First Avenger OFFICIAL: Hugo Weaving is Red Skull - Part 6/6/44

New Red Skull is great. Thank god that he doesn't look like this

1218647-red_skull_movie_super.jpg

Red Skull reminds me of a Power Ranger Villian

IvanOoze1.jpg

Obvious trolling aside, there's a world [no - make that universe] of difference in quality, style, technique approach, and intent between the two make-ups we're talking about here. To be honest, your comment just makes you look like a spoilt brat who could be given a bar of gold for free only to complain that it isnt platinum.

Sadly, this is a trait all to common with your modern day 'fan' who expects things to be handed to them perfectly on a silver platter, and then even when it is, still say 'meh'.

It's posts like yours that make me hate the internet.

Obvious trolling aside, there's a world [no - make that universe] of difference in quality, style, technique approach, and intent between the two make-ups we're talking about here. To be honest, your comment just makes you look like a spoilt brat who could be given a bar of gold for free only to complain that it isnt platinum.

Sadly, this is a trait all to common with your modern day 'fan' who expects things to be handed to them perfectly on a silver platter, and then even when it is, still say 'meh'.

I second that :up:

Thanks. :up:

I'd third it but it would be a conflict of interest. :D

Red Skull reminds me of a Power Ranger Villian

IvanOoze1.jpg

:whatever:

I love the Batman movies, Burton and Nolan. I also enjoy them despite their faults (IMO, they aren't perfect), but when I see comments like this, which is just silly trolling, it annoys me.

Why can't fans of this genre just agree that successful and quality comic book movies help the genre continue to grow and thrive. How boring would it be to only ever have the Nolan Batman movies because every other franchise failed critically and financially? I want diversity in my genre movies. It's just sad and a little stupid to put down one comic book movie because you're a fan of another franchise that's part of a different universe.

I'll always give DC movies a chance, even though I'm more a Marvel comic gal. I'm still planning on going to Green Lantern even though I'm not as impressed with the trailer as I wanted to be. But I'm hoping for good things from that. Same goes for X-Men.

But I'm really excited for CA, Thor, Superman, the Spider-Man reboot, and Dark Knight Rises. And both companies have failed in bringing major female heroes to the big screen in a substantial way. I'm not about to start saying that one movie's gonna fail in order to boost another. Those type of statements always have a way of coming back and biting you on the ass, in my opinion.

Last edited:
:whatever:

I love the Batman movies, Burton and Nolan. I also enjoy them despite their faults (IMO, they aren't perfect), but when I see comments like this, which is just silly trolling, it annoys me.

Why can't fans of this genre just agree that successful and quality comic book movies help the genre continue to grow and thrive. How boring would it be to only ever have the Nolan Batman movies because every other franchise failed critically and financially? I want diversity in my genre movies. It's just sad and a little stupid to put down one comic book movie because you're a fan of another franchise that's part of a different universe.

I'll always give DC movies a chance, even though I'm more a Marvel comic gal. I'm still planning on going to Green Lantern even though I'm not as impressed with the trailer as I wanted to be. But I'm hoping for good things from that. Same goes for X-Men.

But I'm really excited for CA, Thor, Superman, the Spider-Man reboot, and Dark Knight Rises. And I'm not about to start saying that one movie's gonna fail in order to boost another. Those type of statements always have a way of coming back and biting you on the ass, in my opinion.

Yeah I know what you mean, I'm more of a Mavel fan but I like DC and I can't wait for GL to be released :). Even thought my favorite superhero is Thor, I still hope other comic book films do well so the genre as a whole can be taken more seriously.

Does anybody know what page this guy's stupid picture and comment was posted?

I like the look of the Red Skull. It looks like what you got in most comics without it being silly and instead looks very cool. Plus it does look like Weaving will be able to express a lot through that mask so it should make for a good performance.

If Red Skull's Hugo Weaving face is just a mask, then why not give himself a fuller hairline while he's at it? Why would he go for one like he has?

