Next Assassin's Creed Game Reportedly Set During The Viking Age

What is a live service platform mean?
Probably means a half-hearted shallow product designed to be supported for years, frequent but unremarkable content updates that may or may not be free, and a f***load of microtransactions that get far more attention than anything else in the game. Live service rarely means anything good, especially when it's the first term used to describe a game, it's a model that by its very nature values mtx above all else.

Last edited:
Probably means a half-hearted shallow product designed to be supported for years, frequent but unremarkable content updates that may or may not be free, and a f***load of microtransactions that get far more attention than anything else in the game. Live service rarely means anything good, especially when it's the first term used to describe a game, it's a model that by its very nature values mtx above all else.

Always online! Can't forget that. This already makes me feel a sense of dread. Don't like where this is headed.

This is possibly the worst direction for the series, imo.

We can no longer anticipate the neXt Ac game that comes every year or two. But its going to be eXpansion after eXpansion, massive online update after a massive online update when Infinity War is released. All are accessible through a pay wall and I prefer to be buying games physically that I can uninstall right away. I still open Valhalla but I just want them to move on to theneXt game.... and the neXt game is this? A full live service game. F***.

Valhalla is a bloated mess but this one is taking to the eXtreme level. I would just hate when they feature locations such as Spain, India, China, Japan and they are just going to act as an eXpansion rather than headlining their own Ac game. Ireland imo was wasted as a Valhalla dlc as it was just an another region/location in the game to clear.

They are basically turning this to the Avengers / Rainbow SiX Seige. Its probably still a single player eXperience but live service just doesn't appeal to me whatsoever.

Last edited:
I hope it backfires but I also have a feeling this could turn out well as GTA Online... which is scary if it happens.

There was also a report for Origins before that only 1 out of 10 players played the dlc. So I'm hoping this will not take off.

This definitely killed my anticipation for the neXt game.

I just saw a clip for the Paris DLC and you can now use crazy rats against your enemies, just like in A Plague Tale Innocence. :funny:

Enjoying Siege of Paris so far, proper assassinations are back.

From what I've seen, it is more of the same. The rats and the assassination options are what kinda separate this from the main game. it is more underwhelming than the Ireland dlc which looked more distinct. They basically copied and pasted the side stuffs from the main game. Added more weapons/skills/abilities/treasures/gears to an already bloated game. Like as someone who completed all the location objectives from the main game/finished the story and locations outside England, why would I need an eXtra armor and ability again? The new Contracts here are basically the usual kill this person for reward kind of side quest just with a different display.

Like Ireland, Paris was just another region to clear. Paris here didn't look distinct from England. Unity looks more impressive in comparison. The story of Wrath of the Druids and Siege of Paris aren't better than most side region story arcs in Valhalla as well. And they are nothing compare to the 2nd set of DLCs for Odyssey. The 3 dlcs of that game was so distinct from one another. I feel like Ubisoft should have sent us to different norse mythology realms for these two story eXpansions, similar to Odyssey's fate of Atlantis instead of sailing to Ireland/France which are mostly untouched lands in the gane.

Ubisoft has plans for the year 2 of the game, I'm assuming a dlc like the last two and I'm not eXcited. They are just making the game more bloated and doing more of these eXtra stuff isn't rewarding at all. I already have so many skills/gears that I didn't use.

I'd hate to see if this is the direction of Infinity - just eXpanding the game through new locations with a subpar story and samey activities.

I wonder if Infinity is going to have different playable characters as I am bored now using Eivor.

Last edited:
I missed this during my playthrough:

Someone should introduce Christopher Nolan to Assassin’s Creed. All this timey-wimey simulation within a simulation wrapped in metaphors and enigmas is right up his alley.

Oh, man. The idea of Nolan doing an AC film is just too good to ever happen.

I missed this during my playthrough:

Someone should introduce Christopher Nolan to Assassin’s Creed. All this timey-wimey simulation within a simulation wrapped in metaphors and enigmas is right up his alley.

I don't remember much of the mythological portion because it was such a boring drag. You get no cool rewards for completing it. It was my most hyped up part of the game, and when I finished I felt like I had all the blood drained from my body.

Just give me an actual Isu setting game. Let AC go true fantasy RPG.

I don't remember much of the mythological portion because it was such a boring drag. You get no cool rewards for completing it. It was my most hyped up part of the game, and when I finished I felt like I had all the blood drained from my body.

Just give me an actual Isu setting game. Let AC go true fantasy RPG.
Did you play the Odyssey Atlantis DLC? The third chapter is very ISU.

For me, I don't think I would want a game set in the Isu period. However I would prefer that over Infinity.

Crazy we are going to wait 3 to 4 years for the neXt game which is probably going to be a live service game that would just be updated with additional contents rather a new game every 1 to 2 years.

