Dark of the Moon OFFICIAL Dark of the Moon REVIEW THREAD - Part 1

It's a summer action movie very much in the same form as the action movie of the 80's just with Cgi. Judging by how well TF3 has done the general audience doesn't want to be bogged down by over thinking in a action flick. If Michael Bay ever did Punisher we would finally have a great punisher flick.

I've lost my faith in the American cinema viewer. Seriously 162 million for this POS? I was hoping this would bomb so we wouldn't be subjected to more of Michael Bay's pre-pubecent humor.

If you honestly thought a Transformers movie was going to bomb, I got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell ya.

I've lost my faith in the American cinema viewer. Seriously 162 million for this POS? I was hoping this would bomb so we wouldn't be subjected to more of Michael Bay's pre-pubecent humor.

:whatever: This snobbery is getting old fast .Transofrmers is far better than the pos **** Iron Man 2 by the way , which I don't cry about making the money it did over better films like Kick Ass in my view . People have the right to their opinions and taste.

And really this film was destined to make over 300 million .

Just saw it. It is much better than the second movie and the action is at its finest. Too bad I couldn't watch it in 3D. Must be something else.
Loved how Optimus [BLACKOUT]killed Megatron[/BLACKOUT] and [BLACKOUT]Sentinel[/BLACKOUT]. NO MERCY!
Loved.

That's the thing...

The REAL Optimus Prime would have never killed Sentinel in that fashion, or stated something such as "We will kill them all."

The reason why I fell in love with Optimus wasn't just because he was a wise and fearless leader that handed out ass-kickings, but because Optimus was also compassionate. He gave everyone every opportunity to change all the way to the very last second. Optimus didn't give Sentinel that opportunity.

That's the thing...

The REAL Optimus Prime would have never killed Sentinel in that fashion, or stated something such as "We will kill them all."

The reason why I fell in love with Optimus wasn't just because he was a wise and fearless leader that handed out ass-kickings, but because Optimus was also compassionate. He gave everyone every opportunity to change all the way to the very last second. Optimus didn't give Sentinel that opportunity.
You mean the REAL Optimus who, in 1986, went on a proverbial Decepticon killing spree to take out Megatron "no matter the cost". That peacenik. I think people confuse Peter Cullen's Optimus, who didn't kill out of censorship issues but never indicated he had qualms about it, to Gary Chalkes MUCH more pacifist Optimus Primal. Prime killed quite often in the comics. He killed Unicron, Starscream, and a few others (lots of red shirts). It's true I wouldn't consider him bloodthirsty, but it seemed like once some Decepticon "crossed the line" he would get pretty hardcore. Remember Optimus was just about to execute Megatron in TFTM86

Of course, Optimus has killed, and he's had every right in battle. It's impossible not to kill anyone in combat.

Yet, I've seen him in the television show and comics hold back from just slaughtering a defeated and/or weaponless Decepticon many times before -- in a sense of honor and compassion.

Wow, just got back. I see the first one as ok (love Bumblebee, Sam, and Optimus mainly) then was frustrated with the second one but this one was great. Yes, it's still a Bay film (not that bad of a thing).

I loved it, I feel they finally got a Transformers movie right for once. The Chicago battle scene was crazy. Kind of mad they filmed in the Chicago Post Office but said it was in Washington DC as the NEST HQ.

New girl was ok (she already wins over Fox for the Megatron trick out at the end), and Dempsey was surprisingly good.

Sam/Bumblebee/Optimus are the backbone of these films. As long as those three are rocking, I can forgive anything else.

I'm not afraid to say, the most emotion these films have were in those Bumblebee and Sam going away/almost dying/brother scenes...

It sucks it took them this long to get these films right.

Does anyone know if they want to keep going at all?

Also, they only main gripe is the "back-history" retconning they seem to do in every film. Sometimes they should just let a new "at-the-moment" force attack the Autobots.

:whatever: This snobbery is getting old fast .Transofrmers is far better than the pos **** Iron Man 2 by the way , which I don't cry about making the money it did over better films like Kick Ass in my view . People have the right to their opinions and taste.

And really this film was destined to make over 300 million .

I guess if snobbery is expecting that a film not resort to cheap gags and chain massive explosions after one another in lieu of a plot, or character development, then call me guilty.

That's the thing...

I agree, it was totally out of character. I thought the characterization of Optimus in the first film was spot on, then it went down hill from there.

Optimus prime is not Jack Bauer.

I guess if snobbery is expecting that a film not resort to cheap gags and chain massive explosions after one another in lieu of a plot, or character development, then call me guilty.
Can I just call you a snob?

Do you sit there and analyze theme park rides? Do you try and understand the meaning behind Buzz Lightyear: Laser whatever?

