Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

That's probably because Transformers doesn't really have "creators" and it was a bunch of similar Japanese toylines stitched together by Hasbro with a whole host of writers from Marvel Comics and Sunbow productions. There is no "Bob Kane" or "Stan Lee" of Transformers. Bob Budinski is close, but you wouldn't want him to touch a script, he's an awful writer.

The creator of the transformer race I was thinking about was the Quintessons.The transformers use to be their slave labor on Cybertron I forgot their name but not their story.

Why? Because it would be too hard for the current ADHD audience to follow? I haven't watched DOTM yet, nor will I till it's out on blu-ray and I can rent it, but anything in ROTF that didn't involve Transformers bashing each others heads in, **** blowing up or the military, was flat out useless.

It was like an action scene montage, occasionally interrupted by some jackass level humor. I don't expect some Oscar level writing, but I also don't want to be treated like all I care about are boobs, fart jokes and cool looking action scenes.
Yeah, DOTM actually gets rid of most of the humor. They have one somewhat off-color joke, and it's tamer than any of the jokes before it. DOTM balances the humor and dark very well. It reminded me of the 1986 movie, or a watchible episode of the original show.

The creator of the transformer race I was thinking about was the Quintessons.The transformers use to be their slave labor on Cybertron I forgot their name but not their story.
That's no longer their canonical origin. It deals with the Twelve now, which is the origin of the movieverse. Though I wouldn't mind it.

Now when people complain to me about Bayformers it sounds like a "Nice guy" trying to convince his female crush she shouldn't be with her "jerk" boyfriend: "Hey, did you know he uses STOCK FOOTAGE! And he doesn't even give Ironhide dying the appropriate emotional impact! An my Optimus would never say "my bad"! How can you let someone treat you like that!! I know you say he's exciting and "fun" but he doesn't treat you right. Come be with me my love, I'll give you all the things you need like characterization and storylines and emotional crescendos and all that stuff".

Yeah, but 15 years from now, after you have five kids with this movie and it get's drunk and beats you up, you're going to look back and wonder what might have been.

Yeah, but 15 years from now, after you have five kids with this movie and it get's drunk and beats you up, you're going to look back and wonder what might have been.
It's more likely that the sensitive -- and probably indie -- movie would hurt the girl, physically or emotionally, because it feels more threatened by the world and knows what it has to lose. It also probably grew up socially awkward and will forever be intimidated by bigger hits and I wouldn't be surprised if the film murdered her like porphyria's lover.

Oh no, the good movie would still be a big, badass hit, but it will know how to treat you right.

Just saw it. It is much better than the second movie and the action is at its finest. Too bad I couldn't watch it in 3D. Must be something else.
Loved how Optimus [BLACKOUT]killed Megatron[/BLACKOUT] and [BLACKOUT]Sentinel[/BLACKOUT]. NO MERCY!
Loved.

Ironhide's my fav character out of all 3 movies so naturally I'd have some sort of reaction to him dying lol. OP's death in RoTF was sad as heck too though.
Optimus's death wasn't really sad for me because it was so painfully obvious that he was coming back. I was more upset when he lost his arm at the end of DOTM. As a fellow Ironhide fan, I can say that at least he had a good run throughout the movies. He did more than any other Autobot besides OP and Bee. The way I see it, at least he kicked some serious ass before he went. I saw DOTM with my friend who's a Starscream fan and after he died in the most pathetic way I thought, "Well at least Ironhide didn't go out like THAT."

That's no longer their canonical origin. It deals with the Twelve now, which is the origin of the movieverse. Though I wouldn't mind it.

I rather the Quintesson storyline in a new movie universe in a couple years its just a much better story to me.

Transformers Dark of the Moon

The first half still had stupid humor and stuff I didn't care for but the second half was epic. I love the building scene :wow:

8/10

I did like the part when Lennox said, "Let's hunt this thing down" and the camera shows Optimus' face looking distraught and upset about what just happened, because his human friends are now basically seeing them all as "things" again like they did in the first one.

I rather the Quintesson storyline in a new movie universe in a couple years its just a much better story to me.

