First Avenger OFFICIAL: Hugo Weaving is Red Skull - Part 6/6/44

I wonder what he's pulling off his face? It looks like a burlap balaclava. I hope we see the Skull's face for the majority of the movie.

It's his Hugo Weaving (or Johann Shmidt) mask. Which is pretty awesome.

I wonder what he's pulling off his face? It looks like a burlap balaclava. I hope we see the Skull's face for the majority of the movie.
Apparently
he wears a mask of his old face. He is disfigured in a prologue scene where he steals the Cosmic Cube.

I'd like to know too. From what I understood it's just a mask, albeit a lifelike one. The quick glimpse appears to be showing him taking off a human mask. Are they going for an organic disfigured look?

:huh:
Maybe he uses somekind of poison gas that turn peoples faces like skull and kills them. Maybe he got that gas on his own face but he somehow survived. (sorry for my bad english)

Like this
dusttodust.jpg

Last edited:
That is one fantastic looking Red Skull in the teaser.

How did Red Skull's face become what it is in this film? I'm not too familiar with the character, but I read that he wears a "red skull" mask, and that isn't his actual face. Could someone explain?

In the books he was originally a normal human who wore a Red Skull mask. Since the mid 80's he acquired a new body (a clone of Cap's no less) the face of which was soon disfigured by his own 'red dust of death' (see the Joker/Skull scan before) to resemble his old mask (the dust did have the effect of disfiguring the faces of its victims, much like the Joker's does).

For the movie they have gone straight to the disfigured look, with him wearing a human mask to hide it. As to how he gets that way, from the looks of it they may well be borrowing the one good idea the 90's film had: That the Skull was a recipient of an earlier form of the Super Solider treatment and it disfigured him.

Based on what I've seen in the online comic from the website, they do seem to be heading that way.

Looking at the shot from the preview, and looking back that the promo pic of him holding the Cosmic Cube, you can actually see the red right around the eyes kind of implying that it's not his real face. I thought that was a nice touch.

I just hope that once he reveals how he really looks, the mask stays off.

JAK®;19663692 said:
Apparently
he wears a mask of his old face. He is disfigured in a prologue scene where he steals the Cosmic Cube.

That might be the case, but the online comic suggests they may be going for the earlier attempt at the SS serum.

Erkine's words to Steve in the teaser would also have more meaning there as well, if his work had been used before and created a monster.

JAK®;19663692 said:
Apparently
That sounds like an awesome way to open a movie. :up:

Looking at the shot from the preview, and looking back that the promo pic of him holding the Cosmic Cube, you can actually see the red right around the eyes kind of implying that it's not his real face. I thought that was a nice touch.

I'm not sure what's creepier...his skull face or a mask that still shows part of his muscle/skull undernearth. :)

I have to say it...

The make-up work on Red Skull is so awesome it will MELT. YOUR. FACE OFF.

=P

Ooooh man. I can't freakin' wait to see Red Skull on the bigscreen. He could potentially be one of the best superhero movie villains thus far.

^Already a great quote that will be remembered. That one line says so much!

Ya, I brought that up here in the Cap forums a while back, but nobody else really noticed. Cool little tweak they did with it.

I wonder how Steve shows that he is such a good man? What made them choose him?

JAK®;19666429 said:

I guess that is to be revealed.

He's going to be creepy as all hell! Knowing his face is a mask...

^Already a great quote that will be remembered. That one line says so much!

It's a great line.

JAK®;19666429 said:

Just from the quick glimpse we got I can tell the story of pre serum Rogers is going to be just something else. Chris Evans was able to get my full sympathy in the trailer in seeing a rather frail, goofy looking kid with a look of determination and sadness but still having that earnest sense of will in his eye. Thats exactly what I needed to see.

I guess that is to be revealed.

Yup.

It's a great line.

Just from the quick glimpse we got I can tell the story of pre serum Rogers is going to be just something else. Chris Evans was able to get my full sympathy in the trailer in seeing a rather frail, goofy looking kid with a look of determination and sadness but still having that earnest sense of will in his eye. Thats exactly what I needed to see.

Yup.

yeah the Evans' appearance as pre-serum Rogers gives him an even more humble look. It was visually impressive and the cgi or whatever used to give him that appearance is great. And also, if all signs point towards Red Skull being disfigured due to a bad reaction to the SSS, that will make him even greater as a villain, one super-soldier made to be a conqueror, the other was made as a sign of hope to aid others

Everyone's positivity is making me anxious!

IT NEEDS TO BE JULY 22ND...NOW! PLEASE! Argh!

Ooooh man. I can't freakin' wait to see Red Skull on the bigscreen. He could potentially be one of the best superhero movie villains thus far.

I agree, but don't forget Loki because he looks to be a crowd pleaser as well.

They're both probably gonna rank up there with Joker (Heath Ledger) and Doc Ock (Alfred Molina).

I will say one thing .... until we see him talking and the facial movements while he's wearing the prosthetics, we really don't know how it's going to turn out. I always liked how they did Two-Face in DK, but obviously we're not going to be getting something like that here, probably due to cost reasons.

What do you mean? Like a meaty skull with no eyelids or lips?

If that's the case then I prefer the more faithful look they went for. A head disfigured to resemble a skull but isn't one. I am so crazy about this thing it's ridiculous. Right out of the books.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"