The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
who thinks this movie will be a sleeper hit, kind of like how first class was?

wish it was R rated, but i'd settle for a director's cut on the blu-ray.

hoping for great fight sequences; they can be just as, if not more, exciting than big action scenes with 'splosions and what not.

can't wait for the trailer; fox marketing is different i'll give them that.

To be honest, I'm not expecting it to be a huge success, much as it saddens me.

It certainly looks like it deserves to do better than Origins but I think I need the hype machine to kick in. I smell an underperformance.

Anything better than Origins will do me.
I think if this flops it will be the end of Hugh as Wolvie.

I prefer action sequenzes In X2 over last Stand.

Same here, the action in X2 has yet to be topped in this series.

need something, need something...i'm getting nervous.. we are getting more hype and info about the next x-men that opens next year than wolverine that is getting closer lol even here in the foruns.. (althought next x-men is driving me crazy with these casting news...its nuts!, hope theres nightcrawler and a revitilized emma, sorry i love her comic character)

everyday i go to the directors twitters looking for news, several times...lol nuuuutsssss

It is strange that we are hearing more about DOFP than Wolverine at the moment, in fact, A LOT more. I think they need to get the teaser out there asap at this point.

When will they come up with the trailer for The Wolverine????? They said the movie is coming out in 2013. And its in July or somewhere that time. UGHHH screw that!!!!!!

who thinks this movie will be a sleeper hit, kind of like how first class was?

I wouldn't classify XFC as a sleeper hit, it's the second lowest grossing film of the series & second highest budget.

I don't know how The Wolverine is going to perform, even if it turns out great. X3 & XOW really did some damage to the X-brand. How much did XFC "right the ship"?...

When will they come up with the trailer for The Wolverine????? They said the movie is coming out in 2013. And its in July or somewhere that time. UGHHH screw that!!!!!!

I'd say it won't be much longer, couple of weeks maybe. They really should get on it, I appreciate Mangold wanting it to look as good as possible but it's less than 5 months out now.

Last edited:

It's coming this month. Breathe.

I also never liked that they didn't show Logan as a man who has extensive martial arts skills.
This is a problem that extends to the comics as well. Most writers seem to willfully forget that Wolverine has an incredibly extensive martial arts background, but opts instead for him to slash mindlessly around with his claws for some reason.

This is a problem that extends to the comics as well. Most writers seem to willfully forget that Wolverine has an incredibly extensive martial arts background, but opts instead for him to slash mindlessly around with his claws for some reason.

In one comic (I think it was Wolverine: Manifest Destiny) some old martial arts master chastises Wolverine for not using his skills and just relying on his powers to get him through fights. I could see a scene like that working in the next film.

Yeah. In the comics I can forgive it a bit, since you can't really show fluid action, yet they're just as guilty of it.

In general, I was just never terribly impressed with any of the Wolverine action sequences in any of the X-films. They were okay, but they never reached the level of brutality I expected in a Wolverine fight. The mansion sequence was the best, and actually the first Wolverine/Sabretooth fight in Origins wasn't bad (though still not nearly at the level a Wolverine/Sabretooth fight should be at).

And again, I don't think we need more blood and gore, that can be implied. The Bourne films and the Craig Bond films have done a great job of making a fight seem incredibly brutal and intense without upping the gore. I want Wolverine's fights to be like that. When he's in control, he should be extremely brutal but efficient. When he loses it, it should be violent and chaotic.

I'm hoping this film will be the first to reach the kind of energy a Wolverine fight should have.

The root cause of this problem, the cause of Wolverine's laziness, and the laziness of the writers to write him that way, is his inflated healing powers. It has gotten to ridiculous levels. Didn't he recover from a drop of blood one time? A drop of f****** blood! Wolverine was at his best in his early days when it took him hours to heal from a bullet wound. Which meant that, while he likely wouldn't have died from a would that could be characterized as fatal to someone else, he wound still have been immobilized long enough for someone else to inflict a would that would actually be fatal to him. Which meant that he would still have to rely on his wits and skills to survive, despite a healing factor.

Three weeks until GI Joe: Retaliation comes, and then so shall The Wolverine trailer

Last edited:
The root cause of this problem, the cause of Wolverine's laziness, and the laziness of the writers to write him that way, is his inflated healing powers. It has gotten to ridiculous levels. Didn't he recover from a drop of blood one time? A drop of f****** blood! Wolverine was at his best in his early days when it took him hours to heal from a bullet wound. Which meant that, while he likely wouldn't have died from a would that could be characterized as fatal to someone else, he wound still have been immobilized long enough for someone else to inflict a would that would actually be fatal to him. Which meant that he would still have to rely on his wits and skills to survive, despite a healing factor.

well in defense of that, his drop of blood spilled onto a "godlike" power source and that infinite power boosted his healing factor infinitely.

Anything better than Origins will do me.
I think if this flops it will be the end of Hugh as Wolvie.

Fox would have to SERIOUSLY screw up the marketing to make this film flop. In terms of GA, everyone loves Wolverine, and Jackman as the character. A good trailer should set this film up for a solid performance.

I like wolverine when he can shrug off bullets
I think one of my favorite covers ever was him fighting a swarm of ninjas while riddled with bullet holes

That said, him healing from a skeleton, or a drop of blood, is ridiculous and makes him a little too tough to kill to really care about

I'm ok with the crazy healing,there are still some things that can kill him ( deadpool was going to drown him and it was said to kill him until daken did something to stop it) I like him full of holes from bullets or swords and still fighting.

Have to admit, as patient as I am for the trailer to finally get here, when I went to see Oz The Great and Powerful today, even I was looking around the theater to see if they'd at least gotten the poster or something up...

...wasn't up yet. :csad:

Have to admit, as patient as I am for the trailer to finally get here, when I went to see Oz The Great and Powerful today, even I was looking around the theater to see if they'd at least gotten the poster or something up...

In due time :D. I definitely believe what Mangold said about The Wolverine. We'll be smothered in Wolverine goodness from the end of March, till July 26 :wolverine

In due time :D. I definitely believe what Mangold said about The Wolverine. We'll be smothered in Wolverine goodness from the end of March, till July 26 :wolverine

I know. But it's like Christmas and summer vacation. I just want it to get here. :yay:

Believe me as The Wolverine Is my most anticapted 2013 film I am ready for trailer and more pics to arrive.

I have the painted-Wolverine poster in all 4 of my nearby cinemas... it's pretty great to see...

I'm starting to think the studio is following a similar low-key campaign as with First Class. Hopefully The Wolverine is a pleasant surprise. :)

It's got to be better than Origins.

My buddy was trying to defend it the other day and I just laughed. Hard.

I'm pretty sure this is gonna be better than Origins/X3.

I have faith with the director.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back