I prefer the idea that Transformers are just like us-- either evolved or created by God.

Having some other creatures create the Transformers would imply the TFs are more machine than creature.

I don't want something complex though, honestly I feel these movies work best if the story is a little silly.

For the next one I'd take a break from Megatron before rushing to do Galvatron. I'd start by bringing back Dempsey and Duhamel as transition characters.

First I'd have Soundwave come back. Something silly like he downloaded his intelligence into the net then transforms as a microbot from Dyan's computer (because it looked like he might have survived there). Dyan may be like broke now or something. Then Soundwave put out a dispatch to Jhaxius in space. Jhaxius would be like some ancient Decepticon general who left the planet during the great war. He'd come down there with monsterous Decepticons like Trypticon and the Horrocon like characters.

Then I'd have Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, Kup, Prowl and Nightbeat following them. Maybe when they get to Earth Hot Rod will befriend some new kids. You can have them get involved in NEST. Then I'd ya'know, give them some objective and use the battle to set up Unicron and Galvatron for the next one.

I like a lot of this. Like Soundwave was able to upload himself perfectly but Megatron only partially. Hence when he brings him back, he's more Galvatron-like.

And I'd definitely bring in Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus. But we can't have too many Autobots. Have Dino die, like the first scene. Then have Optimus, and his left/right hand men-- Magnus, Ratchet. Bumbleblee. And Hot Rod and Swideswipe working as a duo often. The Wreckers can be off somewhere doing their own thing until the action gets heavy.

That's a solid core of 6 and then 3 more with the Wreckers.

Random but before the previews a group of teens were talking and must of been swearing because a woman got up and yelled" there are children here, you need to watch your language". Then the movie is laced with the "s" word and sexual innuendos lol.

I prefer the idea that Transformers are just like us-- either evolved or created by God.

Having some other creatures create the Transformers would imply the TFs are more machine than creature.

Lets face it the Transformers are a highly advanced machine they are not creatures. Robots that advanced are not made by God they are made by some organic creature.

Last edited:
Optimus's death wasn't really sad for me because it was so painfully obvious that he was coming back. I was more upset when he lost his arm at the end of DOTM. As a fellow Ironhide fan, I can say that at least he had a good run throughout the movies. He did more than any other Autobot besides OP and Bee. The way I see it, at least he kicked some serious ass before he went. I saw DOTM with my friend who's a Starscream fan and after he died in the most pathetic way I thought, "Well at least Ironhide didn't go out like THAT."

Yeah, I was bummed about Optimus arm too cuz clearly Ratchet sucks at repairing his teamates(see Ironhide's right eye)

It was a good movie. Made up for the last one some. Megan Fox 2.0 wasn't as bad as many made out. I still wish they had used a few more of the original Autobot characters and not just left out some from the second movie.

I enjoyed it though.

I disagree. The idea of a machine evolving seems kind of weird. I like the idea that they were created and then "God" gave them life, the "spark".

Didn't enjoy the film overall

Changes I would make to fix the movie

Shockwave is leader on cybertron in megatron's absence

Megatron chased the allspark after he sees the ark get hit; thus implying a change in plans............ to link it with TF1 story

Use the pillars to bring decepeticons from cybertron and not from the moon or bringing cyberton itself; decepticons would take over earth and make it their new cybertron

wtf was suppose to happen once cyberton comes through? It looked like it would collide into earth and destroy it....

Shockwave would come from Cyberton with Decepticon army and fight autobots in an awesome battle with actual fighting and strategies

Optimus takes on both Sentinel Prime and Shockwave and kills them

Megatron then unveils true plans, since he was so damaged/injured he planned on Optimus to defeat Sentinel and Shockwave, Megatron uses the allspark piece that revived him (like how Optimus can take out the matrix) uses it to repair himself using Shockwave's and Sentinel Prime's parts and becomes Super Megatron or Galvatron

Ultimate battle between Megs and Optimus with them mortally wounding each other, Optimus, before death, realizing that Earth will never be safe as long as Autobots or Decepticons are there uses the pillar to transport all Transformers back to Cybertron saying a true farewell to Sam to never lose faith in themselves and they're on their own then cue the sad Linkin Park song and credits