Do you attack the character development and motives of John Connor and the T-800 in Terminator 2 3D: Battle Across Time?

Because that's all these movies are. Attractions. Things to take your mind away from everything else in the world.

And they're even more so with 3D.

So stop your *****ing, and get the **** over it. Dont even give me **** after this post, because you are wrong. Plain wrong.

The fact is this. These movies are shallow, explosion fests with quick rushed stories, simple character development, and amazing special effects.

Dispite your constant *****ing about the american public, there is not that many of these types of flicks that came out this year. Most of the Summer flicks HAVE been well made, character driven, movies, with actual plot, and some...very little, but some depth. But at the same time, sometimes I just dont ****ing want that.

These movies exist to thrill you. Nothing more. If you cant have fun during them, then what-the-****-ever. Watch something else.

It's one thing if you were lead to believe these would be films of the highest caliber, and if you were, insert insult here....

This movie never lied to you. Bay didnt lie to you. He said there would be more story. And there was. There was a story, a better on the ROTF. He said the humor would be toned down...and it was. Only one scene stood out as godawful...the bathroom one. There was also some pretty good acting from Shia. I mean, c'mon...the dude did the scene justice.

So there you go. Another rant by me over this stupid ass movie. It's ment to entertain you. You dont like movies that exist to purely entertain you? Fine. It's cool. But watch something else.

No-one's forcing you to watch his movies.

Geez take a chill pill.

I happen to like the first movie. The second and third movies are like eating a bowl of captain crunch with two cups of sugar, maple syrup, and M&M's poured on top, washed down with a glass of mountain dew.

It's just too freaking much. If that makes someone a "snob" for saying that, then so be it.

That's exactly what I had for breakfast.

Last edited:
Definitely should of given Ironhide more of a heroic/badass death. Shot in the back?

I would of been fine if he gave up a fight and was killed but shot in the back is kinda lame. Not to mention little reaction from Lennox and Sam.

I agree, it was totally out of character. I thought the characterization of Optimus in the first film was spot on, then it went down hill from there.

Optimus prime is not Jack Bauer.

Definitely. Optimus is not some trigger-happy sociopath. He's stated numerous times in the comics and tv shows that killing a fellow comrade/brother is always the last resort.

Definitely should of given Ironhide more of a heroic/badass death. Shot in the back?

I would of been fine if he gave up a fight and was killed but shot in the back is kinda lame. Not to mention little reaction from Lennox and Sam.

I concur, I wasn't a big Ironhide fan but he was apart of the Autobot squad for quite a bit, and the death he was handed was cheap and lame (similar to that of Starscream's). Not only was his death quick and emotionless, not a single Autobot or human mourned Ironhide after the event. He was simply forgotten.

See, he said he'd tone down the potty humor we got in ROTF but he replaced it with equally unfunny material

Did anyone else almost throw up when Bill O'Reilly appeared on the big screen?

I concur, I wasn't a big Ironhide fan but he was apart of the Autobot squad for quite a bit, and the death he was handed was cheap and lame (similar to that of Starscream's). Not only was his death quick and emotionless, not a single Autobot or human mourned Ironhide after the event. He was simply forgotten.

At least it's all over now. :p

Even Jazz was mourned after the first film, they even showed his dead body and Optimus mourning.

The first film was sooo good and was a great movie to introduce the characters and get attached to them, but nope it's a shame what happened to this series.

At least it's all over now. :p

Even Jazz was mourned after the first film, they even showed his dead body and Optimus mourning.

For some reason I found what Optimus said to be comical. "Awwww Jazz..." It sounded like Jazz had goofed up again and Optimus was disappointed in his actions. But you are correct, there was at least a reaction to his death unlike Ironhide, which was nothing.

The "twist" with Sentinal wasn't even handled very well. It would have been better if Iron Hide had caught Sentinal trying to make contact with the Decepticons or something. They tried tying it in with what Sam found out, but because he had no contact with Optimus it felt completely out of sync with everything else going on.

I just got back from seeing it in 3D IMAX. Definitely better than RotF, but not as good as the first film. Rosie whats-her-name was okay, but it was painfuly obvious that her lines were meant for Megan Fox's character.

3D didn't particular add anything to the viewing experience. I'll sure be glad when we get back to plain old IMAX..................

The "twist" with Sentinal wasn't even handled very well. It would have been better if Iron Hide had caught Sentinal trying to make contact with the Decepticons or something. They tried tying it in with what Sam found out, but because he had no contact with Optimus it felt completely out of sync with everything else going on.

I guess it was just supposed to help you hate SP

Late to the party with my own official review.

It's really long (1,400 words), so anyone interested can read it here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"