Official Halo Thread

I don't think Halo 4 needs to dumb itself down to be like COD at all... Why would it need to lose it's uniqueness when it's already proven itself?

Because it equals more sales. Not that I think anything can signifcantly be dumbed down, part of Halo's success was that it was specfically streamlined and made more accessible down from previous pc centric shooters.

Halo4 better have armor customization that affects gameplay and gun customization to compete with another COD and whatever else comes out this X-Mas.

... No. I don't want it to be anything like Call of Doody.

I'm indifferent about gun customization, but armor customization should no affect gameplay. Not ever. I don't want to wear a sh**y piece of armor, because it makes me faster or gives me more defense.

Why Am I Crouching Spock? said:
Because it equals more sales. Not that I think anything can signifcantly be dumbed down, part of Halo's success was that it was specfically streamlined and made more accessible down from previous pc centric shooters.

I don't remember Halo having any problems with sales before...

^Agreed.

I mean if I can put a scope on a shotgun.. You know, whatever.. But armor, as you said, should never effect gameplay.

Halo needs to pave the way for FPS again, not just ripoff COD to appease that games fanbase.

Yea halo is Halo for a reason its not COD...nor should it try to be

I don't remember Halo having any problems with sales before...

First person shooters never had a problem with sales before Halo.
By streamlining it or "dumbing down" as you put it, sales sky-rocketed. Likewise with Call Of Duty, the reason this title is popular is specifically because (like Halo) it's "dumbing down". Paving the way, will be "dumbing down". Gaming is now at the point (and proven to improve sales) that having you just stand and waggle a stick is enough. Thats "paving the way". This is the future of gaming.

Why Are You Crouching Spock? said:
First person shooters never had a problem with sales before Halo.
By streamlining it or "dumbing down" as you put it, sales sky-rocketed. Likewise with Call Of Duty, the reason this title is popular is specifically because (like Halo) it's "dumbing down". Paving the way, will be "dumbing down". Gaming is now at the point (and proven to improve sales) that having you just stand and waggle a stick is enough. Thats "paving the way". This is the future of gaming.

I always thought Bungie were great at sticking to their guns and not bowing to any sort of industry standard, with 343 seeming to want to follow that trend..

But you're probably right, this will be called 'HaloField3: Call of Noobs'

The only thing I want from Halo, is that the game makes me actually feel like a Super Soldier. I want to be able to do more than run & jump around and shoot. I'm not saying make it exactly like Mirror's Edge or Brink, but I'd love to be able to travel the terrain in a similar way. Or have more complex melee options than stealth kills and a simple hit.

I'd like to be able to run and not have it be a special skill or perk, lol.

I don't know what I want specifically from Halo 4, I just know that I want it to be wildly different than the previous games. I want it to feel fresh and new. Though based on some comments by Ryan Payton, I'm not expecting much.

Apparently the Halo 4 embargo is lifted tomorrow. Perhaps we'll finally get some news.

I'm guessing there has been a press event and the embargo means they're not allowed to put up any stories about it until tomorrow.

Can't wait to hear more about Halo 4. Really enjoyed the teaser.

I really hope the gameplay evolved. I still enjoy Halo the way it is, but I just want to be able to do a lot more.

Boom.

e49cad85.jpg
8f8800a1.jpg

It looks pretty good. The textures probably won't be that sharp in the final game, but for now it looks good.

Still not a fan of the armor at all. Where did he even get it?

Look at his left hand in the second picture :lmao:.

Maybe they're just going to magically retcon the suit. Not sure what to think of that if that's what they do.

Look at his left hand in the second picture :lmao:.

He must be popular with the ladies. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"