Anyone else like these changes?! =D

It was better than the 2nd i liked it more than the 1st because of the action, but their explanation of how mikaela left sam was very weak to say the least, she waited an entire war in the 2nd film just for sam to say he loves her and she misteriously leaves without even taking a transformer for herself?
By the way, what was all that thing with Megatron?
They have a mutual respect but they made him look like a weakling, like starscream already is in front of megatron.
He deserved a better ending, and that human that was made a servant of the decepticon, i kinda felt sorry for the guy in the beginning because he couldn't really do a thing. But they seemed to want to correct that by making him even more evil, all hee seemed to want was to be enslaved but in the begining he said he didn't want that to happen.

Last edited:
Thought this film was marginally better than Fallen but not by much at all!! Didn't like how the Autobots were pretty much getting involved in American affairs. I would have preferred them to act as mediators rather than them being lackeys for the American cause!!

I gotta admit I fell asleep during Sentinel's betrayal of Ironhide and the Autobots. Wish I could see it now. But I ain't wasting money to go and watch this a second time though! I guess I'll just wait for it to be uploaded on YouTube or something.

And once again yes same old with all that unnecessary humour but at least it was toned down a little. I suppose it shows that Orci and Kurtzmann's writing helped make these these films a little more coherent IMHO. DOTM was just all over the place. And what was up with all those cheesy musical numbers? There was at least 3 right????

Agreed that Starscream shouldn't have been killed off like a b*tch! Thought Shockwave was pretty cool and I do agree with the idea of him and other Decepticons coming to Earth from Cybertron rather than them coming out of the Moon, which was uber lame to say the least.

That final battle in Chicago? Thought it dragged and far too much was going on. The building scene was just ridiculous!!!! Seeing them falling down the side of the building oh please!!! Still thought the action sequences were fine but once again things were just a blur! And yes this like Fallen was far too long! How much drivel does Bay want to cram into his films anyway???

That Rosie Huntington-Whitely while a little easier on the eyes than Megan Fox, I felt was nothing more than promoting some of Victoria's Secret's latest fashions. And she became Carly??? I'll say no more on the matter let alone her acting. She'll be forgotten in a year you watch!

As for Shia? Yup you really suck my boy!! I used to think he was the face of the future but I'm truly sick of him now!! Glad I am that the trilogy is over and I do hope a decent reboot will be thought of in the future. Just hope that Michael Bay, Lorenzo DiBonaventura and Don Murphy will not have any involvement!!!

Rating: 4/10

Last edited:
Yeah, DOTM actually gets rid of most of the humor. They have one somewhat off-color joke, and it's tamer than any of the jokes before it. DOTM balances the humor and dark very well. It reminded me of the 1986 movie, or a watchible episode of the original show.

Seriously what movie did you watch? Sure there were dark elements, but there was just as much obnoxious humor as ROTF. Ummm Deep Wang? :doh:

What exactly does Malkovich's character do? Did they honestly get a great actor like him only to do some nonsensical stuff?

Just more of Bay's obsession with hamming it up. Seriously like 2/3rd's of the human characters should've been cut right out of this overstuffed turkey.

Why? Because it would be too hard for the current ADHD audience to follow? I haven't watched DOTM yet, nor will I till it's out on blu-ray and I can rent it, but anything in ROTF that didn't involve Transformers bashing each others heads in, **** blowing up or the military, was flat out useless.

It was like an action scene montage, occasionally interrupted by some jackass level humor. I don't expect some Oscar level writing, but I also don't want to be treated like all I care about are boobs, fart jokes and cool looking action scenes.

Amen brother .... seriously Amen .... It's like Michael Bay thinks all of us are booger eaters and will drool over nonsense.

Amen brother .... seriously Amen .... It's like Michael Bay thinks all of us are booger eaters and will drool over nonsense.

Replace *All* with *Most* and he'd be right.

Look at the Transformers trilogy $$.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"