The Wolverine News & Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he confirm there will be Japanese spoken in film and not "dubbed" style?

They can probably get away with subtitled Japanese sprinkled in various scenes, but I suspect some of the Japanese characters know some English.

ah good, that's how I'd want it. I'd like Logan to say some things in Japanese too. I want it to feel like the same real world as First Class...with the German, French, Russian and English. Now we get Japanese. Awwright!

Mangold saying "less is more" makes me think the teaser will be a short one and we won't see that much. I think we'll be lucky if we see Silver Samurai at this stage. On the upshot at least he isn't one of those people who seem happy to give the movie away or show all the best bits in the trailer.

They can probably get away with subtitled Japanese sprinkled in various scenes, but I suspect some of the Japanese characters know some English.

They have to, I can't imagine all of the major/supporting cast will speak in Japanese for the entire movie. The movie wouldn't be that fun to watch if we have to read the subtitles all the time just to understand what they are saying.

then again it would guaranty multiple viewings one to read it the other to watch it lol

They have to, I can't imagine all of the major/supporting cast will speak in Japanese for the entire movie. The movie wouldn't be that fun to watch if we have to read the subtitles all the time just to understand what they are saying.
Inglourious Basterds was rather fun.

Likewise, I enjoyed Mongol and that's all in Mongolian.

then again it would guaranty multiple viewings one to read it the other to watch it lol

For fans yes, but casual viewers don't care about that. If they didn't like the movie for having too much subtitles, they wouldn't care to watch it again and they would just watch another movie.

Some people just aren't fast readers, so heavily subtitled movies can get frustrating.

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon was a blast!

Though I would enjoy it if they spoke Japanese for the entire movie, I suspect it they will speak it for a few scenes.

I'm not from an english speaking country so I have no problems with subtitles.

Plus I'm a very fast reader. Which can be a problem sometimes, when I read the subtitles before they are actually said. Sometimes I laugh at jokes before everyone else in the cinema. :hehe:

new still from empire magazine
d9mCQCr.jpg

Am i the only one that hates how his claws look? They seem too fake looking to me

It's treading on Origins bad territory again but hopefully they'll look better on film.

In Origins it was just sad how those claws made the final cut of the film. That bathroom scene still gives me nightmares.

It's a photo. The claws are just photoshopped on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"