a man who has extensive martial arts skills.

Basically, I imagine my Wolverine fighting like a Jason Bourne with claws. Brutal and efficient. But when he loses control, showcasing that bestial side that can be completely vicious. The fights were never visceral enough for me. And I'm not talking about blood/gore. Just the style and choreography.

That's a good point. I never liked that Wolverine seemed to get the **** kicked out of him until eventually something else came along to end the fight. The Deathstrike fight came closest to what we should get.

I agree with you 100% there :up:

Hopefully we should get that this time around. No reason not to go that route, given where he is in the film.

Better see his fighting skills here transition into DOFP. Would suck to have an ass kicking Wolverine in this film and then have his fighting style switched up later. He's fought in a different style every film so far.

Last edited:
Hopefully we will get a bad-ass fight scene between Wolverine & Silver Samurai and Wolverine & Viper.

Does anyone know what rating it will have?

Nothing has been confirmed, but PG-13 most likely. I just can't imagine an R or PG rating for this movie.

I wonder if they'll take a chance, make Wolverine R. Wolverine is a huge hit, they let Bryan make X-Men R too. Now the X-Films are the R rated equivalent of the Avengers PG-13 films.

Last edited:
Wolverine and X-Men will NEVER be R. Never, ever, ever! They want kids in the movie, they want as large a demographic to see it as they can without compromising too much. X-Men and Wolverine will always be PG-13.

lol, I'm just imagining what this conversation would have been like a few months ago. So glad we can discuss things like a R rating peacefully and not have the thread derailed for a page or two.

And I doubt FOX would really get their budget back if they give these X-Men movies a R-18 rating. Its seriously not a good marketing decision. Plus a lot of kids want to see Wolverine in action.

lol, I'm just imagining what this conversation would have been like a few months ago. So glad we can discuss things like a R rating peacefully and not have the thread derailed for a page or two.

Yeah I got a few flashbacks when I posted that. Thank God Alexei is gone.

I can't imagine who you're thinking of... :oldrazz:

who thinks this movie will be a sleeper hit, kind of like how first class was?

wish it was R rated, but i'd settle for a director's cut on the blu-ray.

hoping for great fight sequences; they can be just as, if not more, exciting than big action scenes with 'splosions and what not.

can't wait for the trailer; fox marketing is different i'll give them that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"