OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

Discussion in 'Transformers: Dark of the Moon' started by Thread Manager, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Sith Scotti

Sith Scotti Well-Known Member

I give this film a solid B but this is frustrating film . Thge last 90 minutes or so (
    when Senital betrays the autobots)
    is just freaking amazing the best of the franchise.
    However the first 60 minutes might be the worst . Stupid political scenes . Terrible acting by Shia . His screaming like a girl became boring fast, ridiculous pacing....

And really they should have either recast Megan Fox's character or bit the bullet and kept her in the film . I was not invested in this relationship to the point where marriage talk should have been included . Way too serious a relationship at the start of the film .

That said the ending was beyond spectacular . A tale of 2 parts.

2. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

This movie was everything you'd except from a action summer movie. Crazy beyond nuts action a decent story, I've been reading some of the comments about Ironside's death not being a big deal that because it wasn't. The only transformers death who's ever meant anything to anybody is Optimus Prime. His death in the 1986 movie had kids crying in the theaters, me included.

3. Colossal Spoons

Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Ironhide's my fav character out of all 3 movies so naturally I'd have some sort of reaction to him dying lol. OP's death in RoTF was sad as heck too though.

4. Jake Cassidy

Jake Cassidy Well-Known Member

You're lucky. My favourite died in the first movie.

5. Optimus_Prime_

Optimus_Prime_ Well-Known Member

One of my friends shouted "Finally! They finally killed Starscream" during the movie. I was like "Finally:huh:, that's like the twentith time I've seen him die".

6. Jake Cassidy

It's the first time he's died in these movies.

7. Golgo-13

Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

I hated that the Dreads looked like the Predator, for some reason...

8. Colossal Spoons

Colossal Spoons Paper boi

Ha. Like you, I wish he'd gotten a more badass death.

They reminded me of the twins from the 2nd Matrix movie.

9. Jake Cassidy

I liked the Dreads.

10. Optimus_Prime_

Really, I think the way to dispatch Starscream was have him coaxing Sentinel Prime into taking command from Megatron. Just one scene where Starscream goes to talk to Sentinel Prime and says something like "Megatron thinks he's more powerful than you, he wants to dispose of you after you serve your purpose". So then Sentinel Prime gets all up in Megatron's face like you see in the movie, and smacks him down. Then after Rosie riles him up he goes and executes Starscream first for his treason (like have him be like "Laserbeak told me what you did Starscream"). THAT would've been the way to kill Starscream

11. EML420

EML420 It's only part time.

The Starscream death I was like wtf really I expected it to be much more than that. But I saw the movie with my little brother he loved it and I liked it I give it a 7.5/10
    and this movie seemed really pro american I know freedom isnt just an american thing but to it came off has pro usa.

12. Jake Cassidy

I would've liked Starscream vs. Ironhide.

13. Optimus_Prime_

Starscream has always got to get killed by Megatron.

14. Jake Cassidy

I still wanted to see that fight. If Ironhide died fighting Starscream, I'd be able to accept it more.

15. Superfreak

Superfreak Gramaton Cleric

I was happy with that movie, great stuff

16. Paradox1

Paradox1 Well-Known Member

Hope they start new transformers triliolgy with unicron and the transformer creators I forget their name.

17. Optimus_Prime_

That's probably because Transformers doesn't really have "creators" and it was a bunch of similar Japanese toylines stitched together by Hasbro with a whole host of writers from Marvel Comics and Sunbow productions. There is no "Bob Kane" or "Stan Lee" of Transformers. Bob Budinski is close, but you wouldn't want him to touch a script, he's an awful writer.

18. Nathan

Nathan ...

For the new Trilogy we definitely need a writer that can write a coherent story.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2011
  19. Liam_H

Liam_H Well-Known Member

^This movie and ROTF could easily have trimmed some unnecessary subplot/characters. Especially Malkovich's character.

20. Nathan

Nathan ...

What exactly does Malkovich's character do? Did they honestly get a great actor like him only to do some nonsensical stuff?

21. mc7791

mc7791 The Past is your Fuel

thats what I always wanted and to see Ironhide take him out and see Ironhide survive the fight. I felt it when Ironhide died and am a little disturbed that the Autobots did not really deal with his death but they didnt have that much time. Overall awesome film.

22. Optimus_Prime_

I don't want something complex though, honestly I feel these movies work best if the story is a little silly.

For the next one I'd take a break from Megatron before rushing to do Galvatron. I'd start by bringing back Dempsey and Duhamel as transition characters.

First I'd have Soundwave come back. Something silly like he downloaded his intelligence into the net then transforms as a microbot from Dyan's computer (because it looked like he might have survived there). Dyan may be like broke now or something. Then Soundwave put out a dispatch to Jhaxius in space. Jhaxius would be like some ancient Decepticon general who left the planet during the great war. He'd come down there with monsterous Decepticons like Trypticon and the Horrocon like characters.

Then I'd have Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Prowl and Nightbeat following them. Maybe when they get to Earth Hot Rod will befriend some new kids. You can have them get involved in NEST. Then I'd ya'know, give them some objective and use the battle to set up Unicron and Galvatron for the next one.

23. Liam_H

Liam_H Well-Known Member

To me it was just Michael Bay trying to be funny again. He was suppose to be over the top and chew every piece of scenery he could.

24. Nathan

Nathan ...

Why? Because it would be too hard for the current ADHD audience to follow? I haven't watched DOTM yet, nor will I till it's out on blu-ray and I can rent it, but anything in ROTF that didn't involve Transformers bashing each others heads in, **** blowing up or the military, was flat out useless.

It was like an action scene montage, occasionally interrupted by some jackass level humor. I don't expect some Oscar level writing, but I also don't want to be treated like all I care about are boobs, fart jokes and cool looking action scenes.

25. Liam_H

Liam_H Well-Known Member

His death didn't have any reaction to it. I mean Jazz in the first one was played off as comical to me. When optimus says "awww jazz" it made it sound like jazz goofed up again by getting himself killed.