Official Man of Steel Trailer(s) Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That seems to be the case. It does look like she is tracking Clark in some way. I don't know at what point she is in Smallville but she does seem to be where Clark is, at places where he would want to be anonymous.

In the Comic-Con trailer, she kisses Superman, but we don't know what the deal is in terms of her knowing Clark's identity etc.

Sounds like Birthright. I like it.

I usually dislike teasers like this, but with Russell Crowe's narration and the music, I really liked.

I was very underwhelmed by the teaser. It was just OK. It was nothing, IMO, that is going to excite the GA about the movie. It certainly did not excite me.

With that said, the one thing I did love was the Shore music selection with Crowe's voice over. I can listen to that over and over.

Call me crazy, but I've watch and listen to this trailer with Jor-El voice over 50x now and still love the imagery of it. Can't wait for the full trailer.

Cant beleive the negativity from some on here. What do you expect? It was just a TEASER. All it was intended to do is basically let the GA know that a Superman movie is coming; kind of like an announcement. It's the actual trailer that's going to contain all the money shots etc. If that underwhelms then fine, by all means voice your displeasure but right now? I feel it's all a bit too premature to be let down by a teaser.

Cant beleive the negativity from some on here. What do you expect? It was just a TEASER. All it was intended to do is basically let the GA know that a Superman movie is coming; kind of like an announcement. It's the actual trailer that's going to contain all the money shots etc. If that underwhelms then fine, by all means voice your displeasure but right now? I feel it's all a bit too premature to be let down by a teaser.

I personally think much of it is down to the leaked CC trailer.

People got excited by that and rightly so, they probably expected a lot of that footage to be in the teaser.

The overall reaction to the teaser would probably be slightly different had the CC footage never got out.

I think it would've been worse because we know they are holding back with the footage and action shots.

People got excited by that and rightly so, they probably expected a lot of that footage to be in the teaser.

The overall reaction to the teaser would probably be slightly different had the CC footage never got out.

Yeah seeing the Comic Con trailer first certainly made the teaser less impactful. I loved the teaser but the Comic Con trailer was like a teaser anyway cause it shows you a fair bit but didn't really reveal much, they should have probably used the comic con trailer tbh.

Guys do check out my teaser in my signature if you feel negativity towards the teaser they released. let me know how you feel about this one.

I must be in the twilight zone because everywhere I go (youtube, facebook, tumblr, twitter) the reaction to the teaser seems to be predominantly positive GA-wise and ratcheted up genuine interest. It's mainly us fanboys complaining.

That's the problem. Too much **** being leaked. Back in the 80s you saw what you saw and dammit, that is all you got. We got something like this back then we would have **** ourselves.

I must be in the twilight zone because everywhere I go (youtube, facebook, tumblr, twitter) the reaction to the teaser seems to be predominantly positive GA-wise and ratcheted up genuine interest. It's mainly us fanboys complaining.

Oh yeah were super spoiled these days, its just the modern era. I personally think the CC trailer would have been better but of course it is to me I'm an excited Superman fan whose seen more than he should have. The teaser is fantastic but as we've been shown something more and we're greedy unfortunately. Its clear the what the GA thinks is far more important in terms of box office.

I agree with this 100%. I am sure it has been discussed, but I will never understand why they didn't use the Comic Con trailer. It was SUPERB!

The oil ring fire is confirmed.

Don't know if Lois is supposed to be there, though.

Guys do check out my teaser in my signature if you feel negativity towards the teaser they released. let me know how you feel about this one.

Poeman.....Your Superman trailer is GREAT! Nice sound editing! I will never tire of Brando, the Fortress of Solitude, The Williams score, and the Donnerverse..............:super:

Last edited:
I agree with this 100%. I am sure it has been discussed, but I will never understand why they didn't use the Comic Con trailer. It was SUPERB!

It really is I can't stop watching it. I hope the first trailer is either as good or better than the CC footage.

Also.........What is with the strange fixation about laundry in this trailer?...Ugh....

Geez, you need to lighten up.
You are right, I should....no offense....I am still pouting about the powers that be not using the Comic Con trailer. However, the best scene was put in the theatrical trailer and that is obviously the great flight of Superman from a distance. I love all that you hear is just the wind and the sonic boom blasts.

Laundry, butterflies and fishing boats are what Superman is all about.
Laundry = Cape flowing in the wind?
Butterflies = Superman flying?
Fishing Boats = Clark, trying for a roll in The Deadliest Catch? .........:dry:

The butterfly's wing was stuck into the chain. I like to think that's Luthor's doing.

It's lines up when Pa Kent says "good character or bad"

Guys, it's one thing to hate on the teaser, but if you just don't get why they showed what they showed, then here's how (I believe) it breaks down:

The idea of the teaser what was to surprise and to provoke questions. It focuses on the realistic, gritty, yet beautiful look and feel of the world this Superman will inhabit which is unlike anything we've seen in a Superman film. It focuses specifically on the Deadliest Catch moments because we're going to be seeing formative periods of Clark's life that have never been depicted. And the entirety of the trailer is kept vague and non-linear because when the flight scene happens, you're supposed to be surprised that it's a Superman movie and you're left to wonder, "Why is he on a fishing boat? Superman has a beard? Damn they're taking a realistic approach to Superman..." And the flight scene is the tiniest taste of the special effects to come. Bottom line, the teaser makes the statement that the movie isn't just going to be an effects orgy, that they're trying inject some humanity into Superman, which I don't think is a bad thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"