The Dark Knight "Not your grandpa's Batman..."

what the hell is a straw man?

The whole beginnnig of begins was about that damn arrohead that meant nothing.

it may pop up in the dark knight though. who knows.

Well returns is such a dead horse. let's not get into it.

I don't quite understand your arrowhead quote. Are you referring to the arrowhead that Bruce and Rachel found before Bruce fell into the well? Because if so, the beggining of the movie certainly was not about the arrowhead, it was about Bruce finding his cause and taking the path to become Batman. Which I think they didn't explain in full enough, because Bruce needs to learn much more then fighting skills to be Batman.

lol, how do you take Weyseed seriously when he thinks the first quarter of the movie is all about the arrowhead?

I don't quite understand your arrowhead quote. Are you referring to the arrowhead that Bruce and Rachel found before Bruce fell into the well? Because if so, the beggining of the movie certainly was not about the arrowhead, it was about Bruce finding his cause and taking the path to become Batman. Which I think they didn't explain in full enough, because Bruce needs to learn much more then fighting skills to be Batman.

Yes that arrowhead. forgive me if my memory isn't perfect. Whatever part of the movie it was. it was superfluous.

i thik wesyeed has the perfect avatar :woot:
it makes it easier to read hes post when you watch that little kid.

i liked your gif when SR came out. remember the piano? :cwink: :woot:

then i suppose you must live a fragile existence as well if you waste thought and energy over whether a movie does well. to let your life be so affected by something so trivial is a waste of life.

Wow...you're a moron. Why are you posting in this thread, let alone on these forums if you think people who are concerned about a movie franchise continuing are people who live a "fragile existence"??? I like Batman, I like Batman Begins, and I would like to see more Batman movies. That does not make me or anyone else a loser that lives a "fragile existence".

then i suppose you must live a fragile existence as well if you waste thought and energy over whether a movie does well. to let your life be so affected by something so trivial is a waste of life.

What an asinine comment. :whatever:

Clearly the future of Bat-movies is important to any Batfan who cares enough to post on a messageboard and read up on the latest movie.

If caring about something like that is so trivial, it must be more trivial to tell people so.

Wow...you're a moron. Why are you posting in this thread, let alone on these forums if you think people who are concerned about a movie franchise continuing are people who live a "fragile existence"??? I like Batman, I like Batman Begins, and I would like to see more Batman movies. That does not make me or anyone else a loser that lives a "fragile existence".
hey, i like the movies too, and i like the characters, but i'm not going to worry about if a movie does well or if grandma and grandpa like it or not. i'm not going to let my life be affected by something so trivial. save the worrying for politics, government, family, etc.

What an asinine comment. :whatever:

Clearly the future of Bat-movies is important to any Batfan who cares enough to post on a messageboard and read up on the latest movie.

If caring about something like that is so trivial, it must be more trivial to tell people so.
i'm a fan of the movies, but i was a fan of the characters well before that. but the future of the movies isn't important to me. they don't define who i am and i'm not going to worry about something that i have no control over and no financial stake in. at the end of the day, it's just a movie; it's entertainment. it's trivial.

hey, i like the movies too, and i like the characters, but i'm not going to worry about if a movie does well or if grandma and grandpa like it or not. i'm not going to let my life be affected by something so trivial. save the worrying for politics, government, family, etc.

Then stop posting on these forums and go away.

Yes that arrowhead. forgive me if my memory isn't perfect. Whatever part of the movie it was. it was superfluous.

The arrowhead is just a plot device to signify the history/relationship of Rachel and Bruce. I don't understand your point at all.

The arrowhead is just a plot device to signify the history/relationship of Rachel and Bruce. I don't understand your point at all.

the point is you could remove it and lose absolutely nothing.

i'm a fan of the movies, but i was a fan of the characters well before that. but the future of the movies isn't important to me. they don't define who i am and i'm not going to worry about something that i have no control over and no financial stake in. at the end of the day, it's just a movie; it's entertainment. it's trivial.

Well on a message board like this, that puts you in the minority, so stop being a *****ebag. I'm sure it's not life and death for most of us, but we wouldn't be here if we don't care... And I don't understand why you are either.

Yeah...but the arrowhead was in the movie for 1 to 2 minutes tops. How do you think the whole beggining was about it?

Then stop posting on these forums and go away.
why? i enjoy the movies, i enjoy the characters, and i enjoy reading and talking about them. i just don't worry about whether a movie does well.

the point is you could remove it and lose absolutely nothing.

Not true, you lose the moment when Rachel gives it back to Bruce, which is a touching moment and fleshes out her character. She's a huge ***** to Bruce, but it shows she still cares for him and values their relationship and is waiting for him to change.

Yeah...but the arrowhead was in the movie for 1 to 2 minutes tops. How do you think the whole beggining was about it?

I forget how it begins, is it at the prison or the part where the kids are playing in the yard? It's the prison isn't it. Simple mistake.

Not true, you lose the moment when Rachel gives it back to Bruce, which is a touching moment and fleshes out her character. She's a huge ***** to Bruce, but it shows she still cares for him and values their relationship and is waiting for him to change.

she's a huge ***** to bruce? :wow: Frankly I'm drawing blanks about rachel's behavior.

I'm caught up more in what the significance of it being an arrowhead was. I thought he'd use it as batman later on and it'd be this climactic tool because the film focused so much on this little arrrowhead or whatever that these kids are playing with, but it plays no real role later except in that part were katie gives it to him as a gift then it's never mentioned again, (crappiest gift ever. The man's back from the dead and he gets a useless arrowhead). I think it could have been all axed completely since its role is so minor. Maybe that's just me....

I really am of the school of thought that it is impossible to create a definitive Batman story. The perfect image I have of Batman in my head is different then yours or anyone else posting on the board. How would it be possible to please everyone and as an artist but some of your own style into here too.

These are my thoughts exactly. No one can create the definitive Batman because there is no definites on anything Batman, even the mythos. Each comic writer takes the basic knowledge of all the characters,the world, etc, and makes their own vision of the characters. It is the same with filmmakers. This is Nolan's vision of the characters, only it is on the silver screen and not on the comic store shelves.

I forget how it begins, is it at the prison or the part where the kids are playing in the yard? It's the prison isn't it. Simple mistake.

No, the movie starts with them playing in the yard

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"