If Red Skull's Hugo Weaving face is just a mask, then why not give himself a fuller hairline while he's at it? Why would he go for one like he has?

Are you being serious? Is the hairline of his human faced mask really something you thought about?

It WAS a full head of hair, but that mask is freeking tight man!

Are you being serious? Is the hairline of his human faced mask really something you thought about?

It's a good, if not funny, observation. I mean obviously he did it for the sake of continuity with peers but it's funny that a more vain person would make themself look awesome.

It's a good, if not funny, observation. I mean obviously he did it for the sake of continuity with peers but it's funny that a more vain person would make themself look awesome.

Lol :yay: It's a bit of a can of worms though, aint it?

I mean...the hairline?
Why stop there? He could have a Brad Pitt or Johhny Depp face mask, why settle on something that looks like Hugo Weaving? (not that Weaving is butt ugly, but there are better looking guys about).

That why I asked if they were being serious. The idea of the hairline standing out and asking why he did not go for a fuller one seems utterly silly to me when there is the whole face to play with if you do happen to think about that kind of thing :cwink:.

Lol :yay: It's a bit of a can of worms though, aint it?

I mean...the hairline?
Why stop there? He could have a Brad Pitt or Johhny Depp face mask, why settle on something that looks like Hugo Weaving? (not that Weaving is butt ugly, but there are better looking guys about).

That why I asked if they were being serious. The idea of the hairline standing out and asking why he did not go for a fuller one seems utterly silly to me when there is the whole face to play with if you do happen to think about that kind of thing :cwink:.

Well I can understand why he might have the Hugo Weaving face, as he might want to look like he was before, or it might be the face that naturally fits over that skull visage (like how on CSI they often reconstruct a face over a skull). However, since his fellow Nazis or Hydra agents will know it's a mask anyway, why not give himself a different wig? It's not like someone is going to say "Herr Schmidtt, your hair looks fake. Is that a toupee?" Even if it does look like one, who is going to dare say that to his (fake) face?

I have to say that as a DC fan (and a Nolanite in particular) I'm really digging what I've seen of Cap. Not a fan of the title (was always partial to "The First Avenger: Captain America" but that's just me) but aside from that I really like the design of the film and what Marvel is doing with it's Cinematic Universe, so this could really be something special. I've even started believing in Evans as Rogers, despite his Johnny Storm-y past :woot:

To all the whiners...

Do a quick image search on google for "Red Skull" and tell me which one is the definitive looks for the character. There's only been about a dozen and a half takes on the nuances of Red Skull's appearance.

Has anyone noticed that Abin Sur from the GL movie looks a lot like that old Red Skull from the 90s? lol

But this Red Skull looks absolutely badass! CANNOT WAIT!

I can't express how pleasantly pleased I am by Red Skull's look. I do hope he maintains the appearance for a good portion of the film. I'd hate for it to turn out to be similar to Scarecrow in Begins where Crane constantly pulled the mask off. I'm not suggesting that will happen, but merely expressing my hope that we will see the Skull in his true glory as much as possible (and maybe in future films?).

And as a side note, the Red Skull from the 1990 film is just appalling. Everything about it just makes me shake my head. And I'm not even considering the characterization here!

Agreed. The internet is filled with haters, trolls, and dorks. Everything about this movie looks great and of high quality, yet they still hate. Nothing pleases anybody these days. Unless of course it's made by Nolan and has a larger group of fanatics trolling every facet of the internet. These of course are the same obnoxious clowns hating on Iron Man 2 the entire summer. I honestly don't know who is worse when it comes to hating---sports fans or geeks.

Has anyone noticed that Abin Sur from the GL movie looks a lot like that old Red Skull from the 90s? lol

But this Red Skull looks absolutely badass! CANNOT WAIT!

See that's the first thing that came to my mind with prosthetics. I wasn't buying Abin's mask at all in the trailer. Part of that I think has to do with the translation of the color on screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"