So i dont think i have yet said anything about Valhalla.
Bought it some time ago for PS4, couldnt resist...then got a PS5 and now have already put in 40 hours.

And im in love yet again with an AC game...as usual.
Im just loving the style of the games, and adding to that the Norse setting...of course i love it.

Only thing i yet again notice, is that the whole Assassins Creed part of this game, holds it back a bit.
Its crazy i know, but that whole part feels again like its in there just so that they can use the name Assassins Creed.
If you take that out and would have fully committed to making a Viking Adventure game, boy would that have been great.
But it seems the point i reached with the story, involves the AC part more now...so i guess this feeling that its just there for the name, will change soon.

Still, same as with Origins and Odyssey, this has all the potential to be a standalone game.
I continue to say that they should have two series here, one that focus everything on the AC part and one completely on its own where you have those Action adventure games where their stories have nothing to do with each other etc.

I could see them easily make twice the money like this, because i know there are many who dont touch the new AC games because the Assassins order and all, the whole idea of what AC was, is just sideplot.

Either way, im having so much fun with this game at the moment.
Only thing i miss is the crafting, that part i always loved.
Especially since the gear i find is mostly god damn shields...i have 6 shields for the love of god.
But doesnt matter since yesterday i found a Hammer, going wild with a Raider axe and Hammer is so much fun, the skills etc make the combat so enjoyable.

With GOW and this, i really need more Viking games...im hungry for that more than ever.

Ghost of Tsushima is basically Assassin's Creed in Japan without the Animus/Isu storyline.

I think the Assassin's Creed brand is too important for Ubisoft, for them to make a separate similar action adventure ip set in the past. Having said that, Ubisoft has no problem making hundreds of Tom Clancy shooter games. Also, Gods & Monster is basically like Odyssey without photo realistic graphics and I'm not sure if it done well for Ubisoft. And Skulls & Bones is heavily inspired by Black Flag and has been in development hell.

Ghost of Tsushima is basically Assassin's Creed in Japan without the Animus/Isu storyline.

I think the Assassin's Creed brand is too important for Ubisoft, for them to make a separate similar action adventure ip set in the past. Having said that, Ubisoft has no problem making hundreds of Tom Clancy shooter games. Also, Gods & Monster is basically like Odyssey without photo realistic graphics and I'm not sure if it done well for Ubisoft. And Skulls & Bones is heavily inspired by Black Flag and has been in development hell.

I guess its just easier to sell something as AC instead of branching it out, spend millions on development and then maybe not making the money.

But still, now more than ever i would love to see more Viking action adventure games.
Witcher 3 or AC style, fully embracing the Viking theme.

I want it even more now that i came to Vinland in AC Valhalla.
This is such a cool idea.
You have this small island and a sub story that feels like a DLC.
You lose all your weapons and gear, need to equip yourself with armor and weapons from this place.
I really love that.

So I have nothing to play so I put this on again, and the pre order bonus finally showed up in my game after several months. I'm going to finish the newer River Raids as well this week.

Can't wait for the Discovery Tour and the 4th festival. As much I am over with this game, the updates keep making me play it again.

Im so insulted whenever the Game tries to sell me the idea of Stealth XD.
Dude, im a Viking who carries a Axe and a Hammer with himself, i mow down whole towns with soldiers, i even take whole castles by myself without having to slow down...telling me after 60 hours that maybe a cloak and cautious approach would be smart, is not working.

Once you reach power 210 or so, unless you play nightmare difficulty...its over for everyone who is considered Enemy.

I even break Zealots in less than a minute at this stage...nothing can stop me outside of story purpose.

But it makes me sad, because when you are at this stage, you know that storywise there isnt too much left and that you have seen pretty much everything the game offers.

I sigh at another eXpansion. I'm willing to pay 60 to 70 for full AC game every year, instead of another eXpansion for Valhalla that isn't free.

This is what I diXlike about Infinity. You would buy the game for 70 dollars, then after that, its probably going to be a paid eXpansion after paid eXpansion for years like 5 years or so. The game is going to be so bloated because it's a live service. The eXpansions probably aren't going to be as notable as the original base game. So ugh.

I wish they were just making Syndicate sized game every year or two, featuring locations/period they haven't visited before. So imagine if they featured Spain, India, China, Japan, Australia, Thailand and Brazil in Infinity but all of them are DLCs locked through a paywall for a game that you already bought.... God dammit Ubisoft!

Last edited:
In theory a live service/MMO model isn't bad for a game. . . but in practice, almost no company that gets into such gets it right unless they were already an MMO company. Because even if your game is an action adventure game or an FPS, you *still* need to produce the same quantity of content as an MMORPG to justify the continued subscription. Most companies fail to realize this and think making a Destiny clone or whatnot will let them achieve an MMO lifestyle game without having to pay MMO budget.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"